EU Native Battle Completed Warband Revival Cup - Announcement and Signups

Added to Calendar: 30/01/21

What do you think is the best way to implement a roster cap?

• A (8), B (9), C (none)

Votes: 32 28.3%
  • A (9), B (10), C (none)

Votes: 68 60.2%
  • higher / no cap

Votes: 13 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Just want to bring up something ive already brought to the admin team, to see if other people would agree with my position. Currently our team (time travellers from last tourny basically) will have a 9 man roster and thats fine if we are in div B. However considering theres no good div A teams anymore and we won div B convincingly last tourny, we will most likely be put in div A, meaning I have to kick someone, which I REALLY dont want to do, and possibly wont. An 8 man roster is ridiculous, this tournament hasnt even got a prize pool, and we are being forced to make a team with such a tight restriction. All I am asking is for the div A roster cap to be increased to 9, i see no reason how an 8 man roster cap will create more teams than a 9 man. Furthermore, if just 1 person decides to go inactive during the tourny in a div A team, that team is potentially ****ed for the rest of the tourny, purely because of this extremely tight roster cap - its 2021 warband, its not an esports game, people go inactive all the ****ing time, at least with 9 man roster cap you can still have 2 subs (assuming the entire 8 is able to turn up).

Please rethink this
I agree. Same for us. I don't think it would do much harm putting it on 9. Seems way more reasonable to me.

I agree. Same for us. I don't think it would do much harm putting it on 9. Seems way more reasonable to me.

8 is like 9 but with one less, what's the point? I'm sure people would be happy with 10 or 11 man rosters too, but we have to draw the line somewhere and having 2 subs (or changes for team composition) seems reasonable. 8 is the way to go. Increasing the roster cap because one team is forced to kick a player doesn't seem ideal. If someone goes inactive, kick him out the roster and get someone else who hasn't played.

An 8 man roster cap is perfectly reasonable. Officials have been more or less played every Sunday for years. If you're unlikely to be able to play every Sunday, don't sign up.

This ^^

Last edited:
I think 8 is reasonable but I also think that a div B team placed in div A shouldn’t be forced to drop one man.

I'm sure exceptions can be made for those teams, though it would be an 8 + 1 roster cap, if one of the players leave, they can't get another one to make 9, they'd just have to stick with 8. Then again, it's sign-ups so there's still time to make roster adjustments to make 8.

The assumption of an 8 man roster for div A is that all members of div A teams are going to be 100% active in the tourny in order to play at that level.
My team members does not fall into that catagory (I do at the moment but won't when the tourny begins) - we are going to be forced to play in div A because the teams are ****e. We should be getting the same treatment as a div B team (having the larger roster cap) but because within the past year most of the Div A teams are a bit **** we are going to be forced into div A - with the same expectation as malta, that we play 2 trainings everyday and are active 24/7

Also fietta i dont get ur point about replacing someone who goes inactive, you cant replace a capped player on a maxxed out roster.

Last edited:
9 would be so much better than 8 man for us and for oneils team too it seems

its ****ty to kick out someone you've played together with for years and it's not like there are enough teams for them to find another one they'll like playing with

Also fietta i dont get ur point about replacing someone who goes inactive, you cant replace a capped player on a maxxed out roster.

I mean once you kicked the capped player out, your roster isn't full, obviously it's not possible on an 8 + 1 roster (but that means you can lose 2), but on a standard roster, if you have 8 and you lose one, you have 7 men, meaning you can get a free agent in. that's how I'd imagine it works anyways.

I mean once you kicked the capped player out, your roster isn't full, obviously it's not possible on an 8 + 1 roster (but that means you can lose 2), but on a standard roster, if you have 8 and you lose one, you have 7 men, meaning you can get a free agent in. that's how I'd imagine it works anyways.
That's not how it works im pretty sure. Its 8 from start to finish, if theyre capped you cant replace them from the roster.

Correct me if im wrong ofc

I'm sure exceptions can be made for those teams, though it would be an 8 + 1 roster cap, if one of the players leave, they can't get another one to make 9, they'd just have to stick with 8. Then again, it's sign-ups so there's still time to make roster adjustments to make 8.
Agreed with both Alyss and Fietta. If the admin team forces Time Travelers to play in Div A, accommodating them to a slight extent would probably help them doing the jump to a higher division without dropping after two matches in case they'd lack members.

However, because it's an exception, I would only increase the roster cap for this particular team to 9 for the beginning of the tournament, meaning TT can start with that 9 player line-up but would one of them drop (regardless if he stays on the roster, get added to a capped section or is entirely removed), they can't just add another extra player to make-up for his absence.

Doing tournaments on warband nowadays is about making compromises. If you deal in absolute and stick to your initial ruleset above all else, you will end up hurting your competition on the long-run. Not hinting that to the admin which I believe is fairly competent to deal with these issues but more to the people who usually observe the 'cope with it' attitude when responding to a valid claim, which I believe Oneil's is.

Last edited:
Yeah I think in previous tournaments, once a player was capped, they couldn't be removed.

Since we have smaller roster caps, allowing people to remove players from their roster (capping them) and bringing in uncapped players who've not participated in the tournament might allow some more freedom; this in combination of an 8 + 1 etc. roster cap for teams who've been placed a division higher than asked may prove useful. Obviously if you're placed under the circumstance of an 8 + 1 roster cap, once that '1' has been removed (someone drops out or gets kicked), they're unable to get a 9th, they just play with the 8 they have. All exceptions are added past the roster cap for that division i.e 8 + 1 (Division B to A), 9 + X (Division C to B, X just denoting the amount of players in that div C roster past 9 since C has no roster cap) denoting it this way means you can't really use the '9 roster cap' as an excuse to get an extra player if a player drops out, since you're still valuing the original roster cap of 8, with an exception of 1. This won't happen often anyways, so the added complication just allows for a better capped ruleset to avoid roster drama.

The only issue with the above is if people kick players out for performing bad as their 'valid' reason, but it's competition at the end of the day, so you win some, you lose some.

Last edited:
Team Name:
Milites Fortunae
TAG
MF_
Contact 1:
Marko
Contact 2:
Tomkin
Banner:
banner-wb.png

Marko
ID2
AralZ
ID2
Mako
ID2
Tomkin
ID2
Dekkers
ID2
Gibby
ID2
Bulat
ID2
donut
ID2
Demivar
ID2
PLAYER10
ID1
ID2
PLAYER11
ID1
ID2
PLAYER12
ID1
ID2
PLAYER13
ID1
ID2
PLAYER14
ID1
ID2
PLAYER15
ID1
ID2

Preferred Division: B

Last edited:
That's not how it works im pretty sure. Its 8 from start to finish, if theyre capped you cant replace them from the roster.

Correct me if im wrong ofc
We will talk about the roster caps with the admin team again.
Of course if a player is capped and you decide to remove them for whatever reason we will work on a rule that makes it possible for them to be replaced.
Also: so far you've signed up for division B where 9 is the roster cap, so for now just expect to be playing in Div B. If we need to move you to another division I think we can talk about that when it happens, and Im sure we can also accomodate you in that case

Team Name:
Cool Kids From Mercenaries
TAG
[CoolKid]
Contact 1:
Angel
Steamlink: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198150577540/
Contact 2:
DuckTheMean
Steamlink: https://steamcommunity.com/id/DuckTheMean/
Banner:
Bannerlink: https://gyazo.com/e4c1dfa2340a3ca09f63157aa17bc858