SP - General Serving As an Individual in Army

Users who are viewing this thread

Serving As an Individual in Army

This perk is commonly known as "Freelancer" and I really want this to be implemented to the game. Joining a Noble's or Ruler's army as a recruit and climbing ranks and eventually becoming "Banner Knight or Khan's Guard" (highest troop tier of whatever faction you're serving in). Imagine your lord caught up on battle and has to fight against 300 while your army is just consisting 100 men. You can turn the tide of the battle based on your battling skills. After winning, you should be able to get a small amount of money and loot according to the amount of men you've killed and you should buy your own favorite weapons and armors in time. When you get defeated, you should have to find your Lord after he's released, ransomed or escaped in 15 days, otherwise you should be declared a deserter and your criminal rating in nation you're serving should jump to 100. And Eventually, when you rich and powerful enough, you should leave the army and raise your own war-party. Please TaleWorlds, make it a thing do not leave it to the modders.
@mexxico

This perk is commonly known as "Freelancer" and I really want this to be implemented to the game. Joining a Noble's or Ruler's army as a recruit and climbing ranks and eventually becoming "Banner Knight or Khan's Guard" (highest troop tier of whatever faction you're serving in). Imagine your lord caught up on battle and has to fight against 300 while your army is just consisting 100 men. You can turn the tide of the battle based on your battling skills. After winning, you should be able to get a small amount of money and loot according to the amount of men you've killed and you should buy your own favorite weapons and armors in time. When you get defeated, you should have to find your Lord after he's released, ransomed or escaped in 15 days, otherwise you should be declared a deserter and your criminal rating in nation you're serving should jump to 100. And Eventually, when you rich and powerful enough, you should leave the army and raise your own war-party. Please TaleWorlds, make it a thing do not leave it to the modders.
@mexxico
Really nice idea ?

I support this (y)
Freelancer was one of my favorite features from mods of Warband. My favorite and longest warband playthrough (using diplo.litdum) I started as a recruit in King Yarogleks party and eventually made it to vaegir knight (all this did was change your daily wage and give you new equipment). Once my renown and relationship with the king was high enough I was vassalized and played on to fight for the Vaegirs. Was honestly just one of the best progressions I've felt in a game, a true rags to riches experience.

This would be so huge for them to add and could really help early progression feel so much better and make a lot more sense, rather than the weakest person in calradia being a leader. Such a huge missed opportunity.

giphy.gif

Awesome idea. Not every playthrough do I want to be a commander.

I've had this idea of playing only with companions and mod it a bit so I can get a couple more and playing as a sort of elite force that joins AI armies.

Alas 1.5.6 turned my mediocre rig into a completely no starter for the game

I'm quite hopeful the EA will get extended.

Devs have mentioned some work that is schedule to be done for consoles, so if TW has hopes of this game doing well there, where you can't sell a game as "highly moddable" to make up for lack of features, they'll need to beef up this game quite a bit, imo.

I loved the freelancer mod in warband as well. It was my go-to start when playing with mods, and it was great fighting for a particular lord and winning relation with them as well as training combat stats. I know it is unlikely, but I would love to see something like this in Bannerlord.

@mexxico

Great Idea! This may even be a nice option to make the factions' higher tiers weapons and armor accesible to the player, for example via promotions.

+1 :xf-cry:?

In November 2018, believing in an imminent release date and with a hopeful mood, I answered this in a thread called Before becoming lords... ...

FREELANCER no more, no less... start from the bottom to elite troop as a servant and then become a knight vassal in favor of your lord.

This was not the last time I commented about Freelancer, I have advocated quite a lot for its implementation. And here again I emphasize my words; I do not understand how the idea of Freelancer mod is not part of the Bannerlord basic mechanics.

I believe that the Freelancer concept inherited from Warband modding scene and the idea that the mod Distinguished Service brings to Bannerlord, could be together a perfect combination.

Oh I loved doing that in some mods like Gekokujo.

Serving your lord loyaly, even breaking him out of prison and by the end to be rewarded with high tier for following through tough battles was a great feature.

In Bannerlord you might add a feature where you could be promoten through the ranks to be a captain of a unit, like cavalry or skirmishers.

Back
Top Bottom