Companion death rate at 10%?

Users who are viewing this thread

If you all are going to keep this % for battles that the player is involved in, you have to have a bigger pool of companions. There's simply not enough companions, this makes no sense.

Is there an option to only disable companion deaths (without a mod), because all I've seen is completely disabling death and birth, which I don't really like. I don't mind people dying of old age but dying in battles too often is annoying, even if its somewhat rare.

LOL, some of you of stand up for the most absurd crap, take a breather from the yes men post for a bit. Maybe 10% is a bit much? Of course it is, it ruins the gameplay.

Last edited:
10% is fine.
Did you know the Medicine perk "Cheat Death" it halves the Chance a Clan Member will die in Battle.
Lose hundreds of troops in battles, regularly.

But almost nobody plays like that.
Then you're going to lose more companions.

Or you can disable death.
He'll lose every companion in the game and die of old age before he gets 225 medicine.
Unless you mod it there's no way the amount of skill exp can ever get that high, even if you spend years just splattering and healing your troops.

LOL, some of you of stand up for the most absurd crap, take a breather from the yes men post for a bit. Maybe 10% is a bit much? Of course it is, it ruins the gameplay.

Who are you even talking about?

He'll lose every companion in the game and die of old age before he gets 225 medicine.

Is it at 225 now? I thought it was lower, around 150 but I admit I wasn't looking at it very hard.

TW are going to lower it but currently they want it to be high for testing purposes. It makes it easier to spot bugs. Which, by the way, is perfectly reasonable.

I would say:
- create more (and less ugly) companions with useful skills
- make notices more reliable where the companions are, or integrate a method to send them a latter to meet at a settlement (I regularly get furious about the wrong notices where companions "were seen")
- lower death rate a bit
- make Cheat Death a 125 skill, so that there is at least a chance that a companion with 120 medical skill can reach it, after 5000 real hours playing the game or so

Generally I like the death in battle feature a lot, makes it more interesting.

I would say:
- create more (and less ugly) companions with useful skills
- make notices more reliable where the companions are, or integrate a method to send them a latter to meet at a settlement (I regularly get furious about the wrong notices where companions "were seen")
- lower death rate a bit
- make Cheat Death a 125 skill, so that there is at least a chance that a companion with 120 medical skill can reach it, after 5000 real hours playing the game or so

Generally I like the death in battle feature a lot, makes it more interesting.
I love seeing the red skulls :smile: Time for a new husbando! Finally no more "nunce with two handed swords'".
Some time when I get the prisoner screen I I get upset when I realize no ransomed cuz I killed the guy. Some times you get the message that several children are lost because you just iced the last member of the clan. In 1.5.6-7 my companions are too bust being governors to die in combat :smile:

In 1.5.6-7 my companions are too bust being governors to die in combat :smile:

I thought that too then my clan engineer decided he wanted to be the first man on the wall during a siege and, well...

I was hiring a new engineer afterwards. RIP Hassiedh, you were taken from us too soon (to hit the last three points you needed for Engineering 100).

Maybe give us also an option to pay for a good doctor if someone is about to die like:

Pay X denars to reduce the 10% chance to 2-3% chance if he would die?

Even if the skill would be at 125 medicine it would be hard to get. I mostly use companions for first aid and most of them are around 80 in medicine when I recruit them.

Make it lower, and FIX LEVELING PROGRESSION so that perks are attainable. That "cheat death" perk is worthless like all the perks, because they are not fixing the leveling system. The perks provide so little, and the grind is so not worth it and unfun. I feel like I mention this every patch now but they still don't prioritize this issue.. It's a core gameplay issue and they are not saying anything about fixing it, it feels like they think the current system is fine or something... I just don't get it. I would be ok with my character and also the AI characters dying more often if we could actually level-up our skills consistently at a decent (not too quick though) pace. Still, 10% might be too much even then, but whatever the case, if they don't fix leveling then it clearly sucks. Also I wish my character also had a low chance to die in battle. It would make me being tactical and choosing my battles more carefully a lot more rewarding. I'm sure not everyone would appreciate this feature though, but I think it's necessary for the heir system to actually be worth implementing in the first place. Could make it an option for people who don't want their character dying in battle though, of course.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom