your NA servers are dog and you need to do something to fix it NOW

Users who are viewing this thread

It is a lot better to just make the servers in Chicago and use the money for another server to SA. This will increase the player base for the game and help make the community bigger. What is preventing the devs from getting servers in Chicago?

This is not the right move atm to split the NA player base. There is barely enough people to get a single skirm game with both east and west players. When the player base gets split we will never be able to find a match.

It is a lot better to just make the servers in Chicago and use the money for another server to SA. This will increase the player base for the game and help make the community bigger. What is preventing the devs from getting servers in Chicago?

The problem is that the provider they are using has three NA locations - NY, LA, and Toronto. From what I understand some of the other options charge based on bandwidth, and because of how much Bannerlord servers use it would be more expensive. Switching providers or updating their infrastructure to allow multiple providers doesn't seem to be something they're interested in at the moment. They might not see multiplayer as large enough to warrant it, though one might argue that multiplayer would do better if it had centralized servers.

It's been several months since they commented on this, so my information could be outdated. I haven't been playing since about 1.5.1 but I try to keep up and don't think I've heard of any changes in this regard.

The problem is that the provider they are using has three NA locations - NY, LA, and Toronto. From what I understand some of the other options charge based on bandwidth, and because of how much Bannerlord servers use it would be more expensive. Switching providers or updating their infrastructure to allow multiple providers doesn't seem to be something they're interested in at the moment. They might not see multiplayer as large enough to warrant it, though one might argue that multiplayer would do better if it had centralized servers.

It's been several months since they commented on this, so my information could be outdated. I haven't been playing since about 1.5.1 but I try to keep up and don't think I've heard of any changes in this regard.
Hopefully on full release they will go central

aight so when this game first came out i ran a solid 72-78 ping about 6 months ago it ran around 79-85 as of now i get a constant 81-97. i can confirm my pc has not moved or "slid" in the west direction within the last year.

Back
Top Bottom