Forum Upgrade 21/01/2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Dejan

Community Manager
Greetings forumites!

We've updated the XenForo forum software to the latest 2.2 version. What does this change bring? Here's a quick rundown.
  1. Username changes will from now on require approval.
  2. The text editor has received an overhaul alongside its preview feature.
  3. The update brings along new forum and thread types. These forum boards will be affected by this change:
    1. Modding Q&A - This board is now a "Question" forum. Previously, this functionality was supported by a forum add-on. This functionality is part of the base XenForo now. To see what has changed, best check the board itself.
    2. The Herald - Developer Announcements - This board is now an "Article" forum. It changes the appearance of all the threads inside. Check it out to see how.
  4. "Is this already being discussed?" and "Similar threads" - The first feature displays a dropdown menu of similar threads directly beneath the title when you're trying to create a new thread. This will prevent many duplicate threads. "Similar threads" are then also listed beneath the thread.
  5. Collapsed categories will now stay collapsed for 1 year, instead of opening back up on their own after a day or two.
There are also many other changes beneath the hood or not yet visible. We're planning to make use of them and will inform you as soon as they're ready.

We've also taken the opportunity to make many CSS fixes and improvements that should be visible all over the forums, including the game icons beneath the main bar.

If you find anything irregular with the forums or have feedback on the new features, please let us know below!

Last edited:
There are a few new features and changes to Social Groups.
  • Regular group members can no longer post to the newsfeed, only group moderators and admins.
  • Group admins can now view post edit histories.
  • There are various fixes to search functionality within group discussion forums.
  • Member list filtering options should now all work correctly.
EDIT:
There was a problem preventing group discussion forums from being accessible to anyone after the upgrades, which turned out to be a pain to track down, but it is now finally fixed a few hours later.

Last edited:
I am now unable to view 'discussions' in the groups on the 'Groups' section of the forums.
For example: Oops! We ran into some problems. | TaleWorlds Forums. It notifies you that you need to become a member to be able to view the content, however I am already a member of the group. It might be restricted for normal members all of the sudden, but I doubt that is the case since I get the same error on several occasions.

Please look into the issue and fix it if possible, it is quite inconvenient.

I am now unable to view 'discussions' in the groups on the 'Groups' section of the forums.
For example: Oops! We ran into some problems. | TaleWorlds Forums. It notifies you that you need to become a member to be able to view the content, however I am already a member of the group. It might be restricted for normal members all of the sudden, but I doubt that is the case since I get the same error on several occasions.

Please look into the issue and fix it if possible, it is quite inconvenient.
This is rather strange. I'm investigating it now.

Modding Q&A
1) Please add a tooltip similar to 'Mark as Solution' for the vote up
2) As filter options there are 'Only show questions that have received no answers' and 'Only show questions you've answered' which might have more or less uses. The thing we would really need though would be a 'Only show questions with no solution' filter option.
3) I personally find that voting system useless and unnecessary.
4) Please remove the 'similar threads' at the bottom, it's just filling up space and doesn't seem to show useful threads for me

Good man, Fietta. Have a present.
lS0HN.jpg

Well, after much digging through the forum admin panel and trying everything I can, including eventually digging into the Social Groups addon source code where that error is being thrown, I'm a bit stumped at the moment as to why group discussion forums are not viewable (throwing a "you need to be a group member" error even to group members). I've asked the addon author for assistance, hopefully he can shed some light on it. Meanwhile, apologies, but they will remain inaccessible until a fix is eventually found.

The company's games are displayed at the top of the "Home" page. Is there a necessity for them to clutter up the top of the page marked "Forum"?
They're taking up the exact same space the Bannerlord header banner previously was, so it's not like any new space is being wasted.

However... at the moment group discussion forums seem to be inaccessible to group admins even, for some reason, which I'm investigating.

EDIT:
The bug preventing group discussion forums from being accessible is turning out to be more persistent than expected, evading all my attempts to fix or workaround it, so it might be a while before that is fixed. Apologies.
OK, I finally found a fix for this, it was due to a single node permission cascading down to all group discussion forums, which never caused trouble before, but for some reason was causing the problem now after these updates.
Anyway, it's fixed.

I know to switch names it now has to be approved but is the cooldown supposed to be there for all users after the update it doesn't matter much but I found it a bit weird

I know to switch names it now has to be approved but is the cooldown supposed to be there for all users after the update it doesn't matter much but I found it a bit weird
Yes. The option to change your own username occasionally was previously handled through an addon, but now is a feature built into XenForo itself. So, while it works almost exactly the same, a few things are different. The cooldown is actually the same length of time, though it is reset for all users due to the switch.

Back
Top Bottom