Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Warriors of Calradia,
Welcome back for a new update on what we have planned for the upcoming months. First and foremost, we are working on the stability of our game servers. We are aware of the current issues and we already fixed some of the problems. Fixing the server issues is our top priority. We have many new features almost completed and ready to be experienced by you all:
  • In-game Voice Chat is in the final testing stage and will be going live very soon.
  • Duel Mode is in the final polishing stage and will be going live very soon.
  • Observer Mode is in the final testing stage and will be going live very soon.
  • Sound Occlusion is nearly done and will be featured on the next beta.
  • Many MP HUD and Lobby UI improvements have been finished.
  • Improvements on the Reporting Tools have been finished, including Kick Player and Mute All functions.
  • First part of the Level Progression system is nearly done, it will, later on, tie in with the Customization System.
  • Lots of new badges have been added.
  • Work on new Siege maps is almost complete and work is in progress on new Skirmish maps.
  • Fixes and Improvements on current maps are being made.
  • Improvements to Matchmaking Experience.

We are also working non-stop on improving and balancing the game following player feedback. We have been sending more frequent balance patches straight to live servers as promised and more will follow.
Current issues we are working on that are in various stages of development:

Combat
  • Knockdown/Get up and Dismount/Get up animation improvements
  • Certain swing related inconsistencies
  • Adding recovery delay to missed kicks
  • Crossbows being too accurate and too effective in close range.
Skirmish Mode
  • Cavalry being too impactful
  • Infantry being less impactful
Captain Mode
  • Separation of some Perks and some Troop Stats for Captain Mode
  • Ranged AI not being effective enough
  • Cavalry AI not being effective enough
  • AI abuses by player Captains
Siege and TDM
  • Increasing the cost of Cavalry units.
Other features that are in progress and are expected to arrive further down the road:
  • Customization System which allows the players to unlock new pieces of armor by playing and customize their characters.
  • Ranked Mode with Ranked Matches and player skill ranks.
  • Battle Mode. A single-life per round game mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other features that are in progress and are expected to arrive further down the road:
  • Battle Mode. A single life per round game mode.
The most important thing at the very end, as some poor scrap. TW you have a problem with priorities.

This is great news, I hope there are new server solutions coming soon. At the same time, most of the things posted here work properly in mod tools such as in-game voice chat. Many players think negatively about Multiplayer but I think these works will be better.

can't wait for voice chat, but is it going to be just for competitive modes like captain and skirmish? or are they're going to also be adding proximity voice chat in sieges and TDM?

@Klebari
Two points i want to adress :

- Cav/Infantry balancing, in competitive cavalry as it is now is mostly killed by projectiles and i think that shouldnt be the case to be honest, i dont have a solution, but its just frustrating to get only killed by ranged.

- Observer mode, its missing in this statement, is it scrapped or just forgotten ?

- Cav/Infantry balancing, in competitive cavalry as it is now is mostly killed by projectiles and i think that shouldnt be the case to be honest, i dont have a solution, but its just frustrating to get only killed by ranged.
Why shouldn't you be? You have full control over engaging in melee so inf can never be the true counter, they can only defend and zone vs you. So that leaves cav and ranged.

Why shouldn't you be? You have full control over engaging in melee so inf can never be the true counter, they can only defend and zone vs you. So that leaves cav and ranged.
Because from scrims i see spears beeing discarded completely, because they are so useless, why that is the case i dont know maybe infantry(especially heavy) needs more movement speed. The recent nerf to horses already made horses paperlike to ranged,and for melee attack it didnt really change. I´d much rather have melee weapons beeing stronger against cav then ranged doing even more damage, just make it so a reared cav can get their horse butchered quicker, this game is way too much ranged gameplay.

Because from scrims i see spears beeing discarded completely, because they are so useless, why that is the case i dont know maybe infantry(especially heavy) needs more movement speed. The recent nerf to horses already made horses paperlike to ranged,and for melee attack it didnt really change. I´d much rather have melee weapons beeing stronger against cav then ranged doing even more damage, just make it so a reared cav can get their horse butchered quicker, this game is way too much ranged gameplay.
Spears should probably rear up slightly more reliably but they are very good including in groupfight. Anyone discarding them is just tilted.

Horses take like 4 shots minimum to get downed unless hit head on full speed. I don't think they are too weak at all, a brief look at recent comp stats shows this.

I fear the problem is more related with the maneuverability of cav rather than melee damage they recieve, if cav doesn't want to be hit by a spear they can try outmaneuvering them by quickly tapping S and turning at perpendicular angle, then tapping W to escape after hitting the enemy

Spears should probably rear up slightly more reliably but they are very good including in groupfight. Anyone discarding them is just tilted.

Horses take like 4 shots minimum to get downed unless hit head on full speed. I don't think they are too weak at all, a brief look at recent comp stats shows this.
Why try rearing somebody when you can oneshot a horse with every throwing except a rock ? Also you get over a 100 damage when beeing shot in the horses neck when riding away...

@XDaron
Yes that might be the case, i mean this a something that can be tinkered with also accelation might be too high, just fearing that the game evolves into more ranged then it already is.

@AVRC
I like very soon :grin:

Last edited:
Why try rearing somebody when you can oneshot a horse with every throwing except a rock ? Also you get over a 100 damage when beeing shot in the horses neck when riding away...
Because rearing is a guaranteed stop whilst a jav may not dismount and can get you killed or your teammate killed because you chose damage over stopping the cav.

Light cav take 100 damage sometimes from archers sure, but that's still not a dismount and careful play can keep you mounted for a long time after.

Any plans to implement cheering in MP anytime soon? Been waiting for it for quite a while now and it isn't even mentioned anywhere in any plans, it shouldn't be difficult either considering you already have the code and animations from SP. Any form of player to player interaction that isn't combat would be greatly appreciated by casual players that like to **** around, such as myself.

Any plans for showing total damage dealt in the scoreboard?
Great idea, but to be more precise it should score only the damage that took the enemy hitpoints.
In that case, if a horseman hits an archer for 300+ damage, his score would not be increased by 300 but 100 (archer hitpoints taken).

Back
Top Bottom