Heightmap for the "Valley of the Kings" ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi. I can't get a good heightmap for "Valley of the Kings". I tried some online heightmap generating websites, and also checked some softwares(like world machine=> seems too hard for me) ---> but i only had bad results.

So, could someone share a good heightmap for the area? ( Google Haritalar )
dv_tX.png

The wanted area(insdie green rectangle )

Note this if u can help:
I need a clean heightmap for the zone above & not too small or big.. Lastly; i also need some terrain property values for importing it.

Here, example for the similar location & one of my bad try/result:

HdiYY.png

IiLrg.png

ebxOJ.png

Can you help me to get needed heightmap?

Needed for non-competitive use

Solution
you can also try tanagrams heightmapper, https://tangrams.github.io/heightmapper/
Unfortunately getting real world heightmaps can be a bit of a pain, normally what I have to do when I try to recreate a real place is use either terrain party of tanagrams, and then load the heightmap into World Machine (or Gaea I suppose) to add some erosion and to smoothen out the height a little bit. Unfortunately, there aren't many great ways to get super accurate heightmaps unless your trying to use the heightmap of entire countries or continents, and even then its going to require manual adjustment.
you can also try tanagrams heightmapper, https://tangrams.github.io/heightmapper/
Unfortunately getting real world heightmaps can be a bit of a pain, normally what I have to do when I try to recreate a real place is use either terrain party of tanagrams, and then load the heightmap into World Machine (or Gaea I suppose) to add some erosion and to smoothen out the height a little bit. Unfortunately, there aren't many great ways to get super accurate heightmaps unless your trying to use the heightmap of entire countries or continents, and even then its going to require manual adjustment.

Upvote 0
Solution
I tried that one too but result is similar. And, i dont want to use modding kit before preparing a proper heightmap.
Maybe i just need to give up for Valley of Kings; hobby project.

But, you or others can bring this place to Bannerlord's sp/mp..
One day we may see it right? I hope you -the modders- do it in the future.

Thanks for the answer btw @FoozleMcDoozle

Upvote 0
I tried that one too but result is similar. And, i dont want to use modding kit before preparing a proper heightmap.
Maybe i just need to give up for Valley of Kings; hobby project.

But, you or others can bring this place to Bannerlord's sp/mp..
One day we may see it right? I hope you -the modders- do it in the future.

Thanks for the answer btw @FoozleMcDoozle
I used https://tangrams.github.io/heightmapper/ as well, and i was satysfied with the result. The trick is with the scale during importing it and finding out depressions and other areas under sea level - but you can actually set that from website level.

It does not its work to historical campaign though since scale is too small.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom