State of Shield Infantry in 1.5.5

Users who are viewing this thread

RIP: Bard's Alcoholic Trash Poem.

Shield Infantry has been nerfed now for how many patches in a row? Let's be honest, these Idiots don't deserve better, they're picking OP Shield Infantry!!! Kill these useless and harmless pigs.
I'm dedicated Inf player and this may sound like a meme and infantry has been crying for decade.you name it. But right now you get ****ed by both archery and cavalry without counterplay. Spears don't work often and archers will kite you forever. If archer mains and cav mains feel bad for the Shield Inf this should speak for itself...
It might sound like a meme to some, but Infantry rn is just no fun at all and unrewarding AF.
Pls fix it.
I am not talking about giving Inf strong throwing back, but please don't leave us stuck on a patch like this for five months or smth again.
PS: Beast Stats will back up on this! And that was before 1.5.5/Shield Inf nerf ONCE MORE AGAIN!!
#inflivesmatter

Last edited:
Fr tho these archers stacks getting a little annoying they just outrun u till another archer shoots u or that cav player who can only couch

This is the perfect summary. Look at Vlandia.
Hairless+Koso+Firunien played Inf and got a total of 4 kills and they are extremely good inf players.
And a skill difference did not exist in this match , it was just the nature of cav.
uzCU4O3.jpg

Last edited:
This is the perfect summary.
Hairless+Koso+Firunien played Inf and got a total of 4 kills and they are extremely good inf players.
And a skill difference did not exist in this match , it was just the nature of cav.
uzCU4O3.jpg
Perfect illustration of what it feels like as an Infantry player these days XD

uzCU4O3.jpg
it hurts my heart to say this but i guess a cav nerf should happen, but these players are the best cavs so idk
:ohdear::xf-cry:

There's been numerous suggestions on how to potentially fix this.
Make Inf more tactical by giving them a speed bonus when capturing a flag.
Increase the max speed for Inf once the initial acceleration is done.
Restrict blunt weaponry for heavy archery classes.
Hooked Spear feature from SP as a Heavy Inf option.
Etc. etc.

Tbh I personally like where Archers are at right now (crosshair function), but Crossbows have no such thing and are extremely powerful. I believe most commonly people suggested an increase in their loading time. I'm not entirely sure on how big the difference between reloading and being ready to fire accurately is between crossbows and long bows, but it'd be useful to check from this comparison.

The class system doesn't really help with balancing all of this.. If we could freely choose equipment we could make many more decisions to win a game

The class system doesn't really help with balancing all of this.. If we could freely choose equipment we could make many more decisions to win a game
I agree. I don't really mind the class system though I know it could be better, but what I really don't understand is the reasoning that it would promote more meaningful decisions during the game. If anything, the ability to customize your loadout and equipment would do exactly that and instead we're forced to just eat what is on our plates.

As it is right now anyway, each class practically has an optimal perk selection and there are a lot of classes that don't have the tools they need to deal with most problems, so there's not much decision making going on with that.

Guys it's fine. Just take stronger shield that makes you even slower so chasing archer and getting hit by unpunishable cav is even more enjoyable this way!

uzCU4O3.jpg
Lol :grin: pretty tragicomic...

Spear man against any experienced cav : %100 infantry loses btw...
Maybe buff throwing against only to horses? Make horses more vulnerable to throwing idk...

Lol :grin: pretty tragicomic...

Spear man against any experienced cav : %100 infantry loses btw...
Maybe buff throwing against only to horses? Make horses more vulnerable to throwing idk...
IDK throwings worked pretty well against archers too. It was not unbalanced and it was the only option to chase them. Now you either don't have throwings cause you play heavy inf, or your throwings deal 15 dmg to an archer, I personally just ignore them, I can deal more damage with my shot so it's nice tradeoff.
IMO doubling all throwing's damage would be ok to start with.

I think inf SHOULD be overpowered a little bit, and there's a several reasons for that.
First, most of the players are playing infantry, and you just can't ignore that and force these players to play other classes like xbow or cav.
Second, Bannerlord is meant to be inf-based game in my opinion, archers and cav are supposed to be something like support classes.
Third, both archs and cav also want to play against infantry in fights, noone likes counter strike gameplay and as an archer I'd rather shoot infantry or at least cav than other archers. I think cav also likes killing infantry in fights rather that gambling on killing enemy cav or gangbanging enemy archers.

I know devs don't take this point of view, they are forcing us to change our classes depending on what faction we are playing, they don't even appreciate an idea of class restrictions, but you can't just turn a blind eye to the fact that players only want to play their main classes, and for the most players this main class is infantry

Back
Top Bottom