I Have No Control Over My Vassals - I accidently started an Oligarchy

Users who are viewing this thread

So, in one of my campaigns I decided to overthrow Urkhunait and become Khan myself. After capturing Khuzait capital Chaikand, I didn't take anymore fiefs for myself and split the rest of the conquered fiefs justly with my vassals. Each of my vassals was controlling a city and a castle. But when I became the Khan and took over Khuzait, my vassals infleunces increased rapidly while mine was too low. My vassals then started a poll to start war with Southern Empire. They all voted to go war but I couldn't override it because my influence was too low for it. They created an army and took Syronea. I wanted to give the city to an Imperial, Encurion. Again, they all voted for a Khuzait warlord and I couldn't override it because my influence is too low for it.

Basically, my Khanate is now an Oligarchy. Nobles decide everything and I became their puppet.

I want each of my vassals to maintain and rule a territory but Bannerlord mechanics doesn't let doing this so I guess.

Fiefs in the Khanate are shared like this:

Orkun Khan (Me): Chaikand, Usek Castle

Tulag Beg: Ortongard, Khimli Castle, Hakkun Castle

Hurunag Beg: Akkalat, Akiser Castle

Akrum Beg: Odokh, Simira Castle, Erzenur Castle

Mesui Begum: Baltakhand, Kaysar Castle, Dinar Castle

Gusukan Beg: Makeb, Tepes Castle

Ilatar Beg: Tyal, Urikskala Castle

Taslur Beg: Syronea, Corenia Castle

As you can see here, while I tried to split the fiefs justly, I accidently created an Oligarchy.

Last edited:
That's pretty dope. I would see your situation as a nice gameplay scenario. The game is working as intended. I would not see it "Hmmm things are not going the way I want. Damn TW"

That's pretty dope. I would see your situation as a nice gameplay scenario. The game is working as intended. I would not see it "Hmmm things are not going the way I want. Damn TW"
I told this with my friends also playing Bannerlord and we made like tons of jokes about it. :grin:
And yes of course the game works perfect and realistic, I shouldn't have gave that much land to nobles, now I'm their puppet :sad:

Yea. I mean, you could start now taking each noble clan and diminish them, or outright expel each one. Is that even possible to expel a clan that has a fief, or multiple fief, from your kingdom? Or does that need a voting? Because if it does need the voting, then that means you need to cozy up with the nobles you like for them to vote your way.

That's a whole lot of enjoyable gameplay, in my opinion, thanks to the system in place. I haven't played singleplayer for some months now, that's why I am asking.

Yea. I mean, you could start now taking each noble clan and diminish them, or outright expel each one. Is that even possible to expel a clan that has a fief, or multiple fief, from your kingdom? Or does that need a voting? Because if it does need the voting, then that means you need to cozy up with the nobles you like for them to vote your way.
I voted to expel "Arkit" clan and take their fiefs "Ortongard and Khimli" to increase my influence but each of my vassals voted against me and I literally felt mocked. I'm like a jester to my vassals.

Ahh I see. Dope. Hmmm. What will be your next move?
I will fund our enemies armies and make sure wars are ongoing. I won't participate in any wars and sit in capital. Meantime, I will be saving my influence and wait enemy armies to take my nobles' lands. When they're taken I will use my influence to take them as mine. At least that is the plan. Nobles are too strong

This is one of the things I enjoy most about becoming ruler of a faction, struggling to become the ultimate sovereign of the kingdom rather than primus inter pares, trying to pass policies which give you more influence. In my experience it's actually easier in the Southern Empire as the lords are usually in favour of autocratic policies like "Sacred Majesty".

This is one of the things I enjoy most about becoming ruler of a faction, struggling to become the ultimate sovereign of the kingdom rather than primus inter pares, trying to pass policies which give you more influence. In my experience it's actually easier in the Southern Empire as the lords are usually in favour of autocratic policies like "Sacred Majesty".
I passed "Sacred Majesty" too but nobles became too strong that I can't compete their influence.

I passed "Sacred Majesty" too but nobles became too strong that I can't compete their influence.
There are other policies which benefit the ruler, and more which reduce the influence of non-ruler clans. It can be a struggle to pass them if the other clans don't support them though.

This is cool, but there should be a way to increase crown authority a la ck3, so you have more power but risk more rebellions (?)

Definitely. So now that we have town rebellions, next is clan rebellions? I want to @ mexxico, but I am pretty sure internally this has been discussed.

Definitely. So now that we have town rebellions, next is clan rebellions? I want to @ mexxico, but I am pretty sure internally this has been discussed.
Clan rebellions, national uprisings or some sort of civil war mechanic feels essential.
I passed them when there were no clans in my kingdom.
Do they have many more parties than you do? They could be getting a lot of influence from their clan members joining armies.

Clan rebellions, national uprisings or some sort of civil war mechanic feels essential.

Do they have many more parties than you do? They could be getting a lot of influence from their clan members joining armies.

It definitely feels very important. You had the defection system in Warband. I imagine something like it will be featured. I think this is worthy of consideration by the all mighty @mexxico . Fingers crossed its already in the pipeline!

No matter what you do (policies, influence, relations) a successful kingdom ends up this way.
Too many vassals doing too well for themselves and they always have enough influence to run you out and gets multiple wars going.
You can't do anything useful with them. You can get them more fiefs but you also have to defend them all too and now you can't upgrade or stock them :smile:
There's really no point in creating a kingdom over just being a powerful single clan, except just to do it because you can.
I guess you could call them all to an army and hold them until enemies take all their fiefs away, then maybe they'll leave :smile:

I have "Royal Guard" policy and my own contingent has like 250 troops. Lords has like 180-170 (only heads of the clans though, other nobles got like 120-100)

Back
Top Bottom