Big issue with AI in Campaign Map

Users who are viewing this thread

Revverie

When I'm roaming around with 50 men as a mercenary, and I find a 100 men enemy army, next to a 200 ally army, I start chasing the enemy but the genius 200 ally army decides to stop following me allowing the enemy to absolutely destroy me. This would be better represented with a picture but I'm pretty sure every single one of you have experienced this crap before, and it's the most enfuriating thing about this game rn in my opinion. Sometimes it's even worse because if I'm chased by let's say 2 lords with 80 lords each, and an ally of 300 it's RIGHT THERE I just don't get aid, they don't go back to help me, they just do their **** as if I didn't exist at all. Please, fix this stupidity because it's annoying and the game pace would change a lot.

Another issue: Eternal chases. This is probably the worst too:
When I chase an enemy and they just get into my factions territory, they literally run next to OUR towns freely while they escape from me. How stupid is that? Why doesn't a small militia recognizes I'm chasing this person and gets out to stop them? That would simplify EVERYTHING and would improve the gameplay also making difficult for you because you can no longer enter a Faction territory as if it was free real estate, please consider making changes to the AI in the map because it's an annoyance having to take account that you can't count on the AI to do its job at all

When I'm roaming around with 50 men as a mercenary, and I find a 100 men enemy army, next to a 200 ally army, I start chasing the enemy but the genius 200 ally army decides to stop following me allowing the enemy to absolutely destroy me. This would be better represented with a picture but I'm pretty sure every single one of you have experienced this crap before, and it's the most enfuriating thing about this game rn in my opinion. Sometimes it's even worse because if I'm chased by let's say 2 lords with 80 lords each, and an ally of 300 it's RIGHT THERE I just don't get aid, they don't go back to help me, they just do their **** as if I didn't exist at all. Please, fix this stupidity because it's annoying and the game pace would change a lot.

Do you have a save file for this situation? If you have you can send [email protected]

I cannot do anything for second paragraph. Militia and garrison do not go out of settlement except sally out.

If you're having issues chasing someone down, a good tactic I've been using is to have a companion temporarily start a new party with some cavalry/a small fast unit. so that they can quickly engage the enemy while I catch up.

Do you have a save file for this situation? If you have you can send [email protected]

I cannot do anything for second paragraph. Militia and garrison do not go out of settlement except sally out.
I will capture a video when I get home and I'll also send you a save file if I encounter that situation, but this is almost an issue I have since always, even sometimes in Warband with the AI. The armies simply don't help each others, or don't do tactics to catch an enemy. An example: A 70 ally army is running away from a 150 army, me, in a 300 army start to chase the 150 one and the 70 one instead of stopping and engaging the army simply runs away instead. I know it may be confusing to read but I'll get footage.

The second part is a suggestion actually, armies shouldn't be able to roam around a Faction next to towns or castles as if they wouldn't be able to help at all.

But what if the player is an ******* and you leave the militia that sallied out get slaughtered.
They need to know you are committed to chasing a lord down before they commit.

But what if the player is an ******* and you leave the militia that sallied out get slaughtered.
They need to know you are committed to chasing a lord down before they commit.
There could be something like a pop up window:

"Dou you want the militia to sally out?" "Y/N"

It sounds like a good idea in my opinion so it won´t happen at all :grin:

Another issue: Eternal chases. This is probably the worst too:
When I chase an enemy and they just get into my factions territory, they literally run next to OUR towns freely while they escape from me. How stupid is that? Why doesn't a small militia recognizes I'm chasing this person and gets out to stop them? That would simplify EVERYTHING and would improve the gameplay also making difficult for you because you can no longer enter a Faction territory as if it was free real estate, please consider making changes to the AI in the map because it's an annoyance having to take account that you can't count on the AI to do its job at all
i dont see u suffer enof

There could be something like a pop up window:

"Dou you want the militia to sally out?" "Y/N"

It sounds like a good idea in my opinion so it won´t happen at all :grin:
Popups are annoying, maybe a more elegant solution can be found.
According to Taleworlds design guidelines, the player is a moron who can't be trusted with non-trivial decisions and it's best if everything around him happens automatically. In this case, this means militia will only sally out if they trust you, judged by your past behavior. If your Assholeness rating is too high, because you let their friends die too often, they won't risk their necks for you and there will be a dialog above the town saying "Hell no, we won't go".

Back
Top Bottom