Why you shouldn't argue people on internet?

Users who are viewing this thread

*Talks about how you shouldn't argue with people on the internet.*
> Proceeds to argue with every statement under the thread.

Man I love the Taleworlds forums.

"Would" ? Academics are your sock puppets now? :smile:

In case it wasn't clear, I work in academia. So I am one of the sock puppets actually.

I'm sure several people toyed with the idea of patiently explaining to him what he does wrong, but he would just argue with you oblivious to the irony of the thread title, instead of recognizing and assimilating instant wisdom.

That is part of the fun though!

I'm sure several people toyed with the idea of patiently explaining to him what he does wrong, but he would just argue with you oblivious to the irony of the thread title, instead of recognizing and assimilating instant wisdom. Helping someone who lacks self-awareness is a thankless task.
*Talks about how you shouldn't argue with people on the internet.*
> Proceeds to argue with every statement under the thread.

Man I love the Taleworlds forums.
Here you go. (From the Page 1)
Look people, I don't say that you shan't argue or debate "EVERY" person in internet. I'm just telling you have to choose a civil person as much as you are to debate.
And given the situation you people behaving, I'm not going to answer anymore replies on this thread. You guys don't have ideas of your own, you just randomly despise those who has their own ideas. Except the @eddiemccandless. I like the way you argue. If you're still viewing this post I'd like to keep discussing this matter with you in private.

Majority of people in this thread is like "Haha he says "Don't argue people in thread" but he keeps arguing people haha lol *fart noises* lel"
A little anecdote for internet trolls: Don't join in the discussion without reading the entire thread and comments below it.

Everyone just kinda getting along, bullying the new guy on TW hits all the places of my brain that do nostalgia. :cry:
They're openly showing who they actually are, not bullying. You can't bully anyone on internet. Except some kind-hearted people gets offended by everything.
Additionally, I grew with this game since 2008 I was just a lil kid by then. I may be new to forum but the game? Nah man, definitely not.

Last edited:
You are just digging a deeper hole for yourself. Now everyone who mocks you is not an original thinker like you think you are?
I think the source of the problem is that you grossly underestimate the forumites here or grossly overestimate whatever goes on in your head.
You start "don't argue with people on the internet" thread as if this is some kind of new revelation. People here know this very well for decades, some for centuries. You are out of your league and should be very careful and open to debate. Instead you started to argue with the first neutral replies as if they were attacking you personally - that's very poor thread hosting. This kind of newbie defensiveness has been seen here thousands of times and is so predictable and boring that even mocking it is boring.
I'd advise you to take a deep breath and engage with the natives in a positive manner. But past experience tells me you are likely to disregard good advice with "don't tell me what to do" attitude. At least I've tried.

Everyone just kinda getting along, bullying the new guy on TW hits all the places of my brain that do nostalgia. :cry:
Uhm, ok, let's give it a closer look...
And I'm telling you that prestigious and distinguished proffessors I'm talking about gone beyond "being ordinary" and became "The Elites". The elites will provide us the correct information since they're not obsessed with manipulating people. They're all about being bridge between the facts and the people.
....yeah, no regrets.

Those are tears of joy, you millennial boomer.

I phrased it poorly. It sincerely made me nostalgic, I wasn't complaining.

Last edited:
Well, at first I thought it's just an obvious case of someone getting under your skin in a random comment exchange and felt guilty about ****posting, but last few posts made me retroactively learn nothing from my despicable behaviour.

some for centuries

:shock:

And given the situation you people behaving, I'm not going to answer anymore replies on this thread. You guys don't have ideas of your own, you just randomly despise those who has their own ideas. Except the @eddiemccandless. I like the way you argue. If you're still viewing this post I'd like to keep discussing this matter with you in private.

Sure. But don't be so defensive towards the forumites here. At least as far as the forum old timers are concerned, for the most part they are just going to pull your leg. The actual trolls don't usually last very long here. At least that has been my experience. Then if they pull your leg and you fart, well sorry but that's on you :wink:

Uhm, ok, let's give it a closer look...

....yeah, no regrets.

Yeaaaah I was going to say something about that myself but then I was like, you know, you shouldn't argue people on the internet. I have met several of the "big names" in my field at conferences and more often than not they were dead drunk. Many of them are unable to figure out how to use a projector, and we are talking about engineers here. This year conferences went on Zoom which led to people talking for about 10 to 15 minutes while on mute, despite people telling them that they were muted. Hardly untouchable gods. Does not mean that the work that they do is not important, but they are just people. And let's not forget that for the most part the actual work is not done by the professors, but by their students.

Yeaaaah I was going to say something about that myself but then I was like, you know, you shouldn't argue people on the internet. I have met several of the "big names" in my field at conferences and more often than not they were dead drunk. Many of them are unable to figure out how to use a projector, and we are talking about engineers here. This year conferences went on Zoom which led to people talking for about 10 to 15 minutes while on mute, despite people telling them that they were muted. Hardly untouchable gods. Does not mean that the work that they do is not important, but they are just people. And let's not forget that for the most part the actual work is not done by the professors, but by their students.
:lol:

And given the situation you people behaving, I'm not going to answer anymore replies on this thread.
You are just digging a deeper hole for yourself. Now everyone who mocks you is not an original thinker like you think you are?
I think the source of the problem is that you grossly underestimate the forumites here or grossly overestimate whatever goes on in your head.
You start "don't argue with people on the internet" thread as if this is some kind of new revelation. People here know this very well for decades, some for centuries. You are out of your league and should be very careful and open to debate. Instead you started to argue with the first neutral replies as if they were attacking you personally - that's very poor thread hosting. This kind of newbie defensiveness has been seen here thousands of times and is so predictable and boring that even mocking it is boring.
I'd advise you to take a deep breath and engage with the natives in a positive manner. But past experience tells me you are likely to disregard good advice with "don't tell me what to do" attitude. At least I've tried.
Except this one.
Oh? You decided to be serious? Finally. After decades of forum trolling you decide to open your skull and put in what Latins call "cerebrum" welcome among the living pal.
Now everyone who mocks you is not an original thinker like you think you are?
People who "thinks" that they're mocking me, they're the rats of this forum and using TaleWorlds like a reddit platform and only thing they did was coming up, saying nothing, quoting my posts and putting GIFs and emojis. Yes, things could have been different if they discussed like a human, like Eddie.
I don't underestimate people who shares their opinions, I will go with the second one and that's called having an idea.
People here know this very well for decades
I have much from to learn these people since I'm making a mistake by taking you serious.
that's very poor thread hosting. This kind of newbie defensiveness has been seen here thousands of times and is so predictable and boring that even mocking it is boring.
So you admit you're a forum rat? Thinking that you can mock people on internet. (For the records, I'm asking him, not calling him that way)
I'd advise you to take a deep breath and engage with the natives in a positive manner.
“If you’re going to say what you want to say, you’re going to hear what you don’t want to hear.”

I try to give you great advice, you reply by being offensive and argumentative. Serves me right, I guess.
Interesting how this never works. Mockery it is then.

I try to give you great advice, you reply by being offensive and argumentative. Serves me right, I guess.
Interesting how this never works. Mockery it is then.
Oh dear, oh dear, gorgeous. Sorry if I did offend you.

Anyways, take care people. This is exact same version of reddit but name is "TaleWorlds off-topic"

This went from goofy to hilarious to nostalgic to boring to absolute ****ing cringe.

Absolute emotional roller coaster. Thank you.

iu

2- ad hominem: Rather than focusing the argument. They will attack your personality; your age, your name, your looking and etc.

↓ ↓ ↓

Question 1: Do you recognize Armenian Genocide?

Question 2: Where are you from?

Question 3: Has your country commited a genocide?

Question 4: If your country has commited a genocide; which one is it and did your country recognize it?

Question 5: If your country has commited a genocide and recognized it, did they pay subsidies or reparations to the country or nationality they commited suicide on?

Do not triple post
Back
Top Bottom