Two Wives Haven't Gotten Pregnant - 1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

horatius7

Recruit
So I married Liena - not the prettiest lass, but good personality and could probably beat me in an arm wrestle. I put her in my party and waited at a settlement for like two weeks and she didn't get pregnant. Thought maybe it was a bug at the city or something so I went over to another city and waited another ten days or so. Camped around the map longer, and nope, never got pregnant. I figure she's barren, but don't see any indicator in the game. So, being heartless like I am and having character death enabled, I send her solo into a few battle till she bites the dust.

Now I'm remarried to (the much better looking, though slightly worse stat) Arwa! Well same story. I haven't killed her yet though cause she's hot, but I still want a kid. So am I shooting blanks or what?? Will the game let me know?

1, death/birth must be enabled. 2, you must be clan tier 3. 3, it's all based on chance, it's not automatic that it will happen on any given day, but over a lot of days it would be more likely than not.

1, death/birth must be enabled. 2, you must be clan tier 3. 3, it's all based on chance, it's not automatic that it will happen on any given day, but over a lot of days it would be more likely than not.
Why does he have too clan tier 3? I'm pretty sure I've made baby before clan tier 3, I do very early.
BTW if he got hi wife killed he must have death and birth on.

So I married Liena - not the prettiest lass,
tumblr_mh5vyzPG031qdr5ezo2_250.gif

Maybe if she is no attracted to you the % is lower for pregnancy, try improving relations with the wife (games or bartering)

Clan tier has nothing to do with it. I’ve gotten wife pregnant before clan tier 2.

Try just leaving your wife in the town and then waiting (little + button to the right of town notables). I think it may get bugged sometimes when they are in your party.

I've found that if you play games with them, talk to them in party or town, trade with them get their relations up abit to 5+ also have helped.

But I've been with some of the wives for 2-5 years before the first child got made.
Even if she was in party all the time and I waited, did all the loops etc.

So sometimes it jsut "requires" patience.

I've spammed in other threads that I wish they would just add in like there was in Viking Conquest "let me show you how much I love you" and boom 9 months later you'd have a baby(although in VC they never appeared etc though, but you "got'em" for rp purposes etc)

That way you'd let players be more in control, as the total rng is "not really awesome at times".

Awesome, thanks everybody! I'll try leaving her at my crib and then learn to actually win some of those games lol

I have experienced the same issue in one campaign. I tried everything and my wife just did not get pregnant. Then I killed her through console, got a new wife and she got pregnant in 1 day.

I have experienced the same issue in one campaign. I tried everything and my wife just did not get pregnant. Then I killed her through console, got a new wife and she got pregnant in 1 day.

eww........ sorry to hear that you have to murder your wife
well I guess there may be some setting, some woman just not fertile , and some are very fertile......

If she has negative relations with you, she won't get pregnant.

well I guess there may be some setting, some woman just not fertile , and some are very fertile......

Some women are barren, yeah. Or they were a few patches back, I'm not sure if that was kept in when the ages were adjusted.

Yes, I read that and also tried to improve relationship to 100 and anything changed.

Anyway, the best thing we can do it upload a save game with this issue. I will do it if this happens again when start new campaigns in 1.5.7.

I had the same issue, wife was in my party for like two years and no child produced. After I got my first fief i tried waiting for week or so, and again, no effect. It might be a bug (I'm on 1.56 beta) or just bad luck. I managed to fix it via console command (just google it) , wife got pregnant and after first child she was actually able to get pregnant 2nd time without using console.

Some women are barren, yeah. Or they were a few patches back, I'm not sure if that was kept in when the ages were adjusted.
so how should I improve relationship with my wife???
why would my wife have negative relationship with me??

This game is like real life. If you find the right one and want a kid you have to work at it. If you bust one off in a bar skeezer that would make the most terrible mother on earth, well..... :wink:

This game is like real life. If you find the right one and want a kid you have to work at it. If you bust one off in a bar skeezer that would make the most terrible mother on earth, well..... :wink:

haha glad I am still single now. too much commitment scare me.

but in this game, how do i improve relationship with my wife??? I don't see any option in conversation.
if it went negative, there's no way I can improve it.

Back
Top Bottom