Open Post: Armagan, We Could Use A Video Update Addressing Our Concerns

Users who are viewing this thread

I remember back when they first started talking about the street gangs and all the gameplay surrounding them. It sounded awesome, but I started to get a little worried after awhile because it seemed like street gangs was the only thing they ever talked about in relation to activities in town. I remember thinking at the time that I really hoped there would be more to do in towns than just street gangs. But no, we didn't even get the goddamn street gangs.

The game has more cut features than actual features.

The entire point of Early Access is to listen to people's complaint and adjust the game accordingly, so if you don't understand that people voice their complaints in these forums, the problem is really coming from you.
To be honest the communication has not improved or become much worse from the Alpha testing or the Beta testing phase of the game. In fact it has stayed about the same throughout the entire process of being available to players, closed or not. The communication is pretty lackluster, I wouldn't have invested in this game if I knew the state of development and the communication with players.

The entire point of Early Access is to listen to people's complaint and adjust the game accordingly, so if you don't understand that people voice their complaints in these forums, the problem is really coming from you.
EA could also be a financial motive, just be a way for developers/publishers to have free beta testers, and double dip when it gets a "full release."

I've decided to check in on Bannerlord MP's "progress". It isn't looking good, is it?
It's well documented that the vast changes compared to Warband were done because Taleworlds considered Warband MP not popular enough, which is funny in retrospect.
Really, the only sensible option is to abandon the current course and just make sure that MP modders have a strong platform so they can build something out of this smouldering ruin

I've decided to check in on Bannerlord MP's "progress". It isn't looking good, is it?
It's well documented that the vast changes compared to Warband were done because Taleworlds considered Warband MP not popular enough, which is funny in retrospect.
Really, the only sensible option is to abandon the current course and just make sure that MP modders have a strong platform so they can build something out of this smouldering ruin
If things aren't bright for singleplayer imagine for multiplayer, there has been what? 1 or 2 new maps since release and just tweaks + nerfs here and there lmao

Warband's multiplayer was awesome and not a single soul in existence wanted it to change like TW did, people wanted more of it and improved (and custom servers, this game's multiplayer lives and breathes community events and mods).

They did all those changes trying to attract more casual players and the e-sports crowd, the thing is, medieval melee combat games are a niche, their multiplayer even more so and no amount of dumbing down to cod-levels will change that.

TW already had success in this scene (to the limits of a niche category), they didn't needed to change multiplayer but only improve it from the tested and beloved formula in warband, nor only will they not attract those casual people and e-sports crowd but they are driving their loyal fans away with all their guilds, clans, regiments etc, it's easier to find a good match in warband so many years after it's golden age than in the freshly released bannerlord and that's saying something.

The game has more cut features than actual features.
While I agree with you I think that this is kind of par for the course in a lot of games in development. I mean devs have these great ideas they want to include and either they can't make it work correctly, it's too much of an effort for little return or management shoots them down. That being said TW really shouldn't have made all those dev blogs about features unless they were pretty sure they would make it in one way or another.
Honestly I just want TW to finish up rebellions, the education system, maybe put in a few more quests, oh and fix the ****ing siege pathing and then release this because it's evident that TW isn't going to put out a game that fans want. Let modders get a hold of this and it can move forward.

If things aren't bright for singleplayer imagine for multiplayer, there has been what? 1 or 2 new maps since release and just tweaks + nerfs here and there lmao

Warband's multiplayer was awesome and not a single soul in existence wanted it to change like TW did, people wanted more of it and improved (and custom servers, this game's multiplayer lives and breathes community events and mods).

They did all those changes trying to attract more casual players and the e-sports crowd, the thing is, medieval melee combat games are a niche, their multiplayer even more so and no amount of dumbing down to cod-levels will change that.

TW already had success in this scene (to the limits of a niche category), they didn't needed to change multiplayer but only improve it from the tested and beloved formula in warband, nor only will they not attract those casual people and e-sports crowd but they are driving their loyal fans away with all their guilds, clans, regiments etc, it's easier to find a good match in warband so many years after it's golden age than in the freshly released bannerlord and that's saying something.
Yes, it's super niche! I think i tend to forget this when talking with other people about Bannerlord or when I'm on this forum – but I also think TW themselves forget that sometimes. I remember before EA, I showed a friend of mine the early access footage of a siege. For me it was huge! The amount of AI units, the siege ladders, the battering ram etc. But my friend, he couldn't care less about it. "The graphics aren't as good as Assassin Creed Odyssey", is all I remember him saying. That really says a lot about what the general "gaming community" thinks when they see Bannerlord.

That's why it hurts to see them dumbing down features/AI decisions/immersion to fit consoles, just to be ignored by the more action-oriented crowd anyways. The game is not going to be played by anyone by then.

Mods are the only way I see of it becoming a worthy successor to Warband at this point.

That's why it hurts to see them dumbing down features/AI decisions/immersion to fit consoles, just to be ignored by the more action-oriented crowd anyways. The game is not going to be played by anyone by then.
The action players will move on quickly, after buying the game based on hype. And that's why the Taleworlds business logic of making a more action-oriented, simplified, youtuber-friendly game makes sense. Those players are worth millions and probably outnumber the hardcore fans by a lot.
The best we can hope for is a design that makes both kinds of players happy.

As I and plenty of others have said at least a million times, if the goal is to "sell out" and appeal to the largest possible MP audience, then surely you'd do that by trying to deliver "epic battles" and high amounts of customisation, not 6v6 with rigid classes, right?
Over all, it isn't fair to say that Bannerlord is just dumbed down. They dumbed down many aspects, but they also added pointless complexity in areas where it isn't warranted!

As I and plenty of others have said already, if the goal is to "sell out" and appeal to the largest possible MP audience, then surely you'd do that by trying to deliver "epic battles" and high amounts of customisation, not 6v6 with rigid classes, right?
Over all, it isn't fair to say that Bannerlord is just dumbed down. They dumbed down many aspects, but they also added pointless complexity in areas where it isn't warranted!
Absolutely... ? ?
giphy.gif

The action players will move on quickly, after buying the game based on hype. And that's why the Taleworlds business logic of making a more action-oriented, simplified, youtuber-friendly game makes sense. Those players are worth millions and probably outnumber the hardcore fans by a lot.
The best we can hope for is a design that makes both kinds of players happy.

Can it even really be called an "Action RPG" though? When playing on realistic, an accurate rock to the dome from a looter can take you down. Nah, I don't know how any honest person can call this an "Action RPG" its more like a battle simulator with a tiny sprinkling of action/rpg/sandbox elements. (Single player wise - I haven't dabbled in the MP)

Although, I would best describe this game as a total failure of imagination.

When playing on realistic, an accurate rock to the dome from a looter can take you down.
now I want to see an anime-like animation with an epic soundtrack and an epic looter-man just doing spins in the air and throwing rocks destroying parties. Like a god among men

Mods are the only way I see of it becoming a worthy successor to Warband at this point.
yeah I kind of have to agree at this point... seems like the only way multiplayer will become popular will be through fun and well-thought out mods. If some kind of fun/ridiculous mod comes out, or a very high quality graphics-wise and gameplay-wise and makes its way in the vods/clips of twitch/youtube, then I can see it becoming more popular, but highest chance is that it will just remain a niche title at this point...

I don't understand peoples complaints. I don't and never have. The game is brilliant. It looks great. It plays great. It's taken the formula of Warband and improved it.

What key features from warband are missing? Feasts? Books?

I just don't get people saying they hate the game. I don't. And when people say they hate bannerlord - it just sounds like they hate warband and wanted bannerlord to be something different. Bannerlord is just warband with nice graphics.

If you don't understand, let me try to help you, by clearing up some misconceptions you have.

Feasts and books are not the only features that people miss from from Warband. See this whole list. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...kwards-in-multiple-areas-from-warband.431963/

Bannerlord has not "taken the formula of Warband and improved it" -- not overall. It has actually slightly regressed in total depth and immersion from Warband, which is a huge crime for a sequel. And that's why it's definitely not "Warband with nice graphics."

Bannerlord does not "play great" either. If you think that, I'm not sure if you are playing the same game as everyone else. Bannerlord is fun for a little while, but only very briefly, because nearly every major feature is somehow broken, lacking depth, or unfinished: field battle AI, siege AI/siege weapons, morale, campaign map AI, economy, faction balance, smithing, dynastic mechanics, the still mostly-untouched crime system, caravans, perk trees, clans, tournament rewards, etc. By comparison, Warband is far more stable and functional.

Of course, Bannerlord not being complete is forgivable because it's still in development. But that doesn't mean you should go around pretending that there's no problems at all and the game is perfect and better in every way than Warband. Hopefully this has all made sense to you.
I would like them to fix the bugs, optimizations, and some AI behaviours that modders cannot easily modify, and just release the game without worrying about all the 'missing' and promised features.
They have made huge amounts of money off the hype for Bannerlord. They can afford to stretch the development to make Bannerlord a truly good sequel that improves in every aspect from the prior game and delivers on the features they have promised, and they definitely should; it's their job, it's the whole reason we all paid them money.

If 10 people could make M&B1+Warband, it shouldn't be considered some massive unreasonable task for for 100 people to recreate that.

Let's be honest. The fact that no "Community Manager" has replied to this says all we need to know.
They don't really care anymore.

For me it seems that the big boys over at TW only care about making fast money at this point and getting the game ready for consoles.
It is only thanks to a few individuals, like Jesus Mexxico that I still have hopes.

If you don't understand, let me try to help you, by clearing up some misconceptions you have.

Feasts and books are not the only features that people miss from from Warband. See this whole list. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...kwards-in-multiple-areas-from-warband.431963/

Bannerlord has not "taken the formula of Warband and improved it" -- not overall. It has actually slightly regressed in total depth and immersion from Warband, which is a huge crime for a sequel. And that's why it's definitely not "Warband with nice graphics."

Bannerlord does not "play great" either. If you think that, I'm not sure if you are playing the same game as everyone else. Bannerlord is fun for a little while, but only very briefly, because nearly every major feature is somehow broken, lacking depth, or unfinished: field battle AI, siege AI/siege weapons, morale, campaign map AI, economy, faction balance, smithing, dynastic mechanics, the still mostly-untouched crime system, caravans, perk trees, clans, tournament rewards, etc. By comparison, Warband is far more stable and functional.

Of course, Bannerlord not being complete is forgivable because it's still in development. But that doesn't mean you should go around pretending that there's no problems at all and the game is perfect and better in every way than Warband. Hopefully this has all made sense to you.

They have made huge amounts of money off the hype for Bannerlord. They can afford to stretch the development to make Bannerlord a truly good sequel that improves in every aspect from the prior game and delivers on the features they have promised, and they definitely should; it's their job, it's the whole reason we all paid them money.

If 10 people could make M&B1+Warband, it shouldn't be considered some massive unreasonable task for for 100 people to recreate that.
I would like to add that on top of this, they have made quite a few development choices that a lot of the community is not happy about.

Let's be honest. The fact that no "Community Manager" has replied to this says all we need to know.
They don't really care anymore.
That's very much false. We care about the game and we care about our community. Your suggestions and feedback are gathered from various platforms, including this forum. These suggestions and feedback are then brought up in dedicated meetings where they’re evaluated and processed by the relevant developers.

Any implications that Armagan himself doesn't care or isn't involved in the development are likewise very much false.

I have been collecting various community game-related questions and concerns and will see if I can get an answer for them. Speaking for myself only, please feel free to tag me on our forums whenever you would like to clear up something, provide feedback on a certain feature or make a suggestion for a new one.

At this stage, I would also like to encourage you to use the relevant subforums:

I have been collecting various community game-related questions and concerns and will see if I can get an answer for them. Speaking for myself only, please feel free to tag me on our forums whenever you would like to clear up something, provide feedback on a certain feature or make a suggestion for a new one.

Thks for collect the feedback, let's hope that they change their mind about latest decicions.

That's very much false. We care about the game and we care about our community. Your suggestions and feedback are gathered from various platforms, including this forum. These suggestions and feedback are then brought up in dedicated meetings where they’re evaluated and processed by the relevant developers.
Could you guys start making quick posts in the suggestion threads when you have read the suggestions and have decided whether to implement them or not?
Right now it feels like the suggestions are there, but nobody from Taleworlds is paying attention to them. Because of this many suggestions are getting reposted over and over again and nobody knows if they're actually going to lead to anything.

Back
Top Bottom