Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a question. Are old save games Compatible with each new build or should I start a new game every build update. Like 156 to 157 or 157 to 158 etc. I've been using the same save game from 156 to the new 158 beta. Is that a bad idea?
They are compatible but some updates/fixes aren't applied, generally to characters.

I see adding one or more divisions between 600 and 1000 as the best in between solution.
What if it is somewhat like warband in that in the bannerlordconfig.txt you could fine tune it if you so desired? In that file there is
BattleSize=#
with the current 1 - 5 drop down menu for it (5 being 1000, 4 being 600, etc)
Have that number be able to be decimal. So if one wanted between 4 and 5 put 4.5 and it will be halfway between the two. So 4.5 in current settings is 800
Keeping it "gated" behind the config implies it is advanced adjusting. Only matter to clear up is not have in game settings overwrite it. perhaps a
ManualBattleSize= 0 / 1
to let game know whether to read from config on load regarding this or to adjust config to whatever ingame is

So what do you recommend restart to get the full benefits from the fixes? I've put over 500 hours so far in this game love it and it keeps improving with every update.
I would say take a good look at what changes would benefit a new game and decide if you want to continue your old campaign or not.
Also, if you're playing on a beta version with a game from an earlier version, I would always copy the save and stash it way(before you load it on new update beta), if you're attached to that campaign. Because even though it should work, there can unforeseen problems down the line that could corrupt the .sav or make it otherwise unplayable. But if you stash a copy, you could always revert to an older update and continue that campaign in a working way.

I feel like the game is stuck in a time loop in which it moves forward and backward at the same time. And the game is progressing with difficulty
somewhere I am upset
but I do not want to do in free hard on the developers, even less on the few who take the time to consult the forum.
but embittered man that I am is clearly not satisfied

Well in my current game, it's happen in the west most side of Vlandia where the sea raiders hideout spawn. They are all over the few cities like Pervend and the villages around them.

It's not the worst thing in the world since my party is over 100 men now. It make levelling troops really easy though. And if any of the village want manual labours, I would be very rich in no time. As it is, I could probably grind an hour or so and able to sell the loots to buy a few workshops.
I wondered if rather than a bug it was them showing what the Nord invasion that invasion some people have said they want might look like. Just fought over 2000 sea raiders going from Galend to Pravend (wiping out 4 bases on the way and it's still a sea of little blue banners.

Just a normal day in the west coast

We found the problem. All bandits at world (except looters) are spawned from just one hideout currently (normally there are 10-20 different infested hideouts spawning parties around) and should be around 8-10 bandits at around each hideout but there can be 100s around just 1 hideout currently. Currently team is working on fix.

By the way this is major problem. I advice you to wait starting new game until fix. Even after fix your old saves will have problems. Spawned bandits will not be removed.

Last edited:
We found the problem. All bandits at world (except looters) are spawned from just one hideout currently (normally there are 10-20 different infested hideouts spawning parties around) and should be around 8-10 bandits at around each hideout but there can be 100s around just 1 hideout currently. Currently team is working on fix.

By the way this is major problem. I advice you to wait starting new game until fix. Even after fix your old saves will have problems. Spawned bandits will not be removed.
I know you cannot make promises but do you think that, once the spawning behavior is implemented and said hive nest hideout is removed, that new spawns have the potential to come in correctly? I'm less looking for a "yes for sure" because you don't know but you might know a "not exactly because..." and mention there are other issues likely and thus a new campaign is best. I know no matter what those old spawns got to get cleared out and likewise the hideout causing it but just wondering if there are other headaches we are not yet aware of rippling from this

I know you cannot make promises but do you think that, once the spawning behavior is implemented and said hive nest hideout is removed, that new spawns have the potential to come in correctly? I'm less looking for a "yes for sure" because you don't know but you might know a "not exactly because..." and mention there are other issues likely and thus a new campaign is best
New spawns will continue as normal but there will be 100s of bandit around 1 hideout. However they will be cleared in 1-2-3 years and maybe then world can turn to normal. Its up to you you can start new game if you do not want to continue game with not homogenous bandit distribution for 1-2-3 years.

Edit : I rethink and the I am not sure if it return normal in 3 years. I think it is not guaranteed. You should load your game after fix and if you see new bandits are spawning around other empty (have 0 bandits around) infested hideouts then it means it will be ok after several years.

New spawns will continue as normal but there will be 100s of bandit around 1 hideout. However they will be cleared in 1-2-3 years and maybe then world can turn to normal. Its up to you you can start new game if you do not want to continue game with not homogenous bandit distribution for 1-2-3 years.

Edit : I rethink and the I am not sure if it return normal in 3 years. I think it is not guaranteed. You should load your game after fix and if you see new bandits are spawning around other empty (have 0 bandits around) infested hideouts then it means it will be ok after several years.
Ah to elaborate assume as player I am the one removing them, not expecting them to disppear from something. I won't say all cases are possible, and plenty will require slowly eatting away the outer most rings of the hive, but the logic is if the respawning is corrected and there are now 8-10 other hives then attrition will eventually cycle them out to other hideouts

Also i want to point out that in my playthrough (started a new playthrough on this beta patch) all the wanderers are gone except the ones i managed to get in my party at the start of the game, literally no other wanderer is alive.

advice-
e1.5.8 is unplayable due to tons of bugs.
unless you want to keep reporting bugs and help the developers ===> just play a more stable version while waiting for a hotfix.

Ah to elaborate assume as player I am the one removing them, not expecting them to disppear from something. I won't say all cases are possible, and plenty will require slowly eatting away the outer most rings of the hive, but the logic is if the respawning is corrected and there are now 8-10 other hives then attrition will eventually cycle them out to other hideouts
I'd be interested in an answer to the above as well as quite happy clearing up the bandit hives as long as they go back to normal levels once cleared.

I'd be interested in an answer to the above as well as quite happy clearing up the bandit hives as long as they go back to normal levels once cleared.
Will let you know since whatever hotfix that is dropped will have my trying this: already has led to some humorous behaviors such as steppe bandits so laden with villagers they crawl at under 4 speed which allowed me to catch them and reel in many other little groups. That's one hive easy to test the fix since already partially neutered

We had many instances of players reporting bad performance in battles and in their options, the battle size option was maxed out. This is mostly because previously we didn't give enough information about the quality equivalence of this option. Players didn't know what to expect with the number they're selecting.
So let me get this straight:

You remove a useful game option for a lot of players because some players are just too "stupid" (sorry but I can´t think of a better word in this case) to understand that more troops on the screen means less performance?

Why not just add a short explanation like: More troops mean a higher impact on performance

No wonder you don´t want to add some more "complex" gameplay options into the game if your goal is to make the game fool proof?

Actually it is quite funny you have sorted the Kuzhaits snowballing. In my game the lords are forever being captured by Steppe Bandits so they do not do anything. Yes I know it is not intended.

Haven't played in 6 months. DL the newest patch and play game. Game crashes after fighting in Varcheg doing a quest mission. Noticed a loading image for all inventory except food items. Probably going to give game another break.

You chose a bad time to jump back in. I'd say it is their worst update.

Back
Top Bottom