How to get more than one fief as vassal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry to ask, but I am stuck on that behalf. I remember from warband, that the conqueror of something gets dibs on it or at least will be one of those eligible and you can boost your chances by befriending nobles. In my game, however, this is not working. Do you have any clues on how often I did conquer Garantor caslte (next to Tubilis, my own fief) - even single-handedly and then only can deceide whethey the Banu Habbab, the Banu Aran or some fugitive Empire traitor gets it? They are powerless and cannot keep the fief. You can set a timer...5 minutes and Garantor belongs to the Battanians or WE (or in my case, SE, as the other empires do not really exist anymore) again. This is frustrating. I would like to keep it, upgrade it and defend it but I cannot. Every powerless and landless lord will get it first and lose it again some time later.

My last savegame was like
Garantor Castle captured by me - Aqar gets it
Garantor Castle under siege by Battania
Sargoth under siege by Aserai
Aqar loses Garantor Castle to Battania
Sargot captured by Aserai - Aqar gets it
I am sieging Garantor Castle again
Sargot gets sieged by Battania
I conquer Garantor Castle - yet again
Aqar loses Sargoth to Battania
Garantor Castle is awarded to..guess whom? Right, to Aqar, the 'ever-landless'. I even was not eligible although I conquered it twice the same war with Battania.

I am mildly annoyed. Any advise on that?

Last edited:
Hmm...clan Tier is 6 currently. The better relationship might do the trick in the long run. Having more parties is costly, but doable - how does it impact anyways the decision or: how is clan strength determined?
Otherwise, thanks for the hint.

Hmm...clan Tier is 6 currently. The better relationship might do the trick in the long run. Having more parties is costly, but doable - how does it impact anyways the decision or: how is clan strength determined?

Clan strength = Sum of all strength of parties your clan has
Party strength = something like number of tier-1 troops x 1 + number of tier-2 troops x 2 + number of tier-3 troops x 3 + number of tier-4 troops x 4 + number of tier-5 troops x 5 + number of tier-6 troops x 6

also try to keep atleast 1 clan party in your army to gain influence so you can spend maximum influence on kingdom decisions to gain relation fast. Since clan parties cost no influence to gain cohesion to get back

Yeah..and Leadership raises automatically. Frankly, I disbanded the parties because it was annoying that they always fill up their ranks wherever I go - I cannot tell them "stop recruiting" or "recruit unless you have X men in party, then stop.". But I will think of something. And they slow me down. Has anyone experience with parties separate from main character? In my experience they just get captured as they roam the map. In my game they should patrol around my castle but run Husn Fulq instead requiring me to pick them up manually or use the appoint governor "cheat". Are autark companions a good idea or not and do they generate income for me in any way?

Yeah..and Leadership raises automatically. Frankly, I disbanded the parties because it was annoying that they always fill up their ranks wherever I go - I cannot tell them "stop recruiting" or "recruit unless you have X men in party, then stop.". But I will think of something. And they slow me down. Has anyone experience with parties separate from main character? In my experience they just get captured as they roam the map. In my game they should patrol around my castle but run Husn Fulq instead requiring me to pick them up manually or use the appoint governor "cheat". Are autark companions a good idea or not and do they generate income for me in any way?
yeah they do have the problem getting captured a lot, I have suggested additional commands for clan parties like patrolling a certain area or fief, and others have also, I thought, but could be wrong, that it is in future plans, I hope I am not wrong on it, so Much info to remember

It would be a nice boon, if we could understand, what a party AI does and what its priorities are. From what I have seen it is:
- if not at full strength, stop everywhere and recruit
- if having prisoners and loot, sell them at next city
- if encountering bandits, engage them
- if at war with faction, raid villages, chase caravans, hunt lords (getting parties lost regularly)
I do not know whether they can be recruited by NPC armies with influence.

Me too wants some behavior to be toggled like
- raid
- patrol area
- roam realm X/forbid going realm X
- chase caravans
- chase bandits
- chase and engage enemy lords
- join armies
- recruit men (up to X)
- deliver trained soldiers to location X and add to garrison

In my book, we need more ways of telling the AI what to do with our assets. Also, we should have a rally point where compoanions lost will converge after set free like travelling the way back to our holdings instead of us needing to go from Hubyar to Ocs Hall (Uxkhal?) if one gets captured.

Last edited:
You need high relations. Period. Derbert practically gave me all of Sturgia.

Back
Top Bottom