Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

D0c1

Knight at Arms
leadership used to give 0.2 morale per skill level but now it is buffed to 0.4.

at 150 leadership (i took a quick glance and saw AI lords have 120-160) it used to give 30 morale. now it gives 60 so all lords will be running around with max morale all the time (base is 50 morale) might as well remove morale from the game.

this might hide the morale system that you have in the game. i'm going to test how it works with 0.07 morale per leadership level and report back.

it was ridiculous before but now it's just broken so i posted this here rather than in suggestions.

it should be 0.1 max

this is the relevant code. i think. because i edited it and it changed morale bonus for me in-game. i'm no coder.

t6Sv1.png

@D0c1 yes you are right ideal number for this is 0.1, you said "used to give 0.2" when it was 0.2 did you remember?

Actually these parts (character system, levelling, skills and effects) are not my area but it is obvious it's effect should be less and asked team why it is 0.4 currently. If I get reply will fix it.

Last edited:
when it was 0.2 did you remember?
bannerlord perks lists it as 0.2 morale per level since 1.3.0 (oldest version that can be chosen on the site).
last time i personally calculated it in my game was at beta 1.5.5.

bannerlord perks lists it as 0.2 morale per level since 1.3.0 (oldest version that can be chosen on the site).
last time i personally calculated it in my game was at beta 1.5.5.
Yes, I checked and see so it seems that this page is showing number wrong at their page. Because currently it is 0.4 and I checked code and see it is 0.4 since May. Anyway I asked team and its obvious 0.4 is not ideal we will reduce it.

i tested battles with .05 morale per leadership level 5 times. some against random armies on the map and one where i cornered an army until it started losing troops due to starvation. i let it simmer for 3 days then attacked. it was 800 vs 500. the army just rushed for its death like normal.

only in 1 of the 5 times i got a rout. it was a 200vs300. the enemy was mostly high tier (tier 4 and 5).
80 aserai master archers routed. they attacked me after they took a town from the northern empire. it was 4 parties.
idk why they routed. maybe lords' personalities?

i tried editing the base morale but the 2 things i edited in the code didn't have an effect in the game and it still said base morale is 50.

i tested battles with .05 morale per leadership level 5 times. some against random armies on the map and one where i cornered an army until it started losing troops due to starvation. i let it simmer for 3 days then attacked. it was 800 vs 500. the army just rushed for its death like normal.

only in 1 of the 5 times i got a rout. it was a 200vs300. the enemy was mostly high tier (tier 4 and 5).
80 aserai master archers routed. they attacked me after they took a town from the northern empire. it was 4 parties.
idk why they routed. maybe lords' personalities?

i tried editing the base morale but the 2 things i edited in the code didn't have an effect in the game and it still said base morale is 50.

Their rushing to death at start of battle is normal behavior. However if a party's morale is low agents start battle with lower morale. When somebody die nearby their morale can go down 0 and they can start running away.

This our current agent morale formula :
35 + random(30) + (morale - 50) / 2

So if a party's morale is 100 then agents start battle with
35 + random(30) + 50 / 2 = a value changes between 60-90 (average : 75)

So if a party's morale is 50 then agents start battle with
35 + random(30) + 0 / 2 = a value changes between 35-65 (average : 50)

So if a party's morale is 0 then agents start battle with
35 + random(30) - 50 / 2 = a value changes between 10-40 (average : 25)

When an ally agent dies morale of around agents reduces by x (x is low if there are too much ally agents nearby but lets say average is 5)
When an enemy agent dies morale of around agents increases by x (x is low if there are too much enemy agents nearby but lets say average is 5)

When morale of agent reduces below 0 he starts to run away.

If you say I cannot feel any effect of morale at battles we can discuss more how to improve it but current situation works like this. Also we will reduce skill's effect to 0.1 per leadership skill from 0.4.

If you say I cannot feel any effect of morale at battles we can discuss more how to improve it but current situation works like
i didn't feel it at my first tests, yes. but i fought more battles during a normal campaign with leadership morale bonus at 0.05 per level again.

they were 300vs400 battles. i got routs after 300 kills or so several times. but in close battles where i had 100 man left they fought for the last man.
so i guess the system is working as intended.

still, i'd like to do more tests with lower base morale value but i can't find the right code.

those are the codes i changed but base morale is still 50 in-game.

thanks for explaining how morale works btw.

edit: i found the code that handles base morale. i'll test it and report back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom