Is this scraped out too?

Users who are viewing this thread

"Luckily, army commanders have options to avoid such a situation. Firstly, different parties in the same army pool their food together, with those that run out of food spending influence in exchange for supplies. This avoids cases where some parties in the army are starving while others are lugging sacks brimming over with grain.

While sharing may mitigate the problem for a while, you may need a better method to replenish your food reserves. Commanders can send out forager parties which will scour the countryside for food, confiscating any resources they come across. They can also send out raiders to attack villages directly, which will not only loot resources but also wreak havoc on the region and damage its economy. Once the enterprising parties re-join the main army, their spoils will be shared among parties in the army, and they will earn extra influence for a task well done.

On the other hand, if you find yourself defending against a superior force who is happily sustaining itself from your fields, you have the option to implement scorched earth tactics, destroying your own fields and denying the enemy the chance to help himself to your grain at the cost of losing the income and food for yourself. Don’t expect any gratitude from villagers, however, who expect their taxes to pay for the defence of their fields rather than their destruction!"

Sadly, most probably the answer is yes.

There is also possibikity that it is in progress, and they just implemented OG system for feeding an army as a placeholder (as seen in old gameplays of Bannerlord, where even health bar is an old one; maybe its still in progress)

Those blogs were clearly concept when they were written. Also I highly suspect that TW realized it had to cut down on the scope of some of the planned features at some point, or the game would never get completed.

Most of this game is vastly different than what was scene in 2016. Most of the features have been scrapped. Aside from battles there is nothing for the player to do. The campaign map looks nice, but it is completely empty.

"Luckily, army commanders have options to avoid such a situation. Firstly, different parties in the same army pool their food together, with those that run out of food spending influence in exchange for supplies. This avoids cases where some parties in the army are starving while others are lugging sacks brimming over with grain.

While sharing may mitigate the problem for a while, you may need a better method to replenish your food reserves. Commanders can send out forager parties which will scour the countryside for food, confiscating any resources they come across. They can also send out raiders to attack villages directly, which will not only loot resources but also wreak havoc on the region and damage its economy. Once the enterprising parties re-join the main army, their spoils will be shared among parties in the army, and they will earn extra influence for a task well done.

On the other hand, if you find yourself defending against a superior force who is happily sustaining itself from your fields, you have the option to implement scorched earth tactics, destroying your own fields and denying the enemy the chance to help himself to your grain at the cost of losing the income and food for yourself. Don’t expect any gratitude from villagers, however, who expect their taxes to pay for the defence of their fields rather than their destruction!"

Sadly, most probably the answer is yes.
I suggested something similar a while back.
This issue has great impact because it sinks so many troops into a single blob and nothing positive comes out of this, waste of resources time, influence and parties have to disperse meanwhile the kingdom is unprotected...
Hopefully this can be fixed.

Some ideas to consider after fixing some eventual bugs or major unbalances:
  • Adding a feature like foraging for food maybe with some perks, where you could have a base level of a constant increase of certain type of foraged food (also dependent on the region availability). This base level could add up with multiple parties. Apart from the base level, the player and AI could drop in speed when food is low, and in return for that speed reduction an increase in foraged food would happen. If the party stops, food consumption reduces and foraged food increases, so in sieges the attacker could reduce slightly food consumption and/or increase forage food input.
  • Sending some party to go and get some food. Each party would give (proportionally, or with a clan/kingdom budget) some money to the one who goes buy it, or just raid. The money that is not used for food or if the food doesn't return, is then returned to the (clan/kingdom fund).
  • Setting up a meeting point closer to the objective for parties to only gather at that point, this reduces time to get to the objective and minimizes food consumption/cohesion problems.
  • All parties should have good food stocks, if they don't have the money the kingdom budget could help a bit.
  • Adjust the AI army sizes necessary to complete a certain objective
  • Have fixed objectives so that the AI goes directly to the point and isn't distracted by something else
    • only disband if some vital settlement needs to be defended and there is no other party nearer that can go instead.
    • If possible the assembled army disbands only one/some parties and continues to the objective or changes to other easier and close objective.
If their dev blog still holds up to it's words I think this should be worked on as part of this next implementation
We will start working on this issue next week. Probably you will see this feature after mid February. I will post this thread to office communication channel so design team will see what you posted. Please add which options you want to have over your clan parties & kingdom parties (when king). We will examine all ideas and try to come up with a solution by selecting some of them.

For example :
As Clan Leader :
  • I want to be able to limit party's recruitment at X. (Stop recruiting when reached X men)
  • I want to priotize which troop types my party will recruit (infantry / archer / cavalry)
  • I want to change agressiveness of my party so it will always defend or always attack
  • I want my parties to not join armies led by other lords

As King :
  • I want to prioritize a target settlement for hostile actions.
  • I want to prioritize a settlement to defend

If you add what you want to see as list shown in example it can be better but all formats are ok of course.

Edit: Adding more control over troops and improving the AI response behavior in battles should also be included in this feature package at least by some extent. Of course AI needs closer attention besides this, it has some (*cough*) small problems.
Reliable source that tells this should be included: @Terco_Viejo :iamamoron:

Last edited:
[...]
Edit: Adding more control over troops and improving the AI response behavior in battles should also be included in this feature package at least by some extent. Of course AI needs closer attention besides this, it has some (*cough*) small problems.
Reliable source that tells this should be included: @Terco_Viejo :iamamoron:

It is hard for me to keep it burning lately,
but the flickering flame of hope™ has not yet been extinguished in my heart. :iamamoron: ?

KTxQ5.jpg

Do you think this would help snowballing? Or make armies and parties behave more reasonable? With this featureI seee a way that armies wiuldnt stray away too much from their escape/supplies lines.. what you think? @Blood Gryphon , @Apocal, @Terco_Viejo , since make test for mexxico

Certainly I have given my opinion on several occasions in the mexxico threads, but I must say that personally I have not carried out simulation tests over the in-game years, as other fellows have done; bravo for them but this time I step aside :wink: . I will not take the place of f.e. @Dabos37 .

I doubt it matters much to snowballing.
I think it could help a bit, if logistics and food supply played a more important and even a realistic role, armies couldn't just go across the map in a non stop conquering roller coaster. Of course in order to make this work other implementations in the AI behavior are need, otherwise they would starve and disband all the time.

Do you think this would help snowballing? Or make armies and parties behave more reasonable? With this featureI seee a way that armies wiuldnt stray away too much from their escape/supplies lines.. what you think? @Blood Gryphon , @Apocal, @Terco_Viejo , since make test for mexxico
Probably not, food use to be a big issue for armies and we would see armies start to siege a settlement only to starve out and force them to disband or be easily captured. This was actually one of the reasons Sturgia was losing every game.

Unfortunately things like this normally punish the weaker factions harder and make snowballing worse. Stronger factions will have the resources to deal with the inconvenience while weaker ones don’t.

Snowballing will be much better in 1.5.8.

wow, I want to stop reading these.
it hurts sometimes. These would have added to gameplay.

Taleworlds said:
While sharing [food] may mitigate the problem for a while, you may need a better method to replenish your food reserves. Commanders can send out forager parties which will scour the countryside for food, confiscating any resources they come across. They can also send out raiders to attack villages directly, which will not only loot resources but also wreak havoc on the region and damage its economy. Once the enterprising parties re-join the main army, their spoils will be shared among parties in the army, and they will earn extra influence for a task well done.

On the other hand, if you find yourself defending against a superior force who is happily sustaining itself from your fields, you have the option to implement scorched earth tactics, destroying your own fields and denying the enemy the chance to help himself to your grain at the cost of losing the income and food for yourself. Don’t expect any gratitude from villagers, however, who expect their taxes to pay for the defence of their fields rather than their destruction!

I think it could help a bit, if logistics and food supply played a more important and even a realistic role, armies couldn't just go across the map in a non stop conquering roller coaster. Of course in order to make this work other implementations in the AI behavior are need, otherwise they would starve and disband all the time.

This is what we have now. It punishes weaker factions slightly but not enough to really matter in terms of snowballing.

Back
Top Bottom