Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

We do that, constantly. We read this forum, we look at the mods downloaded. I'll quote my other comment replying to @Lusitani 5th Empire
No offense, but I´ve never seen a single thread/comment that the sliders for the troop size is bad or something like that. Still you just remove options from us.

I understand, that there are some players who don´t know how PC games work like "more troops on screen, more performance impact" even if that is common sense if this isn´t the first Pc game you ever played.

That was just a bad decision, just make a forum poll and you´ll see it. But instead you listened to the bug reports that are just wrong from people who don´t understand how PC games work in general. Maybe remove the 4k resolution too? I bet there are some people that won´t understand that a higher resolution has an impact on the performance? What about shadows? I mean what´s next?

Of course nobody ever wrote "I love those sliders" because everyone thought that just standard that the game has this slider, like Warband....

No offense, but I´ve never seen a single thread/comment that the sliders for the troop size is bad or something like that. Still you just remove options from us.
And I've explained why slider wasn't working, in what aspects. You might not care about those aspects but we have to.

And from you guys' feedback, I agreed and said adding more divisions between 600 and 1000 is a good idea. This has to be a give and take between developers and users, it cannot be one way, in either direction. We respect your opinions and we expect the same in return.

I have suggested that as well actually.
My bad ? I must have forgot, I'll edit my comment with your suggestion!

What about a system like with the order bar in that people can slect either to use drop down (on by defualt for the people who stuggle with perfomance) or a slider for people who want something like 750 men rather than 800

I have to agree with the overwhelming consenus on this thread. The arguments given by the devs in favor of changing the battle size slider boils down to 'people didn't realize the performance impact' which is a very shaky argument for removing that much customization. Ermozdemir's insistance that simply adding a description to the numbers on the slider 'isn't good enough' leads me to believe this may have been a choice that they were behind, or at least heavily invested in.

Regardless it is clearly not a popular decision and seems a very heavy handed solution to a very minor problem. If players somehow fail to understand that more = more performance impact that is on them. Removing the ability to fine tune this option from everyone else is a poor choice.

There is something wrong. I was playing until yesterday and today steam is trying to reinstall the game. I checked and the file of the game is there in steam files. Any ideas?

This has happened to me a few times. There something not right with how Steam works with this game. Once I found that switching back and forth between branches fixed it, once I "reinstalled" and it seemed to find it, once I actually had to reinstall.

toomany.jpg

Any eta on bandit fix?

Actual Laugh Out Loud.

So let me get this straight:

You remove a useful game option for a lot of players because some players are just too "stupid" (sorry but I can´t think of a better word in this case) to understand that more troops on the screen means less performance?

Why not just add a short explanation like: More troops mean a higher impact on performance

No wonder you don´t want to add some more "complex" gameplay options into the game if your goal is to make the game fool proof?
OMG! I cannot believe what I see in this conversation. To be fair I am struggling to understand the reasoning behind this (even the original post).
So these "players"... which we are referring to, that they had performance issues... what was there hardware configuration?? Did they meet the recommended system requirements listed on steam??? I mean if not I wonder why they are surprised they have performance issues :grin:
Or maybe we cannot tell because nobody knows what they have in that box?

Really, this is getting totally surrealistic :grin:

Just add "extreme" option for those who doesn't have a potato for a PC.

Solved.

Ever thought why this mod has 700 000+ downloads?

Players like tinkering around their game. No need to go into extreme, but some slider for death rate etc. wouldn't be bad.

Again, you guys are living in your own bubble a way too much. Try understanding your players.

And no, once this game is out of EA there wont be a lot of new sales. Most of your customers already are here, there are no hordes of new customers incoming when game is "ready" so adapt to the existing player base not imaginary.

To be fair, that is not necessarily true. I found Warband years after it was released and it is my most-played game on Steam. I could see a significant number of people purchasing the game if there is a big marketing push at release. But, yes, almost all of us who loved Warband are already playing.

And from you guys' feedback, I agreed and said adding more divisions between 600 and 1000 is a good idea. This has to be a give and take between developers and users, it cannot be one way, in either direction. We respect your opinions and we expect the same in return.
while i agree with you, you need to understand some peoples mind

they already had it
you took it away and now promising to give a small fraction back

And I've explained why slider wasn't working, in what aspects. You might not care about those aspects but we have to.

I didn´t mean to be disrespectful and apologize if you feel that way.

I still don´t agree with that decision but of course I´ll accept it.

I just hope you won´t reduce / take away other options in the future because some players don´t understand how PC games work. The slider was in the game since the release and was never an issue for the majority as it seems.

I hope you´re working as hard on fixing the siege AI, I would bet you also got "some" reports related to the siege AI because players don´t understand why the siege AI can´t use siege towers / etc. :wink:

Suddenly after 10 months of Early Access the slider has to go ?
It just makes no sense, except that it's easier to use a drop down menu with a controller.

I believe there is great power in idtems. Each item can be charged with such energy to increase its power. Items are the easiest way to connect your strength with the non-material world, making us stronger. We don't need much to buy items. I'm sure we shouldn't be saving in the game to buy items. Something that helps us so much like buy items that we shouldn't save on it.

Last edited:
New spawns will continue as normal but there will be 100s of bandit around 1 hideout. However they will be cleared in 1-2-3 years and maybe then world can turn to normal. Its up to you you can start new game if you do not want to continue game with not homogenous bandit distribution for 1-2-3 years.

Edit : I rethink and the I am not sure if it return normal in 3 years. I think it is not guaranteed. You should load your game after fix and if you see new bandits are spawning around other empty (have 0 bandits around) infested hideouts then it means it will be ok after several years.
So if they player just goes and kills them all (after hot fix) will it be back to normal? I haven't found them yet in my game.

Veteran Bowman units now use Nordic Shortbow. oh thank Gods, how could they even play any other way!
I see, wasn't aware they were having issues on 1.5.7, but very very aware of serious issues on 1.5.8 :meh:
Yes 1.5.8 is a bit of a train wreck.

Back
Top Bottom