I Have No Control Over My Vassals - I accidently started an Oligarchy

Users who are viewing this thread

this is the type of sandbox element I think players are looking for!
Exactly, loved the idea btw, would be great to have consequences to badly leading an army, warband had the controversy feature, in bannerlord it could be tied to relationships and traits like some lords would be pissed if you called them to an army and avoided danger but at the same time would be pissed if you led them to failure, they want to fight and they want to win and that would improve relations with them.

this kinda of thing would be amazing for the sandbox game, i would love if the lords could refuse summons or disobey you, hell the more infighting in the game the better to me, i want kingdoms tearing each other apart in civil wars after some bad defeats and pissed lords, even infight inside clans themselves would be awesome in place of the hivemind we have now etc

Exactly, loved the idea btw, would be great to have consequences to badly leading an army, warband had the controversy feature, in bannerlord it could be tied to relationships and traits like some lords would be pissed if you called them to an army and avoided danger but at the same time would be pissed if you led them to failure, they want to fight and they want to win and that would improve relations with them.

this kinda of thing would be amazing for the sandbox game, i would love if the lords could refuse summons or disobey you, hell the more infighting in the game the better to me, i want kingdoms tearing each other apart in civil wars after some bad defeats and pissed lords, even infight inside clans themselves would be awesome etc

This is why we need distinct personalities per lord. For instance if one of your Lords was a known hothead and sore loser -dont risk bringing him along a battle you may lose etc..and if you did and LOSE -he would never honor your requests again etc etc.. theres millions of possibilities if those types of traits are baked in from the beginning and the game would emerge dynamically and different everytime

this kinda of thing would be amazing for the sandbox game, i would love if the lords could refuse summons or disobey you, hell the more infighting in the game the better to me, i want kingdoms tearing each other apart in civil wars after some bad defeats and pissed lords, even infight inside clans themselves would be awesome in place of the hivemind we have now etc
This is why we need distinct personalities per lord. For instance if one of your Lords was a known hothead and sore loser -dont risk bringing him along a battle you may lose etc..and if you did and LOSE -he would never honor your requests again etc etc.. theres millions of possibilities if those types of traits are baked in from the beginning and the game would emerge dynamically and different everytime
its settled. we know that this is sandboxeable

I'm sure you're aware but warband had something similar to this too, a basic personality system for lords. It determined how likely a lord was to rebel or betray you in your new kingdom. Maybe the decision makers of TW can revisit their previous game and implement and improve that feature for Bannerlord.

I'm sure you're aware but warband had something similar to this too, a basic personality system for lords. It determined how likely a lord was to rebel or betray you in your new kingdom. Maybe the decision makers of TW can revisit their previous game and implement and improve that feature for Bannerlord.
yup, it was kinda basic but it was there in warband, loved the drama that came will it especially when trying to establish a new kingdom, learned the hardway that you should only accept the best lords in your service, quality vs quantity and all that, first kingdom i formed i recruited anyone willingly to pledge themselves to me only for these assholes to make my kingly life a living hell with their rebelling and never being happy with any decision i made that wasn't in their direct benefit, it was great for RP and eventually i learned what kind of lords would make the best vassals and purged the rest.

Some people are disappointed about the decision. But the game is not an RTS, they even stated that in the comments. You play as one person in the world, not as a floating above the map god that can see everything. It feels like some people want this game to become ck2 or ck3 with an option to participate in battle via 3rd person camera. I am not saying heaving more RTS elements is a bad thing, but I do not think it is necessary to make the game better. For those who really want it though, I 100% know there will be a mod for you guys.

But the game is not an RTS
I keep hearing this and it's a lame excuse. Kings and others sent messengers with orders, they didn't go everywhere to tell everyone personally what to do.
It doesn't matter if it's RTS or you just call it RTS. Is it more realistic? Does it give the player agency? YES and YES. So it needs to be done.
If you complain that instant messaging is not realistic enough, send messenger parties with the orders, so there will be a (realistic) delay between issueing and receiving orders. But this doesn't really bring much to the player experience.

Some people are disappointed about the decision. But the game is not an RTS, they even stated that in the comments. You play as one person in the world, not as a floating above the map god that can see everything. It feels like some people want this game to become ck2 or ck3 with an option to participate in battle via 3rd person camera. I am not saying heaving more RTS elements is a bad thing, but I do not think it is necessary to make the game better. For those who really want it though, I 100% know there will be a mod for you guys.
oh i don't want a fullblown RTS, all i want is a more immersive game and at the very minimum the basic features warband had and if possible expanded a bit to be more interesting, warband had many awesome and immersive features but sadly most of them were shallow (understandably a product of it's time), bannerlord just erased many of them without any kind of replacement.

marriage mini-game? speech-check instead
skill books? nothing
controversy? nothing
right to rule? nothing
claimants? nothing
giving suggestions to other lords or asking for support in military endeavors? nothing for now and most of it was rejected in their recent meeting according to Mexxico
making camp to rest in the world map? just the wait button
making companions into lords with distinctive personalities base on their background and reactions from other lords to it? nothing
distinctive personalities of AI lords? just the trait system that don't seem to affect anything in their decision making for now

Its simple...if your vassal acts like a jerk...expel him from kingdom :razz: also maybe we could create other armies with companions insted they run like headleass chickens on groups of +/- 100 troops raiding villages and getting captured..NOW please fix the constant companion dumping troops in vassals towns/castles,,that yes its an annoying feature @mexxico ty :smile:

Yeah and i find it bizarre that someone on their team decided to take away personalities and just make them random -why?? Who asked for that?! Makes me think they are totally out of touch with their fanbase and just started coming up with random rookie ideas and somehow they passed their little committee of higher ups.. Taleworlds your outta touch with the people who supported you and got you where you are today -please reconsider

Mods guys, whoever is in charge of these decisions likes bland arcade gameplay. Thank you Mexxico for trying to help.

This game has better graphics than Warband, but the direction is not what I expected, and I can say officially that I do not like it. It has zero personality/depth; just battles with menu pages and scenes that are pointless for the player to visit.

Does the "decision group" play this game? The suggestion page is pointless, they reject 99% ideas.

It's boring as hell, there's nothing to do and the player has zero connectivity to the NPCs in the entire campaign. Viking Conquest is 10x better than this. Without mods I would have un installed this months ago. Please finish the game TW so the modders can make it fun, thanks.

Last edited:
NOW please fix the constant companion dumping troops in vassals towns/castles,,that yes its an annoying feature
This isn't a bug, it's a feature, so there's no need to fix anything. Don't go into a kingdom then, stay neutral. Better garrisons means harder to take fiefs and stronger kingdom.

Also means drain on your money if you are lucky and get a castle. We should be able to tell them to stop or at least set a limit how big we want our garrison. Big garrison also means less food and hunger, if unchecked.

I don't understand why giving an extra tool to the player to use it if he wants would "complicate" the game considering these features were already available in warband.
I discovered warband a few months after release of EA bannerlord and I am glad I played it before purchasing Bannerlord. The campaign feels much more engaging in warband compared to bannerlord simply because I have a CHOICE to suggest actions to fellow lords or king or as a king issue a task to a certain lord through simple dialogue which simply can't be done in bannerlord. If the suggested action goes wrong it would effect of relationship with the lord. As a part of Marshal's army I can suggest an action to the marshal(which he may or may not take) if I think AI is doing something stupid, which is not possible when I am part of a lord's army in bannerlord. As a marshal I have a CHOICE to either force the lords following to either raid the same village or split them up to raid nearby villages while I scout ahead for the enemy which again is not possible in bannerlord and you're stuck with all lords in your army of a size of more than 1k raiding the same village. You can suggest lords/vassals to flee,patrol, go to, raid or siege in warband if you want to through simple dialogues and you had a CHOICE to completely ignore it if you want and the ai would carry on with whatever task it was doing. Lords could completely ignore your suggestion if they had some other priority.
Taking away this choice from the player makes the game less sandboxy imo cause I believe player freeness/choice is a core feature of sandbox games

I don't understand why giving an extra tool to the player to use it if he wants would "complicate" the game considering these features were already available in warband.
I discovered warband a few months after release of EA bannerlord and I am glad I played it before purchasing Bannerlord. The campaign feels much more engaging in warband compared to bannerlord simply because I have a CHOICE to suggest actions to fellow lords or king or as a king issue a task to a certain lord through simple dialogue which simply can't be done in bannerlord. If the suggested action goes wrong it would effect of relationship with the lord. As a part of Marshal's army I can suggest an action to the marshal(which he may or may not take) if I think AI is doing something stupid, which is not possible when I am part of a lord's army in bannerlord. As a marshal I have a CHOICE to either force the lords following to either raid the same village or split them up to raid nearby villages while I scout ahead for the enemy which again is not possible in bannerlord and you're stuck with all lords in your army of a size of more than 1k raiding the same village. You can suggest lords/vassals to flee,patrol, go to, raid or siege in warband if you want to through simple dialogues and you had a CHOICE to completely ignore it if you want and the ai would carry on with whatever task it was doing. Lords could completely ignore your suggestion if they had some other priority.
Taking away this choice from the player makes the game less sandboxy imo cause I believe player freeness/choice is a core feature of sandbox games
This is the kind of commentary @armagan should be reading.

(y) Totally agree.

TW if you don't want add new features , at least stop with that mini patches that are spoiling the mods, this game are becoming unplayable.
Playing this game without this Mod, Party AI, is a return to the world of the brainless.
Just finish this EA bul**** and let the modders work in the details, I'm seeing they abandoning this game, because of these constant fixes that add nothing to the game and make it unplayable, is that without some mods this game is very, very limited.

Lol, developers should learn from modders what people want to see in-game...shame
Party AI Overhaul and Commands mod made the managing kingdom actually enjoyable.

Developers...please check mods and see what people like to see in-game...I mean if modder with no payroll can make something better than one on the payroll...that's just lame.

Back
Top Bottom