This needs to stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerlord Multiplayer has been subject to tons of criticism since release. The state of the multiplayer side of this game is down the drain and we've been losing fellow players since release and it keeps going down. All in all, i'm sorta "okay" with the fact that Taleworlds MP devs are working with players in order to balance the classes.

Right now is not the time to balance classes, this needs to stop. Class balance is the least of the problems Bannerlord multiplayer has.

Everytime something gets balanced, something else that nobody asked for gets broken. Its been going up and down like that since release, and by no mean does the game feel more balanced at this very moment. If anything, the game feels less balanced than it was at first. Taleworlds, you want to stick with the Class system for native, fine, i'm going to accept it. But what i have a hard time accepting is all the energy you are spending balancing it when there are bigger issues around there.

Taleworlds priority should be prioritizing the following 4 points :
1-Getting a server provider that can actually provide quality servers in every zones (central NA)
2-Working towards the release of custom servers as soon as possible with full modding capacity.
3-Making sure point 2 is completed.
4-Completing points 2 and 3.

Once these objectives are filled, please, by all means, work on the balancing of the class system and work on the competitive native scene that you want to achieve with cosmetics and everything. I am 100% behind you and dont get me wrong, i've played 95% of my hundreds of Warband hour in native Warband (US GK Siege FTW). If native Bannerlord releases a amazing cosmetic system linked to the leveling system, my hours in game will start rocketing because there will now be a meaning to our games other than just "swinging swords" and "trying to win". I truly believe that Captain mode, when done right, will be your bread and butter for the competitive scene. I will wait and see your Battle iteration before i judge if Native PVP has competitive scene potential.

This post is not made to discredit your goals and ideas, but more about what to prioritize and, right now, there is a BIG issue with what is being prioritized.

Working on non important MP issues needs to stop...

There are still people thinking Taleworlds would release mod tools and server files simply if they stopped releasing balance changes xD

Agree with OP, we're coming to almost a year since early access and the multiplayer has barely changed. This has nothing to do with "its EA game", i am talking about the general pace of content for the multiplayer. The singleplayer is going forward, but the multiplayer has barely advanced in terms of actual content and has been stuck in this endless loop of balancing the game

I totally agree with you, balancing the class system should be the last thing they should be doing just to polish the MP experience, but right now why are they taking literal years just changing values? we need custom servers and game modes.

copy pasting my response from another thread

At this point, the health of the game would be improved faster by focusing more on issues that improve the casual experience rather than competitive balance. The games population is in such a critical state that getting basic TDM and custom server QOL improvements would go way farther than increasing or decreasing the price of a random unit in skirmish.

You see more balance suggestions than other things on the forum because the only people left even playing the game are competitive players. We are going to talk about what we know because it is where we can contribute most and give the best input. We shouldnt have to ask for basic QoL improvements because (one would hope) the consensus is that Taleworlds is smart enough to bring about these changes anyway, not to mention everyone has already said they are needed and if Taleworlds has been paying any attention at all they should be on the way.

Originally, the balance and combat changes were very important because the games combat was so bad that the lack of a decent casual experience didn't even matter. Having a decent UI and a functional TDM mode on functional servers wouldnt do anything for the health of the game when inexcusable mechanics like block delay were making basic combat unplayable. Now that those issues are mostly fixed, actual improvements to the multiplayer gameplay loop can start to happen.

I had this giant effortpost halfway typed up about how making improvements to the TDM spawn and Gold system, keeping servers permanent rather than booting players after every round, and introducing new things that actually make the average person want to play multiplayer are now more important than they were 3 months ago. I gave up and typed this instead.

We are at the point where Im questioning if anyone with the access or knowledge to change how servers work is even working on multiplayer or a part of the multiplayer team. If there was someone with the ability to make changes, youd have to figure that TDM would have had a spawn rework months ago. Id really like to think that having a set server that rotates maps rather than creating an entirely new server for every round is not THAT difficult. I mean the Warband team was able to create such a server system with 1/5th the manpower and 1/10th the resources. Im optimistic that such a system not being created yet is due to different multiplayer priorities rather than the developers literally not being able to figure out how to do it. If its the latter the future of the game is in very big trouble.

TL:grin:R Version
At this point, the health of the game would be improved faster by focusing more on issues that improve the casual experience rather than competitive balance.

Originally, the balance and combat changes were very important because the games combat was so bad that the lack of a decent casual experience didn't even matter. Improvements wouldnt do anything for the health of the game when inexcusable mechanics like block delay were making basic combat unplayable.

Id really like to think that having a set server that rotates maps rather than creating an entirely new server for every round is not THAT difficult. I mean the Warband team was able to create such a server system with 1/5th the manpower and 1/10th the resources.

I think there's still a lot of balancing and combat tewaks to be done, but most of them cannot be done just by changing a few item stats and should thus take a good deal longer to implement (hitboxes, chambering, swing arcs etc.).
At this point, the health of the game would be improved faster by focusing more on issues that improve the casual experience rather than competitive balance.
Complete agree #HearTheCasualRoar.

I think especially the skirmish "Quick Play" matchmaking heavily favors large stacks wich is one reason why most casuals run away to TDM and Siege. Captain is not that bad but that seems to be mostly because clans with self esteem seem to avoid it.

Imagine being a newcomer, just starting Multiplayer and klicking the big inviting "Play" button in the middle of your screen. Then the match starts and you are just one of 6 randoms coming up against a stack of 4 or more players all with their badges out and everything. You get completely crushed. Next round same result. If I didn't know TDM and Siege existed I would immediately quit the game never to return.

If we split up stacks then there would be no point of forming a stack.
There is a point in forming stacks even if you are split up: Playing with/against people you know and care about defeating. As long as private servers aren't out that might be the only option to play a round against your friends. Also the only redeemable reason to form a stack is to fight against other stacks and not to crush a lobby of randoms.
Lastly not splitting up stacks is killing an entire gamemode for most of the player base and we cannot expect to see more people coming to skirmish if that isn't adressed.

Last edited:
How about having an old class system form as in Warband? They can also make cosmetics in there, this is not forbidden :smile:
We have the class system that could have way more options of weapons... being limited to Improved armour and shield.. axe maybe mace is so limited...
There are tons of armours helms,, shields , gloves etc) on the singleplayer, gives us the option to choose what we want wear on the multiplayer.. you don't have create something new just add what we already have on the singleplayer... no need to create new cosmetics.
Should not prioritize that. Custom servers and modding tools ASAP please.
This is a must, people have been telling this since release, the moment the modding community gets their hands in the modding tools and custom servers the game will start to improve

Back
Top Bottom