[Beta 1.5.7] 300 Trade in 726 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

el_infante

Sergeant at Arms
Finally, I did it! It took me a long journey to grind trade to 300 but I've learned a lot from this playthrough. It's not my intention from this post to be an extensive guide, but I'll share a few tips I remember from this game for those who are interested on trading and how to get it maxed as soon as possible.

y1INI2w.jpg

The character background is Aserai for obvious reasons. Leadership, charm and trade skills, along with anything that gives you social points. And these are the perks I've chosen from the trade tree.

iQKSdVz.jpg

The first 100 days or so Idedicated myself to hunt looters to pump up riding and bow, creating cheap caravans with whatever companion you can find, and buying old work horses from villagers to slaughter and sell the meat to the imperial prosperous cities. This way you can have in no time three caravans and two wool weavers on Lycaron and Poros. I raised my clan level to tier 2 participatiing in tournaments and soloing big groups of looters.

After this point I recruited khuzaits nomads to my force limits and upgraded them to horse archers (tier 2) and bought mules up to my current number of troops. And then I began trading around all cities and villages of the map. These are my general tips on how to develop trade quick:

1) Goods.
As a general rule every consumable/raw resource bought on the middle on the map can be sold for good prices both on the north, the south and the prosperous imperial cities. Everything you can buy on the north can be sold at very good prices on the south and viceversa.

Villages are your best friend to pump up trade. Sometimes certain villages have bargains of goods that can be sold 2x 3x or even 4x their price in the right cities. You can make an absurd amount of profit buying iron ore/tools/velvet/clay/flax/leather cheap and selling it in cities like Danustica, Poros, Saneopa, Epicrotea for 3x/4x/5x their price.

2) Shortages & Scarcity.

Maintaining scarcity & shortage in the prosperous imperial cities is the best merchant friend. If you find a certain city that is buying goods from 3x/4x+ their price don't dump all your goods at once. Sell at very high profit, keep your excedent of goods in your inventory, and come back later. If you dump in Danustica 1000 units of flax at once, don't expect the next time you come to the city to get good prices on flax again. Use the whole seller perk to keep track of the prices.

For example I was buying tools at 70+- and selling it in the imperial cities for 100+. Silver ore from 60+- to 100+. Leather from 150+- to 350-400. Clay from 8/9 to 20+ and so on.

3) Food.
There are certain food items that have very good price almost everywhere. Grapes, Olives, Dates, Butter, Cheese, Meat, Wine and Oil. You just have to do the same thing again. Sell at high profit, don't dump your goods in one city and keep moving. It's best to sell low quantites of goods at high profit that is to dump high quantities of goods into a city for average/mediocre profit.

4) Trading oportunities.
If you find somewhere a big amount of goods at a very low price (thousands of grapes in Vlandia, or huge amounts of dates in the Aserai cities) buy it all even if it puts your carry capacity at 3x their limit. It doesn't matter. Imperial cities are always willing to pay excellent prices for almost every good.

And basically that's it. Trading is not complicated at all, and I enjoyed it.

One question :
How many days does it take you to reach 275?
Flesson says last 25 take too much time.
Character system is not my area but just wondered.

I think I reached 275, about 600 days. And yes, the last 25 skill points are at 45k exp each and it takes time. But an aserai character with 275 trade is going to have something like +60% trade reduction penalty, in my case +85% trade reduction on food items. I was gaining an extra trade point about 80k gold sold. At this point of the game I was simply dumping goods from villages/cities to other cities even at marginal profit.

Thanks for feedback.

Happy to help!

Finally, I did it! It took me a long journey to grind trade to 300 but I've learned a lot from this playthrough. It's not my intention from this post to be an extensive guide, but I'll share a few tips I remember from this game for those who are interested on trading and how to get it maxed as soon as possible.

y1INI2w.jpg

The character background is Aserai for obvious reasons. Leadership, charm and trade skills, along with anything that gives you social points. And these are the perks I've chosen from the trade tree.

iQKSdVz.jpg

The first 100 days or so Idedicated myself to hunt looters to pump up riding and bow, creating cheap caravans with whatever companion you can find, and buying old work horses from villagers to slaughter and sell the meat to the imperial prosperous cities. This way you can have in no time three caravans and two wool weavers on Lycaron and Poros. I raised my clan level to tier 2 participatiing in tournaments and soloing big groups of looters.

After this point I recruited khuzaits nomads to my force limits and upgraded them to horse archers (tier 2) and bought mules up to my current number of troops. And then I began trading around all cities and villages of the map. These are my general tips on how to develop trade quick:

1) Goods.
As a general rule every consumable/raw resource bought on the middle on the map can be sold for good prices both on the north, the south and the prosperous imperial cities. Everything you can buy on the north can be sold at very good prices on the south and viceversa.

Villages are your best friend to pump up trade. Sometimes certain villages have bargains of goods that can be sold 2x 3x or even 4x their price in the right cities. You can make an absurd amount of profit buying iron ore/tools/velvet/clay/flax/leather cheap and selling it in cities like Danustica, Poros, Saneopa, Epicrotea for 3x/4x/5x their price.

2) Shortages & Scarcity.

Maintaining scarcity & shortage in the prosperous imperial cities is the best merchant friend. If you find a certain city that is buying goods from 3x/4x+ their price don't dump all your goods at once. Sell at very high profit, keep your excedent of goods in your inventory, and come back later. If you dump in Danustica 1000 units of flax at once, don't expect the next time you come to the city to get good prices on flax again. Use the whole seller perk to keep track of the prices.

For example I was buying tools at 70+- and selling it in the imperial cities for 100+. Silver ore from 60+- to 100+. Leather from 150+- to 350-400. Clay from 8/9 to 20+ and so on.

3) Food.
There are certain food items that have very good price almost everywhere. Grapes, Olives, Dates, Butter, Cheese, Meat, Wine and Oil. You just have to do the same thing again. Sell at high profit, don't dump your goods in one city and keep moving. It's best to sell low quantites of goods at high profit that is to dump high quantities of goods into a city for average/mediocre profit.

4) Trading oportunities.
If you find somewhere a big amount of goods at a very low price (thousands of grapes in Vlandia, or huge amounts of dates in the Aserai cities) buy it all even if it puts your carry capacity at 3x their limit. It doesn't matter. Imperial cities are always willing to pay excellent prices for almost every good.

I would say for not being an extensive guide that you did a really good job nailing most points. And you are right, I love trading and have done it for more than 1,000 hours since 1.0 My only advice right now do NOT use just 8 social points or your time will double. At this point you are forced to run 10. If you trade in horses it can go a lot faster and with the herd penalty being capped at a certain number and also overburden penalty you can run thousands on mules when you get the 2 perks to help these so there are things you can do to help you through, Some legit and some not so much if anyone interested I did put out an ultimate trading guide, It's long but wanted to have one video with all the knowledge you need to get started.

y1INI2w.jpg

iQKSdVz.jpg

1) Goods.

2) Shortages & Scarcity.

3) Food.

4) Trading oportunities.

thank you for posting , for a Mount&Blade game, you have make the master of trading
I admire your patience and make it such master piece in trading skill

I generally don't have patience to trade, and remember what price I buy, what price I sell, where I sell to, well because this isn't a game for economy game
I would rather cheat and get some gold so I don't have to worry about money during the game.
so I can focus on actually killing enemy and knock down bodies

but good for you. very interesting to know.

thank you for posting , for a Mount&Blade game, you have make the master of trading
I admire your patience and make it such master piece in trading skill
but good for you. very interesting to know.

I appreciate it. In fact, I had low patience for trading, but on this run I started to enjoy trading and it was leveling fairly quick.

I would say for not being an extensive guide that you did a really good job nailing most points. And you are right, I love trading and have done it for more than 1,000 hours since 1.0

Thank you! About the 10SOC points, I also did it for charm and leadership. It decreases the time to max up trade so you have to commit to max it as soon as possible. About horses & animals I didn't trade. For me, the herd penalty is big enough that I prefer to stockpile goods instead of animals. But I guess you can make also a very good profit if you reserve some troops to carry animals from time to time.

I appreciate it. In fact, I had low patience for trading, but on this run I started to enjoy trading and it was leveling fairly quick.

Thank you! About the 10SOC points, I also did it for charm and leadership. It decreases the time to max up trade so you have to commit to max it as soon as possible. About horses & animals I didn't trade. For me, the herd penalty is big enough that I prefer to stockpile goods instead of animals. But I guess you can make also a very good profit if you reserve some troops to carry animals from time to time.
getting 10 social for charm and leadership is great, but I think about late game after trading and 10 intelligence is so much more valuable to me for steward medicine and engineering, but with 1 attribute point per 4 levels, which I really want to see q per 3 levels, they are valuable points and need to allocate carefully.

I got all kinds of info you might not know on my channel any questions just ask me in a conversation, here to help
I got a question, Flesson19
in Warband, a lame horse will recover as normal,but in Bannerlord, it doesn't seem like recover at all
so nothing we can do? it's lame permanently?

I got a question, Flesson19
in Warband, a lame horse will recover as normal,but in Bannerlord, it doesn't seem like recover at all
so nothing we can do? it's lame permanently?
there is a perk in medicine which will allow you the chance to recover them, I cover that, I got a playlist full of things to help ya
125 veteranarian

Great little guide...

I find you can get up to around 200 trade relatively quickly... then it becomes a real grind. Those last points really test your patience.

But by playing as a merchant, I realised that starting out by building solid trade skills makes everything else work faster too. So now, even when I am not doing a trade playthrough I tend to spend the first 200 days getting my trade up to at least 175 to get the insurance perk + the passive renown perk at 125. Once you have them, switching to a fief holding noble or launching your own kingdom all works faster than if you don't spend those first days roaming the map. The passive renown perk especially allows you to manage your fiefs better, as it relieves you of the need to continually fight to level up, and makes levelling up much quicker when you do fight..

Nice info and thanks for sharing.

I go to 300 in 1.5.4. think it took me over 11 in game years and that was using a mod that gives a small amount of caravan profit as XP. This mod XP was not enough to make it easy and I still traded most of it myself. I found that getting to 230ish was pretty easy then after than I began to question what I was doing with my life more and more.

In the trade description is says that caravans should give XP but obviously this is not implemented as of yet. I wonder if they still plan to or they will just remove it from the description at some point.

I'll need to check Flessons's videos also as I've not seen them. It's weird as I have never seen them pop up on youtube despite watching a lot of Bannerlord content. I have watched all Halcylion's trade videos and thought they were informative and well made.

I would say for not being an extensive guide that you did a really good job nailing most points. And you are right, I love trading and have done it for more than 1,000 hours since 1.0 My only advice right now do NOT use just 8 social points or your time will double. At this point you are forced to run 10. If you trade in horses it can go a lot faster and with the herd penalty being capped at a certain number and also overburden penalty you can run thousands on mules when you get the 2 perks to help these so there are things you can do to help you through, Some legit and some not so much if anyone interested I did put out an ultimate trading guide, It's long but wanted to have one video with all the knowledge you need to get started.

This was very great to watch. I have some questions - maybe you can give me an answer about these facettes of trading:
You can actually hire armed traders and caravan guards at taverns. Since I understand, that you do not really want to invest too much money into troops - maybe besides a bandit stronghold strikeforce of 10 - are they worth the investion?! I mean, do they have better stats for their cost and wages as they do not seem to be able to level. Any word on using forest bandits as replacement for archers in your band? Does roguery complement the way of the trader in any way besides selling hapless bandits and mercs that try to grab your stuff?

I also understand that it - as a trader - might be a good idea to take peasants with you (after defeating bandits) to expand your horse handling force without big wages.

On 1.5.5 I did a trader playthrough and I got to 300 at around 1000 ingame days. At that time, the game is done. At least in 1.5.5 Khuzait and Battanians would have taken over half of the map. 300 trade is too high for everything has a price. Trading is only for nerds and not a really viable way to play the game. You are forced to being a mercenary and then a vassal...
225 was not enough, I will give you that but the everything has a price perk should be at max. 275 (and make caravans give you trade xp!). Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom