Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

Totally agree with your post I would like to know how many people who agree with the 1000 cap have actually traded. As you know if you get to 300 you deserve some decent perks but a 1000 denars no thanks.
I don't understand why they need to cap a 250 skill perk that only makes money. I've never done trading because it's perks are completely irrelevant for the player. There's few goodies a governor could make use of, but that's not possible.
Does TW think 1k passive income is a lot? It's not. It's like a poor town + villages amount before garrison costs.
To me, anyone leveling trading more then the first few perks clearly is going for the 300 perk and intends to buy towns without going to war. So why nerf their money when that's the only reason to play that way? If you you fight for loot then the whole thing goes down the toilet because you just take whatever towns you want. Trading is a completely different RP type of gameplay and has not way to be compared to standard warfare style of gameplay.

BTW why does trade have a 300 perk? Why does 2 handed only have 250 perk? This is some silly stuff and there' so much work that need to be done still to save skills/perks and character development.

You can get like 30k+ a day easily just roaming around and annihilating the AI lords. The only slow down is emptying all the nearby towns of their cash.

I don't remember if I already reported this but right now children are born only having the mother's culture. It used to be gender matched: sons had the father's culture, daughters inherited their mother's.

Also, while traits are working for characters again, the minor factions get an odd distribution where the leader has his own traits and they are fine, but his three underlings all have the same traits as each other.

I don't understand why they need to cap a 250 skill perk that only makes money. I've never done trading because it's perks are completely irrelevant for the player. There's few goodies a governor could make use of, but that's not possible.
Does TW think 1k passive income is a lot? It's not. It's like a poor town + villages amount before garrison costs.
To me, anyone leveling trading more then the first few perks clearly is going for the 300 perk and intends to buy towns without going to war. So why nerf their money when that's the only reason to play that way? If you you fight for loot then the whole thing goes down the toilet because you just take whatever towns you want. Trading is a completely different RP type of gameplay and has not way to be compared to standard warfare style of gameplay.

BTW why does trade have a 300 perk? Why does 2 handed only have 250 perk? This is some silly stuff and there' so much work that need to be done still to save skills/perks and character development.

You can get like 30k+ a day easily just roaming around and annihilating the AI lords. The only slow down is emptying all the nearby towns of their cash.

Yeah, I made a post last year around may I think about how trading was really OP, showed me making 2 mil in 10 hours of just trading and using caravans when they were OP too.
Trading is still decent but only early game, and at some point, even if it is still profitable, you will want to get some passive income so you don't keep running around the map trading and actually start playing as a vassal.

They nerfed passive income to the ground, good workshops barely make any money and they also capped how many you can have, caravans are not making you any money or randomly surge for a couple of days and give you like 700 a day.
Fief income is a joke as it costs more to maintain them than they produce, even with high prosperity and a really good governor. Being given towns/castles is now a burden rather than a privilege.
The only good way to make money now is post-battle loot from fighting lords.

Leveling up skills becomes way too slow at some point. Of course skill points should take longer to level up the more you level up, but I think if they changed it to something like gradually increasing the XP required to level up a skill up to, let's say, 100 skill points, and from then on it takes just as long from 100 to 101,102 etc as it takes from 99 to 100, rather than increasing the XP required from each skillpoint to the next. You will still feel like progressing, and it's not taking too little or too long to level up from then on.

I`m also getting sensitive when I see that the performance problems are moved to the Solved Issues forum while nothing is fixed at all. Not even a reaction after I spend a whole day figuring out which issue exists on which branch and what might be fixed or not

A little bit better after I made a clean reinstallation but still too annoying for me to play for more than a few minutes. Video here:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/performance-decrease-since-beta-1-5-6.436471/

I found that it completely eliminated the UI problems I was having.

I found that it completely eliminated the UI problems I was having.
tenor.gif

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but this has happened twice: Open up Steam and Bannerlord has been uninstalled without any action by me. Once, most of the files were still there and it just updated a few when I installed. Yesterday, it reinstalled. I don't *think* that is the issue since I had already tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

If it is any consolation, I joined Sturgia and they are terribly weak. Barely holding on.

Has cavalry spawn on the mountain in desert battles been fixed?
Fixed missing high-level armor on sale?

My cavalry still spawns on hills, and suicides
As for the high level equipment, it started to apear but its expensive, 300k for good armor, noble bow i think 200k and so on.

I also am unsatisfied with the economy of the game right now. Am I the only one who went bankrupt in this game?

In this playthrough I rush to create my own kingdom to see the main story's missions, so I didn't create many relationships with the other clans and created the kingdom as soon as I reached rank 4 with just one castle. Right away I had to make peace with sturgia for 600. Okay it's still plausible, I will try to conquer a city of the rebels to get enough money. After conquer it, I was attacked by 3 more kingdoms and for each one I have to pay 1000 denars (not at the same time, but they declared war right after I declare peace). And since I had no vassal (I somehow managed to convert one by offering loot later) I still need to pay mercenaries to fight for my kingdom which add up to over 3000 expenses. At some point, I managed to have 5 caravans and 3 workshops running at the same time and I just couldn't afford it all. Now I have a debt of more than 1 million denars (thankfully they didn't block the option of hiring mercenaries with no money, otherwise my kingdom wouldn't even be able to protect itself) and the only other option I have in this playthrough would be to keep at war with half the world, since I also cannot undo my kingdom.

I also am unsatisfied with the economy of the game right now. Am I the only one who went bankrupt in this game?

In this playthrough I rush to create my own kingdom to see the main story's missions, so I didn't create many relationships with the other clans and created the kingdom as soon as I reached rank 4 with just one castle. Right away I had to make peace with sturgia for 600. Okay it's still plausible, I will try to conquer a city of the rebels to get enough money. After conquer it, I was attacked by 3 more kingdoms and for each one I have to pay 1000 denars (not at the same time, but they declared war right after I declare peace). And since I had no vassal (I somehow managed to convert one by offering loot later) I still need to pay mercenaries to fight for my kingdom which add up to over 3000 expenses. At some point, I managed to have 5 caravans and 3 workshops running at the same time and I just couldn't afford it all. Now I have a debt of more than 1 million denars (thankfully they didn't block the option of hiring mercenaries with no money, otherwise my kingdom wouldn't even be able to protect itself) and the only other option I have in this playthrough would be to keep at war with half the world, since I also cannot undo my kingdom.
ahh... rushing kingdom creation is always a bad idea be it bannerlord or warband, you need relationships, troops and money, rivers of money.

I would not consider this as something unusual. To get thorough the initial phase of your kingdom is challenging all the time. Especially financially. The fact that you rushed into it without proper preps doesn't help either.

In the city, the market is full of food, yet there is hunger in the city ?!
The population scatters and does not even want to buy food for a cheap price? What nonsense ... Remove population reduction debuffs from villages. If the player does not do the quests, the population falls, because of this, the population of the villages does not grow at all.
In update 1.5.7. The loading time of various menus increased dramatically: the screen of the squad, character, inventory and other. Optimization was not very successful ... In addition, yesterday after the hotfix, I started having problems with the font: some words on the screen began to overlap each other.

Hotfix 21/01/21

Singleplayer
  • Fixed a crash related to trade penalties that were occurring when engaging looters. (Also in e1.5.6 hotfix.)
  • Swapped the Athletics and Riding skill ratings of the Sea Raider Chief troop.
  • Fixed the Duelist perk secondary effect, rewarding 300 renown for tournaments. (Also in e1.5.6 hotfix.)
  • Fixed the issue with the sorting feature not working as intended. (also in 1.5.6)
  • Fixed an issue that made young adults naked in civilian missions and the encyclopaedia. Please note that this fix only works on new campaigns.
  • Fixed an issue that led to uninitialised temporary parties that could hold nobles prisoner to exist longer than intended.
Hello Callum, do you think we could get an official answer from developers if they have any intention to change the current character progression regarding the leveling system? There are some complaints about the system that not only I seem to share, and to avoid getting my hopes up for another patch, I want to ask if
1) the developers intend to keep the current system without any changes, or
2) can we expect some changes in the near future or at least later on. I'm sure that the posts that have been made on the topic are not invisible and someone at TaleWorlds must have read through them, and at this point all I really hope for is some official statements about those issues. What are TW's thoughts on the topic?

If you, or any other official at TW could answer me about this issue it would be very much appreciated.

ahh... rushing kingdom creation is always a bad idea be it bannerlord or warband, you need relationships, troops and money, rivers of money.
Yeah, I know, this isn't my first playthrough and I know how to turn my game around, but this is going to discourage and probably kill a playthrough of a new player (this is a thing I can see a new player do, the option is more appealing than support a existing kingdom), and this is not a good thing. But seriously, even with all that, with all your companions running caravans and using all the workshops available you can't still fund your kingdom, there is definitely a problem with the game design.

Last edited:
Didn't tried it yet in bannerlord but can't you pledge yourself as a vassal to another kingdom to receive their protection? i remember this being a thing in previous M&B and one i used once when trying my hands at being a king for the first time lol

Didn't tried it yet in bannerlord but can't you pledge yourself as a vassal to another kingdom to receive their protection? i remember this being a thing in previous M&B and one i used once when trying my hands at being a king for the first time lol
Nope, you can't pledge to another kingdom or leave your own kingdom

Why is my mc moving at a snails pace on the campaign map? is this normal? I have horses in my inventory and there's only my character in my party. WTF?

Why is my mc moving at a snails pace on the campaign map? is this normal? I have horses in my inventory and there's only my character in my party. WTF?

One of the recent patches implemetend a penalty to movement speed when the ratio of men to horses in the party goes below a certain limit.

Bring up the additional details and hover over your party speed to get a detailed breakdown of the bonuses and penalties, but I'll tell you right now that you're taking a huge Herd penalty.

Back
Top Bottom