Devs insist on class system for balance reasons (maybe rightly so), but I want more customization options.

Users who are viewing this thread

I get that it's probably not your decision about what details to share, but most of the negative posts on the forums are about not knowing what the future looks like and having to guess based on tiny crumbs of information, seems like you guys were very open about what features the game would have before, but all of a sudden you guys are working behind the Iron Curtain. Maybe releasing a roadmap even if people didn't like what it said would help quell alot of the anxiety, the post's I've seen that did give details were very vague and only addressed the super short term.

This is just normal TaleWorlds communications tactics, "Umm this is going to change but we won't tell you why, how and when".

Most likely this means they are trying to find a way to make it economically profitable with skins.

Most likely they just have other priorities right now.

I think as soon as balance is at a point where people can't agree what's over- and what's underpowered then we will see more content updates.

I like the class and perk system.It gives you more tactical options.In warband competitive you start with a small amount of money and you are forced to use cheap equipment.In Bannerlord you can spawn heavy cav or heavy inf from the very start of the match.So I am going to say that they should keep it as it is.

I like the class and perk system.It gives you more tactical options.In warband competitive you start with a small amount of money and you are forced to use cheap equipment.In Bannerlord you can spawn heavy cav or heavy inf from the very start of the match.So I am going to say that they should keep it as it is.
And what’s stopping you from increasing the starting gold in warband to provide the same experience? At least in warband you’re able to play whatever class you prefer regardless of how much money you want. More about bannerlord this is just a weak argument the reason players pick the heavy classes is because they are simply better than the cheaper units??

Exactly this is being worked on at the moment. First iteration will contain some items from SP, we will add more later over time.
lovely. Please make it so that we can choose it in the loadouts tab... I really wish we could assign default chosen perks for every unit type in multiplayer too. So if I choose javelins or a sword for my recruit, the default option would be the one I chose so I don't have to bother in-game to think about my options anymore at the beginning

And what’s stopping you from increasing the starting gold in warband to provide the same experience? At least in warband you’re able to play whatever class you prefer regardless of how much money you want. More about bannerlord this is just a weak argument the reason players pick the heavy classes is because they are simply better than the cheaper units??
Depends on the situation.I like both heavy and light inf and right now heavy inf is not that strong compared to all the javelins and throwing spears medium inf gets.But they won't remove the perks and classes.No point crying so get used to it .

Honestly I agree, but it's just not happening, you, me and everyone argued till they were blue in the face about this and they still ploughed on. We know now it's because they want some skins progressions system put into the game but that will be all moot the moment the first cRPG/Mercenaries like mod comes out and the entire (save for the competitive ones) native population migrates. It happened with Warband and well, it does have the custom classes.

And the major problem with the bolded parts is that: Heavy variants of a class are just outright better than the light, so where is the meaningful choice? It only comes down to cost at that point. Same as Warband in that very case, so we went full circle to have less customization really.

Last time I played Warband on a 100 slot server, I saw a guy up in a tower, I recognized him from seing him play before because of his equipment choices. I knew he liked to throw axes, and hes really good at it, so I picked up a shield, forced him into melee and killed him. Bannerlord will never allow for this.

Just make light archer faster/nerf some aspect of it + lower heavy archer speed/buff some aspect of it. There you could have meaningful choice with archers.

Just make light archer faster/nerf some aspect of it + lower heavy archer speed/buff some aspect of it. There you could have meaningful choice with archers.
I always go triple spawn if I can afford it. Light archers being cheap is already a good buff for them. They have no choice of what bow they would use, except maybe battanian light archer, but that's a cheap class and they already have decent impact. Maybe that's only me, but I always prefer light bows for being able to kite/kill cav when it rush you, but anyway for me having triple spawn with a light archer is always better than 2 spawns with heavy.
You go ehavy+light if you are less than 320g
You go double heavy if you have exactly 320
You go triple light if it costs 110 and you have 330
You go double heavy if light costs 120 and you have between 320 and 350
You go triple light if it costs 120 and you have 360
You go one heavy + 2 light if light costs 110 and you have 380
Don't you?
Heavy and light are picked evenly if light costs 120 and light is picked more often if it costs 110
I see no reason to make some differences between them

I always go triple spawn if I can afford it. Light archers being cheap is already a good buff for them. They have no choice of what bow they would use, except maybe battanian light archer, but that's a cheap class and they already have decent impact. Maybe that's only me, but I always prefer light bows for being able to kite/kill cav when it rush you, but anyway for me having triple spawn with a light archer is always better than 2 spawns with heavy.
You go ehavy+light if you are less than 320g
You go double heavy if you have exactly 320
You go triple light if it costs 110 and you have 330
You go double heavy if light costs 120 and you have between 320 and 350
You go triple light if it costs 120 and you have 360
You go one heavy + 2 light if light costs 110 and you have 380
Don't you?
Heavy and light are picked evenly if light costs 120 and light is picked more often if it costs 110
I see no reason to make some differences between them
Yes. I do like to go cheap xbow and just respawn with peasent if I can loot it back. Also fast release can be tech on big distances. And there Khuzait and Aserai light might have advantage. (Also argument to go for Battania and Vlandia heavy with 360). Maybe go double heavy Empire and Khuzait if a lot of cav even if I have 330 because of polearm. Go Sharpshooter with 360 since (160,120 and 80) it is drop for Vanguard. Some things like if I don't think they will target archer. Then just go for the one with short burst impact, 2x heavy than 3x light.

I think the desired outcome some want, is that you dont want 300 to be auto 1 h,1 l. 330 3 l. 380 1 h, 2 l.

That the match situation should require a brief consideration on what is best. It is the difference between oathsworn and wilding in the ideal world.

Last edited:
Actual archery itself feels really good, and I'd just rather see some of the power from heavy archer bows moved to light archers so that if someone goes full glass cannon they have to be super careful. As it stands a heavy archer can still survive a ridiculous amount of punishment sometimes, and slowing them down more is just overkill, just make them weaker in range but can stand in a melee fight. A nice hybrid unit.

I think the desired outcome some want, is that you dont want 300 to be auto 1 h,1 l. 330 3 l. 380 1 h, 2 l.

That the match situation should require a brief consideration on what is best. It is the difference between oathsworn and wilding in the ideal world.
I think heavy arch is meant to be better than light, while it costs more it provides higher impact in a brief fight.
It is always better to have heavy archer if he can shoot the whole round and enemies are barely touching him, but if the enemy is trying to play around that arch and always trying to push him it is better to have triple spawn, cause you are going to die if everyone is trying to focus you, especially if you are playing against xbow. In current meta it is hard to stay alive and doing reasonable impact, the best position for shooting is usually the most dangerous one. If you forget about enemy archer for a second and try to focus on a fight he can easily catch you on aiming, but if you are not focusing on a fight you have less impact. This all makes archers vulnerable and that's why having triple spawn is always better.

Btw I hate playing battania vs vlandia cause you always have to hide from xbow, if you are going to shoot from open space xbow will have a year to shoot your head cause your aiming is so slow.

Depends on the situation.I like both heavy and light inf and right now heavy inf is not that strong compared to all the javelins and throwing spears medium inf gets.But they won't remove the perks and classes.No point crying so get used to it .

It's okay if you don't want to come up with any counterpoints, just don't respond.

I kinda like the balance we have at the moment, but devs are forgetting one of the reasons why we want the warband equipment system back : cosmetic purposes & unique player characters.

There is a simple compromise to this. Keep the current class system , but define a few equivalent armor pieces that the player can choose between for every class.

Example: There are many northern culture helmets and hats in the game. When you choose to play as a sturgian warrior and pick the extra armor perk, you get a nasal helmet variant. The thing is, the game (singleplayer) has like 5 nasal helmet models that are similar in protection, but the character (multiplayer) can wear only one of them! Just let us pick between those 5 helmets, solely for cosmetic purposes!

Let us choose what type of heavy helmet our vlandian sergeant wears, let us choose which light tunic/cloth our imperial recruit wears etc. you get what I mean.

This would not create a confusion when recognising a certain classes in game, since you would know that the only class that wears a heavy vlandian chainmail would be either a sergeant or a knight etc.

This would give every player a certain freedom to choose what their character looks like without altering it too much from what their class is supposed to look like, it would make mp more colorful and fun. What do you guys think?
"""This would give every player a certain freedom to choose what their character looks like without altering it too much from what their class is supposed to look like, it would make mp more colorful and fun. What do you guys think?"""
Hey man i'm all foward to this, aslong it isn't to colorfull, with pink helmets and other weird colours :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom