Selective targeting for formations in battles.

Users who are viewing this thread

That is unfortunately not how game dev works.
Yes, they theoretically have more control over the code, but they also have to make sure the changes they are making play nicely with all the other features (something modders can to an extent ignore) and, more importantly, if the management even allows them to make said change, as it might be deemed not worth it, or not a priority.

So could TW do it? Sure. Would it be as simple as for a modder to do it? Unfortunately, that's a no.

I was not implying that they should roll it out right away without proper testing.

The developers also have access to a level of QA testing that a modder would not. If this is rolled out, I do not expect it right away, but several patches from now.

This community suggestion was brought forward before but was rejected. I'll make sure to bring it up again.

Thanks - RTS camera right now is a popular mod, and you will often find Youtubers and the like making the most of it.

This community suggestion was brought forward before but was rejected. I'll make sure to bring it up again.
When bringing this up as a suggestion please separate the camera part from the command request, the later should be something like this: be able to designate a target for group orders, like charge, move to, face, etc. It's just my opinion, but the RTS camera part is really a bit out of the M&B II first person style game. However I feel an approval would have a bigger chance if asked separately.

When bringing this up as a suggestion please separate the camera part from the command request, the later should be something like this: be able to designate a target for group orders, like charge, move to, face, etc. It's just my opinion, but the RTS camera part is really a bit out of the M&B II first person style game. However I feel an approval would have a bigger chance if asked separately.
Agreed, RTS camera is unnecessary to me and something that can be added by mods if someone wants it, M&B combat unlike total war is being that character there in the middle of the action while still being able to give commands to your soldiers, just want that part to work better with more control over what they are doing (like telling my guys whom to attack, where to move, where to face, which weapon class to use etc)

I think it might be something to do with what @Ling* said in his post above. This was part of my initial concern as well. But I could not put it into words as effective as some others in this thread now have :>

Simply put is that the feature would be too good and take away from what the original M&B experinece is supposed to be and what type of game the devs are aiming for it to be. However, I still believe the idea could be implemented with some countermeasures to the AI or in a simpler form as Ling also mentioned. But I might be wrong, I'm not a developer.

I don't know how the AI behaves in battles now seeing as I haven't played the game since last April. But if it's similiar to what it was back then, anything would be better, and this was on the top of my list.

I don't think that ordering formations to target specific other formations is too much micromanagement. It's the most basic of battlefield orders. I do think that ordering formations step by step using F1-> F1 is too much micromanagement, taking away from the core expereince of being a commander on a battlefield, fighting amidst our troops.

Not specifically targetting your post, I'm just saying there seems to be immense conceptual dissonance on TW's side.

NEW WAR ORDERS system
The first thread concerns the review not only of orders, but of the method by which the player presses the buttons that allow them to be given.
This change makes the system more intuitive, less chaotic, and provides a greater number of 1 or 2 key combinations that increase the number of orders that can be entered into the game.
Among the reinterpretations there is also the possibility to select a single target or many targets, whether they are enemies or allies.
There is also a strategic retreat, which keeps the unit's line of sight facing in a fixed direction as it moves backwards (for example with shields raised).
There is much more.

CREATE BATTLE FORMATION AND TACTICAL ORDERS system
This thread goes in combination with the one written above and suggests the implementation of a system for the creation of battle formations to be inserted in one of the slots of the personal formations, which will then be selectable in battle.
Virtually anything can be created.

Would be nice to see it in the base game, a target option when you select a group then highlight the circle representing a enemy force when your holding alt to focus that group on the group in question would be great and most of the parts are already there.

Back
Top Bottom