Can We Have An Option to Disable The "Alt" Function For Players & AI In Battles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Seafoodking

Recruit
@mexxico Please refer to the correct person if I mistagged you.

I know it's convenient, and I'm not sure how hard it is to program it for the AI. I find it more fun and challenging if we can't "see" or know where the enemies were in a battle. This is more realistic and more challenging, and makes the game much more tactical. It will also make the scouting skills much more functional than now.

@mexxico Please refer to the correct person if I mistagged you.

I know it's convenient, and I'm not sure how hard it is to program it for the AI. I find it more fun and challenging if we can't "see" or know where the enemies were in a battle. This is more realistic and more challenging, and makes the game much more tactical. It will also make the scouting skills much more functional than now.
It's optional as is. Why does TW need to get rid of the option just because you can't stop yourself from using it? Am I missing something here? :unsure:

How about the AI? How do you tell the AI to not know where you are automatically? :grin:

Battles are supposed to be tactical.

It's optional as is. Why does TW need to get rid of the option just because you can't stop yourself from using it? Am I missing something here? :unsure:

I don't care if the AI knows where I am. The maps are to small to make it differently. The thing I really miss is banners. I don't like using those round markers showing my troops but without this and banners it's becoming such a mess on the battlefield.

Knowing where you were to follow you or run away from you and talking with the party leader before the battle does not account for knowing where you are?

If the AI is tactically competent and how could they improve that is a whole different conversation.

For that to make any sense you would have to make all enemy parties hidden on the main map itself and just stumble into battles at random times. By the time you have started a battle in Bannerlord you already had your scouts send out and spotted the enemy, so you do know at that point where the enemy will be, and ofc the same account the other way for the AI

If the game was versus players it would make sense. Games with incomplete information adds lot of fun and depth but you're playing an AI that will always know where you at all times. Say you program it that it does not, what happens when one of his units sees you? It will be communicated instantly across all it's units. I can't imagine how much process, computation, programing and ressource would be required to have each individual units to act separately. I could be wrong thought, maybe it is easy, I don't work into anything computer related.

If the game was versus players it would make sense. Games with incomplete information adds lot of fun and depth but you're playing an AI that will always know where you at all times. Say you program it that it does not, what happens when one of his units sees you? It will be communicated instantly across all it's units. I can't imagine how much process, computation, programing and ressource would be required to have each individual units to act separately. I could be wrong thought, maybe it is easy, I don't work into anything computer related.

It would be complexity for the sake of complexity, it doesn't serve any purpose, plus it would probably force some people to reduce their battle sizes to account for the extra resource requirements.

As said, just don't use it. I normally don't at the beginning and ride around to spot the position of the enemy. But sometimes in the late phases of battle the "Alt" function is too useful to ignore, I always have the round unit markers disabled, so it's sometimes very difficult to localize the small rests of resistance without Alt. Think about it as the simulation of a buddy/page/aide with better situational awareness than you pointing in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom