Bug or just dumb AI?

Users who are viewing this thread

So I have a Kingdom and I am in 4 wars that I am winning, and I am unable to peace out with anyone with the support of my clands, rather they actually have declared war on the last few ones.

Now I get declared by Battannia, so it's 5 against 1, and still no one wants to peace out?!
I could receive 8600 denars per day in tribute, whereas 5110 are from Khuzait alone, if I peaced out, and it would let my armies focus on a single opponent and let the eastern cities catch a breath and to catch up, but no.

I have been in almost non-stop war since I declared my Kingdom, and it is really freaking annoying because you are unable to do anything else during war time. If I let my AI clans fight the war alone, they just mess things up.

EDIT:
I just got declared on by Vlandia as well, and now I was able to peace out with Khuzait and Sturgia.

055ABCFE8C94FC2FD8E399956DC98722ABEED26E

D31E98EDEA3FE4514EFA56D52904A32D9E04C9C6

94B11A6ED8F77068CE5AE8857B7EBA23E78105E9

DFE854537C34037F28ECD4DCEA042885A2C9F4AD

7359401F0C5CEFD7E788655E8AFF174D7C64D7F6

8D92361D276BD39F08A7AD7ACC4B4C83979AAF68

FF64ABC50F914C889ABCA259E8CD8412BC72F6B6

Last edited:
Makes sense to me, with your kingdom being 14000 strength and the combined strength of those 5 factions only being 13000 strength why would your lords want peace when you are stronger? Clearly once vlandia has declared that combined strength would match or surpass yours, making your lords want peace to even it back out.

Also doesn’t help that the AI is incapable of making peace with you, forcing you to always make peace which of course is disadvantages for the player (whoever makes peace gets the ****tier deal)

thats why i never go into creating my own kingdom. because of these dogs who will fight u 6 vs 1, because of stupid friendly clans who decline peace propose, because of stupid companion parties who never defending my villages and always suck cock every battle they got invade into

Makes sense to me, with your kingdom being 14000 strength and the combined strength of those 5 factions only being 13000 strength why would your lords want peace when you are stronger? Clearly once vlandia has declared that combined strength would match or surpass yours, making your lords want peace to even it back out.

Also doesn’t help that the AI is incapable of making peace with you, forcing you to always make peace which of course is disadvantages for the player (whoever makes peace gets the ****tier deal)
I suppose, but the issue when having such a large faction and being surrounded is that there is no way to defend in a good way, there is simply too many attacking armies, so even if I have more troops in parties, if I don't have enough armies, then I can't defend.

And it is retarded for the AI to suggest declaring more wars when you are already in 2+ wars.

I have heard that this issue has been going on for awhile now and they are working on it. I have seen this in previous posts in tech frums

I suppose, but the issue when having such a large faction and being surrounded is that there is no way to defend in a good way, there is simply too many attacking armies, so even if I have more troops in parties, if I don't have enough armies, then I can't defend.

And it is retarded for the AI to suggest declaring more wars when you are already in 2+ wars.
More power more problems, but yeah doesn’t help being the empire completely surrounded.

They’ve discussed putting in a way to sway lords opinions on votes, so I assume at some point we’ll be able to convince lords to vote a certain way and you’ll be as able to achieve peace easier.

Hopefully they introduce the AI kingdoms asking for peace because you can just destroy those factions without them ever asking you to stop.

I was in wars with 5 clans, and slowly losing due to not being able to field as many armies as my opponents, even though my power rating was highers than theirs combined.

My stupid vassals declare war on Khuzait, great now its 6v1.
The remaining 2 factions declare war on me.

8v1, and 0% support to peace out a single faction.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

@Stromming when he became the snowball :lol:

giphy.gif

I think your next move is to take loses on a few fronts and focus your efforts on destroying one of the factions (until we get more politic options and AI asking for peace like I mentioned above). Sadly there is no chilling as the major faction.

@Stromming when he became the snowball :lol:

I think your next move is to take loses on a few fronts and focus your efforts on destroying one of the factions (until we get more politic options and AI asking for peace like I mentioned above). Sadly there is no chilling as the major faction.
The probably is that the game forces you if you want to do main quest.

> Take over two thirds of the empire settlements or this conspiracy will trigger
> I hurry to take over the settlements
> 3 factions declare war on me instantly
> conspiracy events are still going on even though the tracker in journal is gone
> watch as all your hard work is made into nothing

The probably is that the game forces you if you want to do main quest.

> Take over two thirds of the empire settlements or this conspiracy will trigger
> I hurry to take over the settlements
> 3 factions declare war on me instantly
> conspiracy events are still going on even though the tracker in journal is gone
> watch as all your hard work is made into nothing
Ah so this is the main quest doing this too you. To be honest I've avoided the main quest after my first playthrough, due to how buggy it was.

Could this be a bug? Might be worth reporting in the tech section

So I have a Kingdom and I am in 4 wars that I am winning, and I am unable to peace out with anyone with the support of my clands, rather they actually have declared war on the last few ones.

Now I get declared by Battannia, so it's 5 against 1, and still no one wants to peace out?!
I could receive 8600 denars per day in tribute, whereas 5110 are from Khuzait alone, if I peaced out, and it would let my armies focus on a single opponent and let the eastern cities catch a breath and to catch up, but no.

I have been in almost non-stop war since I declared my Kingdom, and it is really freaking annoying because you are unable to do anything else during war time. If I let my AI clans fight the war alone, they just mess things up.

EDIT:
I just got declared on by Vlandia as well, and now I was able to peace out with Khuzait and Sturgia.

055ABCFE8C94FC2FD8E399956DC98722ABEED26E

D31E98EDEA3FE4514EFA56D52904A32D9E04C9C6

94B11A6ED8F77068CE5AE8857B7EBA23E78105E9

DFE854537C34037F28ECD4DCEA042885A2C9F4AD

7359401F0C5CEFD7E788655E8AFF174D7C64D7F6

8D92361D276BD39F08A7AD7ACC4B4C83979AAF68

FF64ABC50F914C889ABCA259E8CD8412BC72F6B6
how do u get so many lords to gather their own armies? I never have more than 1-2, and i have about 9-12 clans in my kingdom... total strength about ~10k.

Also, as a king, I am able to override decisions at the cost of influence. Cant you do the same?

I think the most amount of armies I have had is 5, but its very unusual.
Mostly its 2-3 armies.

And even though my enemies have weaker kingdoms, they each field 1-3 armies each... doesn't take a lot to get outnumbered, especially not if you have enemies on all sides of your kingdom and it takes forever to go anywhere.

I uploaded a save file today at 00:14 Turkish time.
"save_015.sav" - 36 004 KB

8 wars and no one in my faction wants to make peace with anyone even though we are losing.
Can you help to check AI logic @mexxico ? Or maybe poke someone that should deal with it? Because it is unplayable as a big kingdom.

Also, excuse the big and laggy save file. I get 4-6 fps on average on campaign map due to hundreds/thousands of steppe bandits.

Last edited:
I uploaded a save file today at 00:14 Tukish time.
"save_015.sav" - 36 004 KB

8 wars and no one in my faction wants to make peace with anyone even though we are losing.
Can you help to check AI logic @mexxico ? Or maybe poke someone that should deal with it? Because it is unplayable as a big kingdom.

Also, excuse the big and laggy save file. I get 4-6 fps on average on campaign map due to hundreds/thousands of steppe bandits.
Ok thank you. I will examine.

Back
Top Bottom