Users who are viewing this thread

Dear TaleWorlds Entertainment,

I am writing to outline and potentially settle a complaint shared among many within the NA community. There is reasonable validity within these grievances.

The Development team has implemented a new way of queuing in M.P. - Users may select between two regions: East-Coast and West-Coast. While this may sound practical and conventional in theory, it has caused quite the dilemma. Here is why:

• Server Populations are split between two regions / time-zones
• The already small player-base has now been cut in half leaving NA Players to wonder what the point in launching M.P. is anymore

Here are the potential solutions to this serious predicament:

No.1: Have NA Servers located in Chicago, Illinois - This is a centralized zone where West-Coast players, as well as East-Coast players could share somewhat balanced ping, and better correct latency differences between both teams and all users.

No.2: Have NA Servers located in Austin, Texas - This location is centralized, similarly to that of Chicago; and while some East-Coast players ping would go up slightly, it wouldn't be enough to submit a serious complaint about and would definitely help West-Coast players achieve more stable and lower latency.

Thank you for taking the time to read this over. I do hope that it was persuasive and enlightening. I look forward to seeing TaleWorlds Ent. correcting these issues; whatever form(s) they may occur in.

May good health be yours,

- Christopher R.

abb97f2626f760810f85bb9408d54b1e.png

https://gyazo.com/abb97f2626f760810f85bb9408d54b1e

Dear TaleWorlds Entertainment,

I am writing to outline and potentially settle a complaint shared among many within the NA community. There is reasonable validity within these grievances.

The Development team has implemented a new way of queuing in M.P. - Users may select between two regions: East-Coast and West-Coast. While this may sound practical and conventional in theory, it has caused quite the dilemma. Here is why:

• Server Populations are split between two regions / time-zones
• The already small player-base has now been cut in half leaving NA Players to wonder what the point in launching M.P. is anymore

Here are the potential solutions to this serious predicament:

No.1: Have NA Servers located in Chicago, Illinois - This is a centralized zone where West-Coast players, as well as East-Coast players could share somewhat balanced ping, and better correct latency differences between both teams and all users.

No.2: Have NA Servers located in Austin, Texas - This location is centralized, similarly to that of Chicago; and while some East-Coast players ping would go up slightly, it wouldn't be enough to submit a serious complaint about and would definitely help West-Coast players achieve more stable and lower latency.

Thank you for taking the time to read this over. I do hope that it was persuasive and enlightening. I look forward to seeing TaleWorlds Ent. correcting these issues; whatever form(s) they may occur in.

May good health be yours,

- Christopher R.
They could also make it so you can select multiple regions

If they are going to change server providers to get a more centralized server they should stick with the Midwest. A lot of players are from the Northeast and they will have the same problem that West coast players were experiencing before when there was only one NA server location.

I'm EU, like to play with decent players for strats.
When EU is dying around midnight we can continue to play NA on Captains Mode. Getting chances of catching bigger clans like SkBr or BTL there as well. Now there is much longer waiting time for a game because it's split. Intra servers play would be fantastic and fair for all players. Or just don't split already splitted community of Captains Mode.
I would like to point once again that this mode is unique to M&B games compared to other game modes. But devs and mods hate criticism.
Hate players opinion. Just masses.

having more servers are never a bad thing,
improving the game to help bring back players will help fill both server locations,
battle mode is coming soon i think that will help surge the player base,
im really frustrated they didnt have it at launch, the huge player base we started out with will never come back bc of this decision
i think its bc they wanted to force people to play skirmish mode/ didnt know how to do battle mode with their unfortunate skirmish based classes

custom servers will help, getting the gold system back and changing fundamental flaws in the design will create the perfect game,
the bare bones are there just a few tweaks will make this game great

How can they manage such huge battles while they cannot figure out "slow motion bug", disconnections and server crashes.
All we hear for a year now is that they work on it, what we see is just Solo mode and Skirmish taken care of.

There is no second game like Captains Mode anywhere on the market with FPS/TPP medieval battle while commanding troops RTS style.
That's make the Captains Mode unique.Big Battles will give it another huge great dimension but technically let's just hope they work simultaneously on both at the same time. With Captains League it can make the way to eSports. But it's a long way to go.

We need an NA siege server with population... but also Taleworlds servers were crashing from day 1 and it killed the population, dunno if they ever fixed that.
Hopefully combat is better too. I want to get back into this game but the MP is dead..? what the hell did they do..

I stand corrected we had 60-100 players on NA east coast siege tonight. Not bad! Game still needs some work though.. why does the swing feel so slow compared to warband..? speed it up a bit!

Swing speed and balances of weapons were tweaked accordingly to Skirmish, with same model for all game modes.
Now it's a bit better since TW split perks slightly between Skirmish and Captains / Siege.
Crashes are still very frequent, even more frequent....

Back
Top Bottom