Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know anything this is just my personal experience.
nah, i also reboot my pc. the problem is, at the beginning of pt memory leaks are tolerable, simply because there is not so many items and units at our disposal, so i can play 2+ hours without suffering that much, but as it now, when 1500/1500 armies battle each other, the loot, the prisoners, it simply kills my ram in a matter of 30 minutes.

I just want to say for the memory leak, it's much more effective to restart the game then to exit and reload the save. I think loading a save without exiting to menu actually makes it worse. I don't know anything this is just my personal experience. Hotfix would have been nice, sorry for those who can't play it. I can play it with only minor annoyance.
I confirm, I do the same

nah, i also reboot my pc. the problem is, at the beginning of pt memory leaks are tolerable, simply because there is not so many items and units at our disposal, so i can play 2+ hours without suffering that much, but as it now, when 1500/1500 armies battle each other, the loot, the prisoners, it simply kills my ram in a matter of 30 minutes.
I have the same problem ... I thought it was due to the poor performance of my computer, but I see it's general

Do you play static or death & birth? I have tested running the game in the back ground (not involved myself and the game gets progressively way worse when many new Lords get introduced. After fixing memory leak I hope they find a good balance of lords possibly dying enough in simulations.

Do you play static or death & birth? I have tested running the game in the back ground (not involved myself and the game gets progressively way worse when many new Lords get introduced. After fixing memory leak I hope they find a good balance of lords possibly dying enough in simulations.
I confirm the more characters there are, the more the game lags. in my game, lords never die in simulation and since I play a lot in simulation, most die of natural causes. Consequences they are very numerous. On the other hand, when I play without simulation, they die too much ... This is the reason (among other things, it is also a matter of moving faster in the game) why I hardly play in simulation. The other is that since 1.5.6, playing battles is risky every time to see the game lag.
Conversely, it may be necessary to limit the number of births. The map is not extensible ...

Last edited:
Regarding the economic aspect, it is still just as complicated:

The problem :

Suppose I have a town and a castle, good companions to run them, a few worshops and caravans. I have a "decent" income. Except that...

1 - suppoif I create several "parties", my companions recruit, but they do not calculate the expenses, and the player cannot anticipate what it will cost (or by doing too complicated and not fun calculations). So normally, since they are part of the clan he should stop recruiting and advancing their troops before it costs too much.

I propose :

1 - balance the cost of the "party".

2 - That the companions limit the number of their troops according to the money available to the clan.

3 - that the "party" troops return to their families when we disband party. They would no longer overload the barracks. Or if they return to the barracks, it is because we have the money to pay them ....

I think that for the others clans this is all calculated, and that they don't have "loss of money" troops. So why would it be different and more complicated for the player?

So normally, since they are part of the clan he should stop recruiting and advancing their troops before it costs too much.
in my experience, they can't do that because the party does not live that long. it can't exceed 1500d daily upkeep.
2 - That the companions limit the number of their troops according to the money available to the clan.
hold on, clan party is not something that just happens out of sudden, you create them and that means it is up to you to calculate expenses.

it is your task to manage your clan is it not?

in my experience, they can't do that because the party does not live that long. it can't exceed 1500d daily upkeep.

hold on, clan party is not something that just happens out of sudden, you create them and that means it is up to you to calculate expenses.

it is your task to manage your clan is it not?
Yeah but you don't have any management option or abilities. You can give them troops when you make the party, or not and they recruit themselves. You can disband the party remotely, sending them to the nearest garrison (hopefully) and you can catch and them exchange troops with them. You can't stop them from recruiting or upgrading troops though, but I think they need a certain surplus of gold to upgrade, but this doesn't take long term considerations into account.
You cannot do any things like:
Order them to go 'disband' to this specific garrison
Recruit/raise this type of unit
Don't go over this amount of cost for party
Stay near this fief
Patrol between these fiefs
Meet me now
Do this quest

i just hardly see how garrison even relevant. in my experience, it really matters not if there 100 troops or 1000. train troops in the garrison? nah.
that's not how ai recruitment work i believe, besides that would be too op. for example, i want 50 heavy axeman, you there - go fetch me, 50 sturgian warriors, real quick.
again, if i raise a party i'm pretty damn sure i can afford it. ai party does not live that long, they can't reach 3-3.5k denars as upkeep. they die faster.
Stay near this fief
yeah, the patrol option would be nice.
Meet me now
emmm... that's a rather broad question to discuss. i had 4 ai parties, and i made them only to provide body count for the kingdom. as it now ai parties have no other reason to exist.
Do this quest
oh man... like. that's the worse implementation ever. i was doing Vlandia pt the other night, so i went to the village and npc there gave me a quest to clear bandit lair, which i delegated to my companion. i went to the next village and npc there had the same quest but for a different bandit lair and i couldn't take this assignment, because of game's mechanics i just can't do that because a similar quest has been taken already /facepalm
It's just too early to consider such things imho, but the quest system needs a serious rework in general.

oh man... like. that's the worse implementation ever. i was doing Vlandia pt the other night, so i went to the village and npc there gave me a quest to clear bandit lair, which i delegated to my companion. i went to the next village and npc there had the same quest but for a different bandit lair and i couldn't take this assignment, because of game's mechanics i just can't do that because a similar quest has been taken already /facepalm
It's just too early to consider such things imho, but the quest system needs a serious rework in general.

Yeah, very poorly thought out.

i just hardly see how garrison even relevant. in my experience, it really matters not if there 100 troops or 1000. train troops in the garrison? nah.
You're lacking in experience. You need a garrison for security or your loyalty will drop and you lose the fief to rebellion. You wont have militia when you first take a fief, so if you don't drop troops in any bozo on the map can walk up and try to siege it. How nice it would be to tell your 100 man rif raf companion party to just go dump it in the new fief.

that's not how ai recruitment work i believe, besides that would be too op. for example, i want 50 heavy axeman, you there - go fetch me, 50 sturgian warriors, real quick.
Why would we complain about it if that was how it worked? Your whole argument was " you create them and that means it is up to you to calculate expenses " but we're not creating them if we don't choose what they preference to upgrade.

This was introduced in one of the patches as a fix. I remember it being possible to take more than one of the same type of quest.

You're lacking in experience.
yeah right, how about not to take a town unless you have a governor ready? like a brother of MC with loyalty bonuses, which you can pick if you do the tutorial? the problem of rebellion - solved. i have 1378 hours in this game, so i guess i know a thing or two about how to.
but we're not creating them if we don't choose what they preference to upgrade.
because if i will task a companion of gathering X number of troops of a certain kind, that would defeat the purpose of building a relationship with notables. it will allow me to skip a lot of gameplay mechanics.

Yeah but you don't have any management option or abilities. You can give them troops when you make the party, or not and they recruit themselves. You can disband the party remotely, sending them to the nearest garrison (hopefully) and you can catch and them exchange troops with them. You can't stop them from recruiting or upgrading troops though, but I think they need a certain surplus of gold to upgrade, but this doesn't take long term considerations into account.
You cannot do any things like:
Stay near this fief
Meet me now
Do this quest
I agree with you, the functions of the companions are very limited even if they do a lot of things without being asked.

There is a lack of specialties in the skills where they could be asked to progress. For now there are 4, "scout", "stewardship", doctor, and engineer. It would be good to add "trade" so that "children" can become caravanners, "tacticians" if one wishes to make strategists of them, "combatants" if one only wishes to make warriors. It would let us know what to do with all our kids.

Last edited:
These to me are fundamental options in this game: You can't do jack right now.

Stay near this fief
Meet me now
Do this quest

Why Your clan parties stopped getting any income? No matter what they do they can only lower their expenses but they never bring money. It wasn't like that before. Right now with how income sources work there is no option to upkeep additional parties in peace time. And if all income is about winning battles there's no point in having anything else or joining a kingdom cause You will have more fighting without it.

Why Your clan parties stopped getting any income? No matter what they do they can only lower their expenses but they never bring money. It wasn't like that before. Right now with how income sources work there is no option to upkeep additional parties in peace time. And if all income is about winning battles there's no point in having anything else or joining a kingdom cause You will have more fighting without it.

AI loot gains from battle were nerfed.

From taxes and the kingdom account if they go broke.

No. I mean I literally observed a clan regarding money. They had 1 fief (town with 200 men garrison and 3700 prosperity) and 2 parties (around 100 decent troops both) on the map. I was following them and checking their gold in barter screen from time to time. They were doing usual stuff and their money was steadily raising by around 1k per 3 days so around 300 a day.
My own clan party was only gaining costs doing the same stuff and that's what I don't understand.

Back
Top Bottom