Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Why does he want so much money for his daughter now? The bar doesn't even move, I smell a **** up. She was 13k tops in 1.5.7
Esur was like 1k.

Also I don't find any Bandits and it's day 65! I see bases but just looters running around! I need forest bandits to shoot my troops so I can get medicine perks

in 1.5.7 lords paid to me for marriage between their daughter and my brother
And look this guys got the right price, just 12k for female family type.

And she's fully loaded with the Empires finest!

BTW both mine and brother's spouses teleported to Rovalt after marriage, wasting days and days each time to go retrieve them. None of us arevlandian or have anything to do with them or rovalt! I swear I've read patch notes at least twice saying the spouse teleporting was fixed but this **** just keeps happening!

And look this guys got the right price, just 12k for female family type.

And she's fully loaded with the Empires finest!

BTW both mine and brother's spouses teleported to Rovalt after marriage, wasting days and days each time to go retrieve them. None of us arevlandian or have anything to do with them or rovalt! I swear I've read patch notes at least twice saying the spouse teleporting was fixed but this **** just keeps happening!

This is the fourth time that patch notes have included "fix crafted weapons in tournaments." Maybe they got it now?

disagree. in a battle 1k vs 1k who would know who killed the guy? it´s just another random factor to decrease relation. in the same way it would make sense to decrease relation because you are in a different kingdom or have a different culture. if this goes on at some point executing might become more benefical then releasing since a lot of things decrease your relation anyway.
+1

What a completely random feature that adds nothing to the game and just makes it feel more like a generic simulation than it already does.

The execute feature is so broken that no one uses it now. You execute an enemy lord and the world will hate you, even your allies and random nobles that have never met you or the noble.

Now we are going to be penalised for randomly participating in a battle where someone gets killed, what's the whole point of this game again?

And why isn't this in the patch notes?

Can we "Devastate" and "Pillage" without taking over a town? I think that's what alot of people, atleast I, wanted. Sometimes we don't want to expand beyond our capabilities, but simply weaken enemies on our borders.
yes I think this would be ideal. Also make the town unattackable while it recovers, just like a village (so it isn't abusable and you can attack multiple times). It would be a big strategic decision and I think it's worth implementing
Right, so the requested feature was implemented with the most important aspect of it left out.

Great job. I look forward to destroying a town before occupying it. Sounds like a fantastic idea.
lol
It would be great if some thinsg get further tweeked/fixed.

The battle is as usual Warband style a huge clusterf**k of brainless AI where we can see heads,half of the npcs body,hands going throu npcs heads,body,shields,soldiers morfing/combining with one another DBZ style/siamesse twin style all due to the clustering stuff.
yes I think they should take a look at the battle realism mode. The battles seem to last a little too much for my taste (in big battles), but they do have the way combat looks right imo.
There must be some misscommunication happening here, because what I'm talking about is abandoning mechanical ownership of a town/castle; not simply leaving the town/castle with yourself and your party. Inhabiting a settlement after destroying it is madness, the settlement would be much more of a liability than an asset. This also happens to be the case sometimes even without actually pillaging a settlement, because the town is simply too far away from any other settlements your faction owns or whatever. It is for that purpose the game sorely needs an option to pillage towns without actually conquering them.

There are multiple benefits to a system like this: It removes the necessity to do some AI calculation by there not being a change in ownership of a settlement, both for the attacking and defending factions. It would increase internal faction stability for the defending faction by not giving further incentive to a clan to switch allegience due to losing their settlements. It would also really simplify my job for the reasons previously stated in regards to more smoothly ignoring a settlement which would've been a nuisance/liability to occupy.

It also wouldn't be too hard to implement. Some very simple calculations can be done for when only AI are deciding whether to take over a settlement or not: 1) "Is this settlement too far away from most of our other settlements?" 2) "If I were to accept this settlement, would I be able to tackle the increased garrison costs I'd have to pay to properly defend it?" And some other obvious parameters.

Essentially, when an AI party successfully besieges a settlement, first the people the settlement is offered to have to decide: "Do I even want it?", if not, then more and more vassals are asked the same question, until if everyone else in the faction has said no, the decision is left to the faction leader whether the faction should pillage & abandon, or just take over the town anyways.
agreed! I hope they will do it this way. If I do a bandit playthrough maybe I don't want to capture any towns, too

Okay, well her stats are garbage. I have had her in clan in 1.5.6 and 1.5.7 and she was fine with the average young noble female stuff.
Patch that just keeps on giving so many surprises.

I've been all over now and still no roaming bandits :sad:

Seems 1.5.8 is a bit more unstable than previous beta, really hope devs manage to provide hot fix (textures not loading properly etc.) before the weekend.

Is this new? The empire is besieging mekeb, I just attacked that punk near them and they joined in, I wasn't aware parties could join in while they were making siege camp. What's funny is how the tent icon got up and swiveled around! :smile:

They gonna eat all my loot though :sad:

They need to think carefully about the relation system. I've put a governor in and suddenly get + relations with random people notifications. It's distracting and I'm not sure why I keep getting it.
I think it has to do with the emissary feature they added in previous patch, which has no way around it AFAIK

They need to think carefully about the relation system. I've put a governor in and suddenly get + relations with random people notifications. It's distracting and I'm not sure why I keep getting it.
Hmm now with the emissary system maybe it could be a good idea to only receive notification after a longer while, maybe at certain relationship values. For example when a notable reaches 25, 50, 75, 100 relationship...

After reloading my game -fresh start with 1.58 -, all but 4 Wanderers/potential clan members have disappeared! They are not in the encyclopedia and are not in the world anymore.

Is this new? The empire is besieging mekeb, I just attacked that punk near them and they joined in, I wasn't aware parties could join in while they were making siege camp. What's funny is how the tent icon got up and swiveled around! :smile:

They gonna eat all my loot though :sad:

It is not new. Problem here is movement of tents actually. If we do not let sieger parties to join then it will be a weird situation also. You will attack an enemy near or over tents and nobody will help him. We would try to solve this problem by 1-not moving tents and 2-reducing joining radius for sieger parties.

hideouts seem more rare and don´t produce bandit troops, therefor the amount of looters is almost doubled. what is nice to level but deadly for caravans. caravans also don´t show up in the party menu and seem to run automatic after getting caught. not 100% sure about the last part.
in my very first battle, in this new pt, 5 of 12 lords died. being unlucky or did they increase deathrate even more?

finally
for this i thank you very much
Unfortunately, it's been replaced (possibly resulting from that fix?) with a bug which seems to delete a bunch of wanderers you haven't seen yet, the first time you load a game in 1.5.8 (whether that game started in 1.5.8 or not).

Back
Top Bottom