Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok... I guess...
giphy.gif
My hype has moved from the potential of TW's native version to this:
That made me thinking, perhaps that could change with @HalfMetalJacket @Terco_Viejo and myself potentially merging some of our mods together into 1 single module some time in the future. Troops, combat, camera, collision capsules, freehand shields, uniform colors, banners and colored settlement names, all reworked in a lite Native+ manner ?
No pressure :grin:

Game Difficulty Tweaks
  • Ironman Mode
I really want this but I feel it needs about 20 other improvement to play the game seriously. Armor/damage calc needs to be improved (for more defense), medicine needs to level fast, troops need to start at back of the map or be pre-placed by player, Infantry must hold up shields (no bobbing), Ranged must shoot at HA and Cav at same distance it does foot units, high tier units need to actually be better then lower tier, siege maps need refill barrels always and on both sides.......

My hype has moved from the potential of TW's native version to this:

No pressure :grin:
There are so many things that are lacking :iamamoron: ... As you know, I've released small tweaks which are available on nexus; but I'm definitely going to wait for the release of both the game and the tools (the latest update has brought hell to the sceners) and see what state of "fun" the game will be in then...:roll:?

Thanks for the update and as always, we appreciate the communication.

That said, the one thing the entire community is really needing clarification on is the EA timeline. Are we close to the finish line as the initial time line would suggest? Or are we looking at a longer EA in order to finish feature implementation and address current issues in the game.

I'm sure this communication is coming, I just want to say that it can't come soon enough now that we are approaching the 1 year anniversary of EA.

The second statement released approximately 4 months ago. Half of this statement is an exact copy of that one. And assuming that this will also take another 4 months.. all I can say is, this is disappointing.
99% of them are "fix" anyway - so drop them and you will have 1 or 2 so-to-speak feature that they are planning to add. And they sound shallow even with their vague statements.
And man..
  • Friendly Fire adjustments for Horses
This is something they can tweak in, idk, 1 hour including testing? Why this even has it's own bullet?

And we still have no banners. Hilarious.

The second statement released approximately 4 months ago. Half of this statement is an exact copy of that one. And assuming that this will also take another 4 months.. all I can say is, this is disappointing.
99% of them are "fix" anyway - so drop them and you will have 1 or 2 so-to-speak feature that they are planning to add. And they sound shallow even with their vague statements.
And man..

This is something they can tweak in, idk, 1 hour including testing? Why this even has it's own bullet?

And we still have no banners. Hilarious.
Hmm you just made me realize maybe (HOPEFULLY) we are much further from release then we are all thinking. There is no way they release without banners, unless they scrapped the feature they discussed during gamescon.

Thanks for the update and as always, we appreciate the communication.

That said, the one thing the entire community is really needing clarification on is the EA timeline. Are we close to the finish line as the initial time line would suggest? Or are we looking at a longer EA in order to finish feature implementation and address current issues in the game.

I'm sure this communication is coming, I just want to say that it can't come soon enough now that we are approaching the 1 year anniversary of EA.
This now seems ever more important

Five stages of grief

1- Denial
2- Anger
3- Bargaining-Please TW let us have our banners, you can worry about the mechanics after. Just let us have our banners.
4- Depression
5- Acceptance

They haven't done official release dates, timelines or anything similar for years at this point.
Yeah I don't really expect that out of them, but at least a notice of EA being extended past their original estimate.
Five stages of grief

1- Denial
2- Anger
3- Bargaining-Please TW let us have our banners, you can worry about the mechanics after. Just let us have our banners.
4- Depression
5- Acceptance
I'm at stage 5 after no response from mr "decision maker"

Great this is what I was hoping for! A follow up question: Will the previous kingdom still exist if there are other clans in it? (I expect it to be destroyed if only the player is in it and leaves)
That seems likely to me, but features are subject to change as they are developed.

can we have more information on what's this about? :grin:
At the moment the focus is on the single save file, but other aspects are being discussed as well. Personally, I feel that a lot of those could just be separate difficulty options, though.

That seems likely to me, but features are subject to change as they are developed.

At the moment the focus is on the single save file, but other aspects are being discussed as well. Personally, I feel that a lot of those could just be separate difficulty options, though.
Thanks for the info Duh, much appreciated. (y)

What about bringing us that "One Step Ahead" Tactics perk that has dissapear?
Yeah, pre-battle Placement is a make or leave broken feature. Where we start start on the map is just not okay at all and we need control over it. I don't think TW seem to even understand what is wrong with their default placement and formation ideas.

Yeah, pre-battle Placement is a make or leave broken feature. Where we start start on the map is just not okay at all and we need control over it. I don't think TW seem to even understand what is wrong with their default placement and formation ideas.
I would be happy to forward any well composed feedback you may have in mind to the relevant people. We do have some more things in mind for deployment, but I would rather see the development take a bit more shape before sharing too much on that. The general topic falls under "Order of Battle" which is part of our current priorities.

They actually said banners were low priority the last time it came up.
I can't speak for others, but I have always maintained that they are pending another related feature. For instance, here (which I believe @khuzait haircut is referring to)

Rest assured, banners and sandbox mode are both much higher priority than the bug you reported. Banners, however, are pending a more complex feature.

On that note - you may want to reexamine the OP. It does include the sandbox mode :smile:
Yeah... whats up with no sandbox or banners? I thought you said the were priority now?

I'm at stage 5 after no response from mr "decision maker"
I'm more like in stage 6.
Stage 6: If this is a close-to-release update, then farewell Mount&Blade. We had a good run.

Also leaving this to here ( right bubble was to long that I had to write other suggestions from community )
tmsP7S.jpg

Uh, super new to the forums so i'm unsure if this is really the place to ask but i've been curious for a little while now. When crafting gets reworked or updated is there any plans now or in the future to craft Ranged weapons or Armor? I've been basically buying as many wood workshops as possible to get a good selection of ranged weapons toward the mid game but I have only seen the Noble Long Bow once (without marrying and taking my wives)

When crafting gets reworked or updated is there any plans now or in the future to craft Ranged weapons or Armor? I've been basically buying as many wood workshops as possible to get a good selection of ranged weapons toward the mid game but I have only seen the Noble Long Bow once (without marrying and taking my wives)
Currently, that is not planned. Part of the challenge is that f.e. the armors in the game are a single piece whereas crafting requires individual pieces that can be mixed and matched.

I would be happy to forward any well composed feedback you may have in mind to the relevant people
  1. The starting location of the party is not far enough away from the enemies.
  2. Enemy Horse archers close in before you can re-position or re-format
  3. Many troops take far too long to move around and get in formation.
  4. Large ranged formations are too thick/deep, they need to bet a wide shallow line to be effective. This was possible in 1.5.7 by using formation 2 but not in 1.5.8
  5. Formations lose orientation (Infantry in front of archers exct)when moved to a position, a "advance 10 paces" command could help this.
  6. Stationary ranged troops, especially Horse archers, wiggle around too much or take too long positioning before they shoot at enemies.
  7. Getting troops into position/formation requires so many button presses/time that being able to arrange, save and select our default arrangement before battle would be a great improvement. I'm not asking for it to be dummed down though, I don't want less options, ever.
  8. Troops should not move through enemy formations when told to "move to position".

Related, there's a bug that ranged units mostly ignore mounted enemies until they are very close, or otherwise are much slower to fire on them compared to firing on unmounted units. It has been a problem for several versions now and it is unclear if it is a bug or intentional design. This problem greatly intensifies the frustration of not being able to arrange troops in time before horse archers reach them and sometime normal Cavalry as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom