Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Unfortunately, it's been replaced (possibly resulting from that fix?) with a bug which seems to delete a bunch of wanderers you haven't seen yet, the first time you load a game in 1.5.8 (whether that game started in 1.5.8 or not).
theres always a downside lol

I can get looters
nah i saved the game soon after my preparations has been completed (1.5.7.), cause i had a cunning plan to kill some battanians and took their stuff. If player leading the army he always got screwed on recruits, because lords in the army kinda leave to recruits left unless their army is full. So, i basically trying to maintain my party size with recruited prisoners, like Palatines, Fians etc.
But in 1.5.8. i can't just do that, they refuse to join my army even after several weeks of unholy crusade.

nah i saved the game soon after my preparations has been completed (1.5.7.), cause i had a cunning plan to kill some battanians and took their stuff. If player leading the army he always got screwed on recruits, because lords in the army kinda leave to recruits left unless their army is full. So, i basically trying to maintain my party size with recruited prisoners, like Palatines, Fians etc.
But in 1.5.8. i can't just do that, they refuse to join my army even after several weeks of unholy crusade.
Same here was playing last night for about 2 hours no prisoner joined me. So sold them all and captured some more no difference this is 1.5.7 start. My army is now mainly recruits so I am struggling.

They're being developed, not scrapped.
If prison breaks are being developed, does it mean that the devs will change (finally) the mechanics around prisoners? Capturing an enemy lord just to have him/her escape right away or escape from the prison within a day or two is annoying and ridiculous. The bartering system is also a joke. Please fix this - will allow us to play without the need to have the True Prisoners mod (which has had about 35 thousand downloads). If you think that it will not cater for all, then, why not have a selection button on character set up like we have with enabling deaths and births? Sincerely, having the character not being able to escape from a dungeon should be the norm.

It would be great if some thinsg get further tweeked/fixed.

The battle is as usual Warband style a huge clusterf**k of brainless AI where we can see heads,half of the npcs body,hands going throu npcs heads,body,shields,soldiers morfing/combining with one another DBZ style/siamesse twin style all due to the clustering stuff.

Devs deffinetly should also create some line mechanics where AI/NPC form lines and then instead of all of the lines attacking instead we get the 1st contact line then 2nd and maybe if needed 3rd lines being engaged in the fight while the remaning lines stay put/alert/ready to engage BUT they not engage and just wait for a comrade from front to fall to fill its spot.

That way in battle the computer/system wont need to constantly calculate NPCs/AIs animation/movements who arent even engaged at all in combat BUT instead would save system/relive system from calculating all of that mess and focus on first 2-3 lines of combat (depending on the space of contact closed in door fighting or filed fight).That way it will free alot of memory space bcs the non engaged NPCs/AI will stay in one combat motion and would wait without activating any animation or moving until its needed to fill the gap in lines that lost a soldier.

I think i mentioned somewhere this type of aproach alongisde for devs to make AI/NPC pathing inside gates better by SIMPLY after the first gate is breached by ram then all it need is that soldiers mounted/operate on ram MOVE the ram atleast/minimum 10 steps back from the breached gate or after the breaching of the gate move the ram to the side and that way they would clear the path for the soldiers to easly without ram obstruction clearly go to breach the second gate without morfing/merging with each other and causing pathfinding problems just bcs ram is messing with the pathfinding due to being right in front of the gate.

If i remmember correctly sugested somewhere both of the things from army AI aproacing battles/tight corner battles to the atleast temporary fix moving the ram away post breaching the first gate BUT my sugestions were comleatly ignored.

I hope these things get looked over/glanced over and not ignored.
+1
This needs to be fixed. Without proper battles, the whole game falls apart for me.

Armours no longer have adjectives which define their origin, e.g Southern, Northern, etc.

Wait, why? This was very useful in helping to distinguish which armor came from where, especially if you want to equip characters or followers with gear from their appropriate faction. Could we please revert this change?

Most of the icons, banners are not loading for some reason in 1.5.8
cogJ5d5.png

lNvMCXl.png

2j1EkNA.png

Now armies are not loading :d

Last edited:
Wait, why? This was very useful in helping to distinguish which armor came from where, especially if you want to equip characters or followers with gear from their appropriate faction. Could we please revert this change?
The problem is that factions share equipment, so they cant be unique to just one kingdom. there are not that many different boots for example so every faction uses mail boots and splint boots.
If you really wanna know what your faction uses, you can check in encyclopedia.

@Dejan
Could you say if/when the Hero's player death in battle will be introduced? Or planned?
I would love to know this too, i've asked a few times but no answer so far

This is a feature i would love, it's kinda boring that you have that dynastic system but can only die of old age, players that don't want death can disable it anyway.

I would love to know this too, i've asked a few times but no answer so far

This is a feature i would love, it's kinda boring that you have that dynastic system but can only die of old age, players that don't want death can disable it anyway.
If not, they should tell us how to enable on their files at least, I believe evryone who got used to the death system, would love get this

If people don't like death enable, TW already heard their voices and made an option to disable

many of the items images do not load for me. Not sure if I am the only one with this issue but it's annoying. I just get the spinning wheel of death. I like the way the troops lineup before battle now. Have a great Friday.

Is it actually deleting them or just making them not show in encyclopedia? I noticed very few wanderers in the book but hoped it was just failed to load....
Well it affected Istiana too (not Arzagos, as I'd already met him) and she doesn't appear to be present in the game world anywhere (though is still in the encyclopedia...).

Back
Top Bottom