Loot from battles need some kind of rework

Users who are viewing this thread

The loot that we get from battle is terrible and very frustrating. It doesn't seem to matter how high the enemy troop level is or how many of them there are, the stuff that we get after is totally crap. If there is any high tier equipment in there its broken in some way making it useless. I know this isn't looter RPG like Diablo, but I get the same feeling here as any other RPG's that have loot where you keep farming and you never get anything good. If the level of rewards is going to be this low going forward might as well just get rid of loot completely and just give resources or money like some other threads have said.

I agree. For example, I think we should get loot from our own fallen as well as the enemies'. Also, the loot should be relevant to where the player is at in the game. It makes sense that a character that uses e.g. two handed weapons would be more inclined to choose two handed weapons from the loot stockpile and not thrown daggers - given both having similar value. Loot should stay interesting into longer playthroughs - depending on the enemy fought, ofc - looters (hah!) should not drop expensive items; an army lead by a king very well should.

Fighting larger, higher level forces (and improving roguery skill?) already does improve the loot - and some of it can be pretty good - even in the early-mid game, usually PC and companions gear will be almost entirely looted, until you have significant spare cash to buy upgrades. Agree with Galaxy Sword's suggestion of a 'repair' mechanic for damaged loot. For head, neck and footwear of course, it's the only (?) way of getting 'improved' (thick, tough, hardened) condition equipment.

Unless they are going to reduce the value of equipment fielded by troops then you can never get a representative set of loot. Currently there are soldiers who's if you got all of just one soldiers gear at market price you could buy a castle with it.
Personally I think they should massively reduce the value of all standard gear and then like in Warband add a slightly better Lordly class of gear for 10 x the price, which you could almost never get as loot to represent a end game cash sink/goal. As it stands you can get an army of people wearing armour for less than it would cost you to equip your character with the same suit.

No pls, loot value already is high enough to make any other economic stuff irrelevant... do not increase it pls, honestly i would vote to be nerfed!!

No pls, loot value already is high enough to make any other economic stuff irrelevant... do not increase it pls!!
yeah I do agree. I recommend equipment from battles to be retrieved as damaged equipment, with reduced stats depending on severity, and of course reduced price. If smithing also had a change to have a big chance to make terrible weapons which are low in value (the lower the smithing - unexperienced, the more chance for outright useless weapons), I would think that way they can balance the smithing tree too and equipment in general. Also if a hero/player character falls in battle and doesn't die, his equipment must suffer damage too. And a weapon should have to be kept in shape at the smithy, by grinding a sword for example etc or it loses its sharpness/damage.

It would be nice like other games to rarely get a top tier weapon or armor, you tell me every battle I defeat a lord I am never able to loot a top tier item, it doesn't need to be common but also does every item have to be cracked or broken.

Here is code part calculating expected loot value per killed troop :
xqaSd.png

As you see you get value of 440 denars of loot from a killed level-26 (tier-5) troop. If a tier-5 troop have 6 different items each value is 10K then 99% you get nothing from that killed troop. This is a big problem currently and equipment prices for especially high tier troops need to be lowered about 4-5x so that everything will make a bit more sense. If we want full realism and lower them 20-30x then it will create new problems sadly.

Also when you kill a lord again same formula works and you can get a level-26 lord's 100K armor with only x<0.1% chance (not 0.44% because he has more items than just 1 armor). Maybe we can make make expected loot value from a lord is 30-50x compared to regular soldiers then this probability can rise to 1%-5% which is more meaningful.

As I know there are works for changing item prices but I do not know how new numbers will be. I reported these problems to team.

Last edited:
Here is code part calculating expected loot value per killed troop :
xqaSd.png

As you see you get value of 440 denars of loot from a killed level-26 (tier-5) troop. If a tier-5 troop have 6 different items each value is 10K then 99% you get nothing from that killed troop. This is a big problem currently and equipment prices for especially high tier troops need to be lowered about 4-5x so that everything will make a bit more sense.

Also when you kill a lord again same formula works and you can get lord's 100K armor with only x<0.1% chance (not 0.44% because he has more items). Maybe we can make make expected loot value from a lord is 30-50x compared to regular soldiers then this probability can rise to 1%-5% which is more meaningful.
my apologies as I did not know we could get their items, I figured after 2,000 hours of game time I would have gotten it once. Also just to let you know I had my first siege defense, well almost since my kingdom peace'd out but it would have been a first

Fingers crossed, mexxico hopefully you can convince them to lower the prices of high tier armour significantly (long demanded) and to logically reformulate item armor protection values (what material protects more than what?).

giphy.gif

:wink: New rules in this monopoly now!

Last edited:
broken, cracked items like that should be worth a lot less so you don't make as much from battle since it's the #1 way to make money, but a small chance of great loot is nice since I wouldn't sell and would keep for myself or a companions

Now I got the document for new / old item prices. And what I see is changes seem good. Price of expensive items for high tier troops are generally reduced by 4-5x even some are 10x while low tier ones are usually similar :

anWdJ.png

Formula is still same by the way and which troop has which item data will not change. So you will get 440 value of expected loot from a killed tier-5 troop same as older versions. However it will make more sense with new reduced values and you will get see loot dropped from high tier troops after battles. I will try to make this formula 20x for nobles. So a level 26 lord will give 20x more expected loot which is about 9K. So you will get about 5-10% chance of getting his 50K item. (Even still leaving 50K item at battlefield not realistic it is better than 0.1%)

Last edited:
Further decimalisation of the money system e.g have a Deni that is worth 10% of a denar. Rags could be worth say 33 deni so selling one would bring in way less than one that's worth a minimum of one Denar. Personally i love RPG's with multiple coin values in a currency but well thats just me.

Now I got the document for new / old item prices. And what I see is changes seem good. Price of expensive items for high tier troops are generally reduced by 4-5x even some are 10x while low tier ones are usually similar :

anWdJ.png

Formula is still same by the way and which troop has which item data will not change. So you will get 440 value of expected loot from a killed tier-5 troop. However it will make more sense with new reduced values. I will try to make it 20x for nobles. So a level 26 lord will give 20x more expected loot which is about 9K.
will this take effect in 1.5.8?

Back
Top Bottom