An open letter to the competitive community

Users who are viewing this thread

New_Cover_3.png
Beast_Avatar_2.png

Dear community,

I have exciting news for you. I talked to @AVRC and he said the devs will offer us badges for BEAST if we play it without restrictions. As you may know, the devs are looking for a competetive event to improve competetive play. BEAST is the best event there is for that currently. We have the most teams and the best players. We have established rules and divisions. We are a community where most players know each other. For me, there hasn't been a public match in ages where I don't recognize atleast one player or clan tag.
I know that some of you aren't looking forward to play without restrictions. And we won't force you. The vote stays up and the administration will stick to it's results. However, I do hope that I can change your mind. This may be our only and also the best chance to improve our competetiv community. We can show the devs what's wrong with the classes. We can show the devs why factions aren't as balanced as they seem in public play. And we can show the devs that we care about Bannerlord, our game. I strongly believe, that hosting the next season without limits is going to improve the game. The recent patches have shown that the devs care about multiplayer as much as we do. @NIN3 and @AVRC have been engaging with us almost daily. Our dear community manager @Callum streamed all matches Taleworlds played in during the tournament. I know how the game evolved since the closed beta. We had spearspamming, kickspamming, block delays. For a short time even shieldbashing was over powered. I have seen all the long, angry rants here on the forum and desperate trys to communicate with the developers. Back then the community was hunting bugs everywhere and we were rewarded with a badge. With BEAST #4 we will get another chance to earn a badge. A badge that may represent that you care about the game. A badge that may represent your involvement in improving the game for all our communties, not only in Europe but on the other continents, too.
Or you may just present your mad swagger and skill.
I am absolutly excited for this small cooperation with Taleworlds and I hope you vote against class restrictions for our next season.

If you haven't heard of BEAST before or you simply haven't signed up yet, you can do it here. Only votes by signed up teams will be counted.

Together we can improve our game.

Your Ikea (not affiliated in any way :wink: )

I agree with this, badges or no badges, EA is the place where people should drop their egos and if it means being butt****ed by cav and archers for 8 weeks - so be it if it results in a better game.

Prolonging the class restrictions is shooting ourselves in the foot long term. We've been basically playing our own version of the game for months in a sweaty environment, the longer class restrictions stay, the longer it will take to fix cav and archers.

As @Ikea Knight said, it is your tournament and your decision. Since this is the biggest tournament it would give us great information on how to make the game better.

We are just trying to show our appreciation for you guys helping us not trying to 'force' anything.

@AVRC No offense bro i know you are trying but ppl who are also working on multiplayer , are they high or using some drugs ?

Like same problems appear over and over and over again and they are not fixed and we are getting some random perks and thing we dont really need atm ....

I honestly dont think devs are really listening to community and just doing what they want

As @Ikea Knight said, it is your tournament and your decision. Since this is the biggest tournament it would give us great information on how to make the game better.

We are just trying to show our appreciation for you guys helping us not trying to 'force' anything.

Yeah. I hope I didn't give the wrong impression. We aren't forced. And I approached Avrc not the other way around.
The vote stays open but as I said, I hope TW's bages can motivate the community.

I see it as a great chance for everybody though.

Developers make a **** game and throw some badges here and there and everyone is getting frenzied about a virtual icon that literally means nothing, and then complain nothing changes. We might deserve the state this game is in by now, since everyone keeps indirectly supporting this game by organizing tournaments when you should be boycotting the **** these developers do by forcing classes, slow ass infantry, non-sense archery and the hundreds of more issues the game has to this day, since beta of 2019. Enjoy your badges with a dead playerbase, I guess.

Nope. The point isn't to keep the scene playing but rather how it keeps playing.
And to me the badges are just a bonus. The balancing is what I am really interested in.
Sounds to me some people were already not playing until you put the restrictions in ? ? ?

I mean hey, do you thing. As long as the casual side of the game will get love at some point (it won't)

@AVRC No offense bro i know you are trying but ppl who are also working on multiplayer , are they high or using some drugs ?

Like same problems appear over and over and over again and they are not fixed and we are getting some random perks and thing we dont really need atm ....

I honestly dont think devs are really listening to community and just doing what they want

You guys asked the combat parameters to be changed, and they literally got changed almost exactly as requested.
Factions were imbalanced, they are much better now.
There were many useless perks, we are changing them.
Some weapons and OP, they got adjusted.
The patch that was supposed to go out last night, makes spears hit earlier and deal more damage consistently, slows down maces, nerfs archer 2 handers, makes ALL infantry run faster and buffs pikes against cav. How are these changes not requested by the community?

And here we are hoping that competitive games to be played with standard rules so that we get to see what is broken and overpowered so we can FIX IT. We are are not saying the game is better with no-limits so you should play it that way.

I am literally asking you to play and show me what is wrong so we can fix it, how is that not listening to community?

Developers make a **** game and throw some badges here and there and everyone is getting frenzied about a virtual icon that literally means nothing, and then complain nothing changes. We might deserve the state this game is in by now, since everyone keeps indirectly supporting this game by organizing tournaments when you should be boycotting the **** these developers do by forcing classes, slow ass infantry, non-sense archery and the hundreds of more issues the game has to this day, since beta of 2019. Enjoy your badges with a dead playerbase, I guess.
It is pretty clear they are now putting some effort in making the game better and communicating with us more.
Supporting rather than demonizing them seems the better option pal.
But maybe you could boycot the forum, i'm sure that way you would be helping the cause✋

Yes, let's play the game of infantry battles without infantry! We already have public servers where only cavalry and archers fight, let's do it in tournaments

It is pretty clear they are now putting some effort in making the game better and communicating with us more.
But maybe you could boycot the forum, i'm sure that way you would be helping the cause✋
Not even worth writing anything to that guy believe me. He and people like him will always be mad about the game no matter what. Don't even waste time lol.
The patch that was supposed to go out last night, makes spears hit earlier and deal more damage consistently, slows down maces, nerfs archer 2 handers, makes ALL infantry run faster and buffs pikes against cav. How are these changes not requested by the community?
If this patch got out and made infantry somewhat stronger people maybe would think "Hey inf is better now no need to 3-3 spam so we can try out BEAST without restrictions now."
Because considering what you say inf got buffed quite a bit and other classes got affected by it and their effectiveness reduced.

"Listening to the community"

I have a 28 page thread during the beta section that begs to differ ?

Agreed first part, game is getting better for most issues. Still not addressing the elephant in the room on the casual side though, but i guess this is part of Armagan's grand design for the MP.

Also is there a cause now? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom