Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

So let me get this straight:

You remove a useful game option for a lot of players because some players are just too "stupid" (sorry but I can´t think of a better word in this case) to understand that more troops on the screen means less performance?

Why not just add a short explanation like: More troops mean a higher impact on performance

No wonder you don´t want to add some more "complex" gameplay options into the game if your goal is to make the game fool proof?
They clearly live in their own bubble and make their own priorities. Who cares about the fanbase.

If they'd care what fans like - they would have emulated most of the most famous mods already (most have source code available). Tons of good content that is working.

But for some reason its more fun to add +10 to some random armor and then -10 over and over again for a year and create new bugs to fix, while creating one new feature and one half baked feature on the way (in a years time lol) wow the speed.

Snowballing fix is not caused by bandits bug. After fix you will see snowballing scores we are calculating at snowballing thread will not effected much.
I know it is not your area of work, but do you know if the team is working on smithing balance or siege battle AI not using siege towers / ladders properly for 1.5.9? These 2 are the biggest problems in my opinion right now

Haven't played in 6 months. DL the newest patch and play game. Game crashes after fighting in Varcheg doing a quest mission. Noticed a loading image for all inventory except food items. Probably going to give game another break.
1.5.7 stable is actually quite enjoyable. A couple of features from 1.5.8 will be nice additions, but if you want to just play something, try 1.5.7.

I know it is not your area of work, but do you know if the team is working on smithing balance or siege battle AI not using siege towers / ladders properly for 1.5.9? These 2 are the biggest problems in my opinion right now
I know there is a work to make item prices more balanced probably it will solve some of smithing issues (cannot guarentee for all because I have limited info about smithing feature, I am not sure changing prices will fix problems completely) after prices are changed you can check latest situation. I have no information about siege battle AI developments. I think 3th big problem is levelling problems as I see at forum. I took screenshot of your threads and posted on office channels with links. I hope there will be progress at also there.

We will continue to examine death rates but currently, this particular aspect is not part of our priorities.
What about implementing death rates to AI fought battles?
It's pretty bad to only have it for players battles with such a high percentage, because it means that eventually you will de-populate your own faction faster than enemy factions, leading them to have a party advantage.

Especially considering there isn't enough peace time and baby-making opportunities (everyone is always in different armies/captured)

We will continue to examine death rates but currently, this particular aspect is not part of our priorities.
I understand it is not but just an idea to generate brainstorming:
Consider apply another background passive to the medical skill that reduces chance of death assuming person is at full health (meaning if they attacked again before rest vulnerable as usual)

As one example
Using formula death chance = 90%.-0.25x (X being surgeon skill) you get
10% save chance at lvl 0
35% save chance at lvl 100
60% save chance at lvl 200
85% save chance at lvl 300
100% at lvl 360...cap it at 350 and that leaves 2.5% chance of death (can't save everyone everytime)

something that gives players a sense of agency to lower the chance of the death would go a long way, even if you buff the base chance of death a bit in the process

There is something wrong. I was playing until yesterday and today steam is trying to reinstall the game. I checked and the file of the game is there in steam files. Any ideas?

toomany.jpg

Any eta on bandit fix?

You remove a useful game option for a lot of players because some players are just too "stupid" (sorry but I can´t think of a better word in this case) to understand that more troops on the screen means less performance?
I suggest that you read my original comment explaining the reasons behind the change. I explained why just adding "More troops mean a higher impact on performance" wouldn't be enough.
No wonder you don´t want to add some more "complex" gameplay options into the game if your goal is to make the game fool proof?
We added many gameplay options to the game, at least 8 afair. Some of them from the UI suggestions, from forum users like you. If you have suggestions on adding more, I would love to hear from you at the UI Suggestions sub-forum.

toomany.jpg

Any eta on bandit fix?
I hope you have a different savefile ...
We found the problem. All bandits at world (except looters) are spawned from just one hideout currently (normally there are 10-20 different infested hideouts spawning parties around) and should be around 8-10 bandits at around each hideout but there can be 100s around just 1 hideout currently. Currently team is working on fix.

By the way this is major problem. I advice you to wait starting new game until fix. Even after fix your old saves will have problems. Spawned bandits will not be removed.
BTW are you really sure that the problem is 'all bandits spawing from the same hideout'?, I mean there seems to be far more than 100 parties ...

Last edited:
I suggest that you read my original comment explaining the reasons behind the change. I explained why just adding "More troops mean a higher impact on performance" wouldn't be enough.

We added many gameplay options to the game, at least 8 afair. Some of them from the UI suggestions, from forum users like you. If you have suggestions on adding more, I would love to hear from you at the UI Suggestions sub-forum.
Just add "extreme" option for those who doesn't have a potato for a PC.

Solved.

Ever thought why this mod has 700 000+ downloads?

Players like tinkering around their game. No need to go into extreme, but some slider for death rate etc. wouldn't be bad.

Again, you guys are living in your own bubble a way too much. Try understanding your players.

And no, once this game is out of EA there wont be a lot of new sales. Most of your customers already are here, there are no hordes of new customers incoming when game is "ready" so adapt to the existing player base not imaginary.

whish they fixed the texture and icon loading bug first, bandits avoidible but other one completly ruins everything
Answer me this.
Is the textures and icon not loading a gameplay issue that causes major problems for caravans, peasants and newly defeated lords? Or just a visual bug that needs to be fixed?

in my game bandits are only romaing arround nothern part of sturgia not much of a problem for me, but icons dissapering needs a reload constantly, unlike others having to reload constantly turns the game into tedious chore

whish they fixed the texture and icon loading bug first, bandits avoidible but other one completly ruins everything
Well this image is from a part og Khuzait land and also part of Azarai and SE are being svamped by bandits. You know it’s breaking the game, when khuz are losing...So the game is actually unplayable

Just add "extreme" option for those who doesn't have a potato for a PC.
I already explained why "extreme" option is not enough in this thread.

Players like tinkering around their game. No need to go into extreme, but some slider for death rate etc. wouldn't be bad.
Death rate ratio is a balance change, not a UI control change. But if you think the current balance is off, I can certainly bring it up internally.

Again, you guys are living in your own bubble a way too much. Try understanding your players.
We do that, constantly. We read this forum, we look at the mods downloaded. I'll quote my other comment replying to @Lusitani 5th Empire

@Lusitani 5th Empire I regularly look at the mods that users are downloading. It gives me a real and objective sense of what users feel missing, or the native UI is lacking on explaining, quite clearly. @Dejan also gather a list of mods that have been downloaded that month and shares that with the teams. I find that list really valuable.

And I think it shows, from a first glance, we've addressed some of the issues that these mods are fixing or implemented a feature in similar way. Fast dialog(map conversations), Settlement Icons, Persistent Lock, Equipment in Encyclopedia, Hotkeys, Reset Map Rotation etc. And we have more features in the works that will address more of these issues that players feel need fixing. So keep an eye out for that.

And to add on top of that, to give you one more example. We've implemented @scarface52 's suggestions on the party screen 1 2 3.

In the upcoming patches, party screen will show morale, horse and influence change after party screen actions like currently shown gold change.

What I'm trying to say is, we like to hear from you and your suggestions. If you have ideas on improving the UI I would love to hear it in the UI suggestions sub-forum and discuss.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom