A (semi) complete list of all cut content I could find in the files

Users who are viewing this thread

Highly doubtful. Sexism was in Warband sans the laws and likely could be readded without any rating addition. There is no ESRB hit for sexism and TW has zero reason to care. Slavery was probably cut along with the slave rebellion minor faction for being too complicated.
Tell me did you find all these?

I can add a few more

They were planning to add random item trading bans by some factions so that you could smuggle those items and sell with great profit with taking risk of impacting your "criminal rating" (Yes criminal rating, that thing which doesn't do anything in the game)
XML:
<string id="str_add_contraband_news" text="{=!}Trading of {ITEM} is forbidden {FACTION_NAME_1}." />

About tournaments, I can give more insight.
- They were planning to have horse racing in the city. You can still find traces of that in the code.
- They were also planning to add jousting - like in medieval times where you do couched lancing to each other from the opposite direction.
- They were planning to add archery competition where you have to shoot terracotta pots with other competitors. First one that finishes gets the score and so on.

They were planning to add sneaking missions - where you use grapple hooks to infiltrate compounds.
C#:
game_menu_castle_town_sneak_grappling_hook_on_consequence
 InformationManager.AddQuickInformation(new TextObject("{=!}TODO You have not any grappling hook!",...

Camping. Yeah, just camping. They were planning to have camping option like we had in Warband.

By the way, all these can still be added. But based on their "priority" statement - it is very unlikely. Some of them are probably WIP but things like tournaments are tested and removed from the game. Such things have very low possibility to readded into the game.

I think they had a much more ambitious vision for Bannerlord but at some point for reasons unknown to us decided to scrap those and simplify the game's features.

Maybe Armagan had a change at heart and thought the game was getting too bloated with all these cool features and needed to be a "cleaner" canvas, maybe they were stuck in dev hell and decided to cut corners so the game would see the light of day before our grandchildren's time who knows?

Hope modders can eventually restore all these cool things and/or add their own to the game

I can add a few more

They were planning to add random item trading bans by some factions so that you could smuggle those items and sell with great profit with taking risk of impacting your "criminal rating" (Yes criminal rating, that thing which doesn't do anything in the game)
XML:
<string id="str_add_contraband_news" text="{=!}Trading of {ITEM} is forbidden {FACTION_NAME_1}." />

About tournaments, I can give more insight.
- They were planning to have horse racing in the city. You can still find traces of that in the code.
- They were also planning to add jousting - like in medieval times where you do couched lancing to each other from the opposite direction.
- They were planning to add archery competition where you have to shoot terracotta pots with other competitors. First one that finishes gets the score and so on.

They were planning to add sneaking missions - where you use grapple hooks to infiltrate compounds.
C#:
game_menu_castle_town_sneak_grappling_hook_on_consequence
InformationManager.AddQuickInformation(new TextObject("{=!}TODO You have not any grappling hook!",...

Camping. Yeah, just camping. They were planning to have camping option like we had in Warband.

By the way, all these can still be added. But based on their "priority" statement - it is very unlikely. Some of them are probably WIP but things like tournaments are tested and removed from the game. Such things have very low possibility to readded into the game.
I dont think the tournaments are removed. They probably made much simpler version of the tournaments so that it will be easy for the EA. Current arena system is unacceptable compared to warband.

I dont think the tournaments are removed. They probably made much simpler version of the tournaments so that it will be easy for the EA. Current arena system is unacceptable compared to warband.
Save this to your notes. Check back after "release". There is a really high possibility that you will be sad.

Save this to your notes. Check back after "release". There is a really high possibility that you will be sad.
Then taleworlds should be ready to lose their playerbase, current state and emptiness of the game is unacceptable. We are the users of this product and if they really started this EA thing for suggestions and fixing the game before all the games unfinished aspects were added. Then they need to listen to us. We're already getting cool rp related and combat related features like child education, hall fights, prison breaks, raiding etc. So i hope they continue like this and add more requested features like feasts. They cant be that ignorant to think community is happy with the current state of the game.

Then taleworlds should be ready to lose their playerbase,
Like Taleworlds give a damn :smile: They are focused on average joe that enjoys playing casual games for a few hours at best.
Taleworlds that made Warband and this Taleworlds have nothing in common in terms of future goals.

hall fights, prison breaks
Yeah this is the problem. These are not "feature". You can't make a car then announce that you will make a better car and then after 10 years expect people to clap with tears because you managed to add 4 wheels. People would say "What the hell, how come this is a step forward?"
But for some strange reason - there are some clappers in the forum who are crying in tears (not you) because Taleworlds is planning to add thing they added 10 years ago.

Like Taleworlds give a damn :smile: They are focused on average joe that enjoys playing casual games for a few hours at best.
Taleworlds that made Warband and this Taleworlds have nothing in common in terms of future goals.

Yeah this is the problem. These are not "feature". You can't make a car then announce that you will make a better car and then after 10 years expect people to clap with tears because you managed to add 4 wheels. People would say "What the hell, how come this is a step forward?"
But for some strange reason - there are some clappers in the forum who are crying in tears (not you) because Taleworlds is planning to add thing they added 10 years ago.
Well at least right step in the right direction? We didnt even know warband features were going to be added. I remember when i first realized there were no feasts in bannerlord, it was a "How the ***k" moment for me.

We are the users of this product and if they really started this EA thing for suggestions and fixing the game before all the games unfinished aspects were added. Then they need to listen to us.

This is why I and so many other people got frustrated with defenders of this game saying "it's early access, it will change" despite buying at full price. The mythical "full release" will never happen, at least not in the bombastic and finalising way so many people expect. They have your money and have no real reason to listen to criticism anymore, because for the most part redditors and other normies are either fine with the state of the game or have forgotten. Game companies have got away with far worse in the past. The effect of bad PR on sales is practically minimal.

Did you know Derthert wants to bring equality to the peasants to **** over the nobility because he thinks they're a bag of dicks?
Oddly one of my main takes was how cool this idea was and what a shame it will never get put into the game in a meaningful way. Would be so funny to see him just going New Model Army on his feckless belligerent Lords : )

This is why I and so many other people got frustrated with defenders of this game saying "it's early access, it will change" despite buying at full price. The mythical "full release" will never happen, at least not in the bombastic and finalising way so many people expect. They have your money and have no real reason to listen to criticism anymore, because for the most part redditors and other normies are either fine with the state of the game or have forgotten. Game companies have got away with far worse in the past. The effect of bad PR on sales is practically minimal.
It wont be a problem for me if they release the game 1,2 (even 3) years later. I just want them to listen to the community and do what we want. And i can see a lot of people worried that they got the money from the current EA state and have no reason to add more to the EA. My only hope towards this wont happen is; this is not a good bussines model, if they did this to their current game then they will not get those "Biggest release of 2020" numbers again in their next and lose their playerbase sure but do they care about the current player base? I dont know.

It wont be a problem for me if they release the game 1,2 (even 3) years later. I just want them to listen to the community and do what we want. And i can see a lot of people worried that they got the money from the current EA state and have no reason to add more to the EA. My only hope towards this wont happen is; this is not a good bussines model, if they did this to their current game then they will not get those "Biggest release of 2020" numbers again in their next and lose their playerbase sure but do they care about the current player base? I dont know.

It's naive to assume that bad releases and poor PR equal poor sales. What sells games isn't goodwill or quality, it's Hype, and because most people in capitalist societies are dead inside, they buy literally anything they think will be fun even if it comes from a company with a poor track record, or it's insanely overambitious or whatever. Bethesda hasn't made a good game since the Bush era but they still have a fanbase of crazy people who buy their games over and over again.

I genuinely can't think of any game that sold poorly solely due to a controversy in the "previous" game.

Didnt we saw what happened to Cyberpunk 2077. I dont think this is that relevant to the current game industry that much and it definitely wont be after cyberpunk 2077.

I would be genuinely surprised if the debacle of 2077 means that their next game will sell poorly. If they can get the hype train going (which is relatively easy with a big marketing budget and lots of promises) then no amount of negative press will stop it. ES fans are still hyped for ES 6, despite the hilarious mess that was Fallout 76, probably the worst PR disaster in modern history.

Well at least right step in the right direction?
They are not adding Warband features for the sake of right direction. They adding because its easier for them to announce the things they were anyway going to do as "feature" so that average users will be like "Oh this update will be great". But what's actually happening ( which can also be seen in OP) they are slowly killing the initial game design and features.

Look at this,
  • Friendly Fire adjustments for Horses
Adding this as a bulletpoint on your "priority list" is just pathetic. It's not a PR disaster. It's simply sad. And I'm not even going to talk about that half of those points are taken from 4 months old goals. This is extremely easy to tweak and it's not even a feature or fix to mention. I wouldn't mention that in my daily standups if I was working in TW- I would just do that ****. Because it takes 1 hour at most. Next thing you will see is "- We will continue breathing air" type of priority points.

I never said that before but I think I will say it now, something is seriously messed up in Taleworlds right now. Either devs are really bad or management have no idea what they are doing. By management, I'm talking about leads and such. Not upper management. Because we all know that upper management is already out of reach and swimming in their imaginary fame-pool.

It's naive to assume that bad releases and poor PR equal poor sales. What sells games isn't goodwill or quality, it's Hype, and because most people in capitalist societies are dead inside, they buy literally anything they think will be fun even if it comes from a company with a poor track record, or it's insanely overambitious or whatever. Bethesda hasn't made a good game since the Bush era but they still have a fanbase of crazy people who buy their games over and over again.

I genuinely can't think of any game that sold poorly solely due to a controversy in the "previous" game.
Assasin's creed syndicate is one. Nobody gave a ***k about a new assasin's creed game after unity and it affected the sales really bad

Last edited:
I think they had a much more ambitious vision for Bannerlord but at some point for reasons unknown to us decided to scrap those and simplify the game's features.

Maybe Armagan had a change at heart and thought the game was getting too bloated with all these cool features and needed to be a "cleaner" canvas, maybe they were stuck in dev hell and decided to cut corners so the game would see the light of day before our grandchildren's time who knows?

Hope modders can eventually restore all these cool things and/or add their own to the game

There are certainly going to be some things I wish I could have in game end up gone for good. I kind of wish I hadn't read the list because it reads like developer's rationalised broken hopes. They probably did have greater ambition than they could realise.

But every major project I have ever worked on starts with a broad scope and gets whittled down over the production timeline. Some wonderful ideas always end up on the cutting room floor for an uncountable number of reasons. Usually it ends up being a tension between wanting the best possible most amazing thing vs the time it takes to create vs the expected potential return on investment. But there's also always tension between differing visions within staff. I'm glad my work is not done in view of the public and I'm usually judged on what I produce rather than the failed branches I explore along the way.

They are not adding Warband features for the sake of right direction. They adding because its easier for them to announce the things they were anyway going to do as "feature" so that average users will be like "Oh this update will be great". But what's actually happening ( which can also be seen in OP) they are slowly killing the initial game design and features.

Look at this,

Adding this as a bulletpoint on your "priority list" is just pathetic. It's not a PR disaster. It's simply sad. And I'm not even going to talk about that half of those points are taken from 4 months old goals. This is extremely easy to tweak and it's not even a feature or fix to mention. I wouldn't mention that in my daily standups if I was working in TW- I would just do that ****. Because it takes 1 hour at most. Next thing you will see is "- We will continue breathing air" type of priority points.

I never said that before but I think I will say it now, something is seriously messed up in Taleworlds right now. Either devs are really bad or management have no idea what they are doing. By management, I'm talking about leads and such. Not upper management. Because we all know that upper management is already out of reach and swimming in their imaginary fame-pool.
The most serious problem and the one presumably concerning us about Talewords is lack of communication. Why would you not state the features you will implement in the future? Like what is the downside? Is it changing a almosty finished mechanic from its core mechanics? I dont know but i hope they will stop being stubborn.

The most serious problem and the one presumably concerning us about Talewords is lack of communication. Why would you not state the features you will implement in the future? Like what is the downside? Is it changing a almosty finished mechanic from its core mechanics? I dont know but i hope they will stop being stubborn.
Businesses scale back announced expected features so that it is harder to hold them to account if they can't deliver them. They should only announce features that are absolutely locked in, not those that are hoped for or uncertain.

It's standard practice in PR.

Just tell us every feature you're going to implement instead of posting one video every month about new features coming in the next 2 patches or so. Is this Minecraft? are you planning to make full time early acces game Taleworlds?

Why would you not state the features you will implement in the future? Like what is the downside?
Oh, that's the hilarious part. They are saying that "We don't want to give false hopes to our community" for future features that they are still planning to implement but didn't start it and since they can change it later on, they are choosing not to mention them. Although that's also really baseless claim since this is exactly what they with several features. And we still have bunch of `ghost` features that were supposed to be in the game, but no one knows where they are and what will happen to them.
I dont know but i hope they will stop being stubborn.
It's not being stubborn. They. simply. don't. care. Try to get used to this - otherwise, you will just get sad or mad.

Back
Top Bottom