With all these Events popping up where is 1-life Gamemode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Title says the jist of what im getting at. It is obvious that the community is yearning for a large scale 1-life gamemode similar if not the same as what we had in Warband. So i'll ask how are we progressing with this? The community is becoming increasingly desperate for such a gamemode and simply trying to artificially create it out of the existing siege or tdm gamemodes can only go so far. So where are we on this issue and how long will we have to wait until we get the gamemode we have been asking for since Beta?

We had an epic battle event in december. The organizers even had to turn people away, since the server could not allow more people.
*Edit* With TDM as base that is. But it shows the demand is out there. Not only with the competitive community, but also with the larger casual clans.
*Edit 2* I now see what you were referring to.

Last edited:
We are all waiting for it. It's baffling how Taleworlds is not making it a priority at this point. We are slowly approaching a year of EA and still no official statement or approximate release date for both private servers and single-life mode.

We are all waiting for it. It's baffling how Taleworlds is not making it a priority at this point. We are slowly approaching a year of EA and still no official statement or approximate release date for both private servers and single-life mode.
Release date? Bruh, i don't even think they started working on them. Their only concern right now is maintaining the servers up. And in the near future the interaction between the masterserver and battle servers in matchmaking for skins. Except that i don't believe much progress will be made.

It's ironic that Battle (one-life-mode) was removed due to TW thinking casuals wouldn't like it, but some of the highest demand for Battle is from casuals.

Getting the overstretched class-system balanced for yet another mode can't be easy. For the sake of casuals, I wonder if a mode that was simply divided between Light and Heavy troops, toggleable by the event host, would work out well enough.

Release date? Bruh, i don't even think they started working on them. Their only concern right now is maintaining the servers up. And in the near future the interaction between the masterserver and battle servers in matchmaking for skins. Except that i don't believe much progress will be made.
That would be if they are trying to introduce microtransactions but there is no strong evidence of such a thing. Who would be willing to buy skins for skirmish anyway?

That would be if they are trying to introduce microtransactions but there is no strong evidence of such a thing. Who would be willing to buy skins for skirmish anyway?
There are no microtransactions. And still not sure how they intend to enforce the skin system on private servers when they come out. Their official servers will have them without a doubt.

I can't really blame taleworlds for not putting in a battle mode. I haven't seen a populated battle server on Warband for years except in mods like mercs and crpg.

I wonder if a 60 player skirmish server would be any good as I just can't see a one life battle mode being fun with the current class system. Make pretending battle on TDM is just sad at this point.

Last edited:
You obviously have missed out on the fact the mods for Warband have Battle mode as a regular occurence. There are weekly events in the mode and on siege on the official Napoleonic Wars mod. The interest is out there.

You obviously have missed out on the fact the mods for Warband have Battle mode as a regular occurence. There are weekly events in the mode and on siege on the official Napoleonic Wars mod. The interest is out there.
Yea I've seen battle mode played in mods but never in Warband Native and I've checked off and on for around 6 years. I just assume taleworlds thought it would not be popular in Bannerlord cus it was never popular in Native Warband. Battle mode was my favorite game mode but I just think that the things that made it fun are just not here in Bannerlord because of the class system.

Why would people expect Battle mode in Bannerlord Native when noone played it on Warband Native?

Last edited:
Yea I've seen battle mode played in mods but never in Warband Native and I've checked off and on for around 6 years. I just assume taleworlds thought it would not be popular in Bannerlord cus it was never popular in Native Warband. Battle mode was my favorite game mode but I just think that the things that made it fun are just not here in Bannerlord because of the class system.

Why would people expect Battle mode in Bannerlord Native when noone played it on Warband Native?
Let's just forget how the whole competitive scene used battle , how almost each single event in warband had to do with the battle gamemode.

Let's just forget how the whole competitive scene used battle , how almost each single event in warband had to do with the battle gamemode.
True but I thought it was strange that there were never any populated public battle servers for native since they were so popular in mods. The only servers with pop I saw there were TDM, Duel and Siege.

True but I thought it was strange that there were never any populated public battle servers for native since they were so popular in mods. The only servers with pop I saw there were TDM, Duel and Siege.
Mostly because vanilla units, items and factions were pretty lame compared to what other mods offered. Same with bannerlord today, very few would be playing skirmish mode or the vanilla game today if we had custom servers and modding.

There was a populated battle server for about 6 years, it just died around 2017 or so, but it had a good run.

Though it was never my favourite mode (way too much down-time IMPO) battle mode is important for events and I can respect that it is important for those that want it. Overall it seems like an easy enough win for Taleworlds to 'Throw the Dog a Bone' so to speak.

Overall I just don't think MP is a priority for TW right now; and again honestly I can see their point. If I was TW and I was going to pick either SP or MP to throw all my weight behind to get it ready asap; which would you choose?

I have a feeling TW have a big full Multiplayer release planned at some point - think of the features they are holding back;

Custom Servers
3rd Perk Slot
Cosmetics
New Game Modes
New Maps
MP Music

We know they are working on all these things - perhaps they mean to drop it in one huge MP release.

Though it was never my favourite mode (way too much down-time IMPO) battle mode is important for events and I can respect that it is important for those that want it. Overall it seems like an easy enough win for Taleworlds to 'Throw the Dog a Bone' so to speak.

Overall I just don't think MP is a priority for TW right now; and again honestly I can see their point. If I was TW and I was going to pick either SP or MP to throw all my weight behind to get it ready asap; which would you choose?

I have a feeling TW have a big full Multiplayer release planned at some point - think of the features they are holding back;

Custom Servers
3rd Perk Slot
Cosmetics
New Game Modes
New Maps
MP Music

We know they are working on all these things - perhaps they mean to drop it in one huge MP release.
One of those is holding the whole community back.

Even if MP isn't their priority, it doesn't mean they can just completely neglect all of it.

Custom servers are a top priority, despite we all knowing MP is not a priority. You don't have to put all of MP into a "less priority" bag where there are things that obviously need more priority then for example a settlements not being named right in SP.

But for some reason they decided to put ALL of MP in the same bag which is utterly stupid.

One of those is holding the whole community back.

Even if MP isn't their priority, it doesn't mean they can just completely neglect all of it.

Custom servers are a top priority, despite we all knowing MP is not a priority. You don't have to put all of MP into a "less priority" bag where there are things that obviously need more priority then for example a settlements not being named right in SP.

But for some reason they decided to put ALL of MP in the same bag which is utterly stupid.
I'll admit I'm very surprised they haven't dropped custom servers yet. I get they want people playing and testing vanilla - but it would certainly take a lot of pressure of their backs.

I am looking forward to battle mode being introduced back into the game, not sure why it was ever taken out,

i wish a tale worlds member was lurking here to give us a hint when a 1-life mode will be introduced or custom servers so we can make battle mode ourselves and give back the gold system in equipment selection

still want to say thank you to taleworlds this is the only series that interest me without this game i dont think i would even play much video games.

Back
Top Bottom