So,is it known if TW plan to make villages 'upgradable'?

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I really hope that this will be done since villages seem pretty pointless now apart from being passive income generators.

We need a reason to feel like this is MY VILLAGE and I want to take care of it, spend money on it and help it to grow and prosper.

Warband and Viking Conquest had this feature.

I can't remember if it's planned for Bannerlord as well?

Last edited:
The villages are just tied to the castle/town, I don't think they are doing anything else with them as far as I know. You develop the castle/town you control and the villages are tied to it. There is one repeatable development thing you can do which increases village hearths which makes them more prosperous, etc. but that is it. You are no longer the lord of just a village, but an entire region I guess (with castle and villages or town and villages)

Wow, if that's true..... then it's really really sad.... A real step backwards from the previous M+B games.

@mexxico is this for real?

No options for customisation of villages possible at all? - things like village watch towers, schools etc that were present in the previous Mount and Blade games?

Last edited:
They scrapped upgrading villages to castles.

Right now village upgrades just come from a the main (e.g. castle or town), increasing village production rate by x%
As well as them having several slots for building mines, producing different things.

I don't think the game would feel any different if the whole 'hearth' thing was removed right now. It just feels so insignificant.

Since the day one I never entered in a single village, are a totally waste of time for those who made it.

They exist to provide passive income, give quests and recruit soldiers. That is about it as it stands right now. And yes, this is a big disappointment. There should and could be much more to them.

Wow, if that's true..... then it's really really sad.... A real step backwards from the previous M+B games.

@mexxico is this for real?

No options for customisation of villages possible at all? - things like village watch towers, schools etc that were present in the previous Mount and Blade games?

Actually that 4 slots around villages were my design idea. First it is added and they remained in game since 2016s (can be 2015-2017 too not sure) then removed. In that design castles were also a project which can be built at one of these 4 slots. Even we had icons for castle construction. There were no alone castles at map. Main settlements were only vilages and towns. If you build one castle to one of village’s slots you cannot build another castle to other slots of village of course. If slot is at sea there can be only fish production at that slot.

This design removed at one point. I do not remember reason. I accept it was a bit detailed maybe it could make things harder. I drawed that design on paper actually. If I can find its drawing on paper tomorrow at office I will share it.

After now this cannot be case imo even for mods. Its nearly totally different design.

Actually that 4 slots around villages were my design idea. First it is added and they remained in game since 2016s (can be 2015-2017 too not sure) then removed. In that design castles were also a project which can be built at one of these 4 slots. Even we had icons for castle construction. There were no alone castles at map. Main settlements were only vilages and towns. If you build one castle to one of village’s slots you cannot build another castle to other slots of village of course. If slot is at sea there can be only fish production at that slot.

This design removed at one point. I do not remember reason. I accept it was a bit detailed maybe it could make things harder. I drawed that design on paper actually. If I can find its drawing on paper tomorrow at office I will share it.

After now this cannot be case imo even for mods. Its nearly totally different design.

Mexxico, I understand that, but can we at least get some kind of village development? The way it is now is just too bland. It would be great if we could do more interactions with villages. The game is just simplified in too many ways and it is no longer "Simple to understand, but complex to master" and is more like "Simple to understand and simple to master with little depth".

The villages are a perfect representation of this game.

"This design removed at one point. I do not remember reason. I accept it was a bit detailed maybe it could make things harder."

A seemingly more and more compromised shell becoming more worthless with each iteration. Any thought needed or challenge in the game is removed for the sake of a larger install base yet smaller player base.

Mexxico, I understand that, but can we at least get some kind of village development? The way it is now is just too bland. It would be great if we could do more interactions with villages. The game is just simplified in too many ways and it is no longer "Simple to understand, but complex to master" and is more like "Simple to understand and simple to master with little depth".

Currently what I see from youtube and twitch playthroughs player mostly suffer from enemy raids. It can be good to add projects also to villages or castle projects which effects its villages. Some can make them raid harder or increase militia of villages for example. I am not decider at these issues. Can think a solution and suggest it but do not know if it is accepted. I give less probability.

Currently what I see from youtube and twitch playthroughs player mostly suffer from enemy raids. It can be good to add projects also to villages or castle projects which effects its villages. Some can make them raid harder or increase militia of villages for example. I am not decider at these issues. Can think a solution and suggest it but do not know if it is accepted. I give less probability.

Well, hopefully something can be done. What you say are definitely concerns and the raiding is quite annoying so something to help with that would be great, but that wasn't really what I was saying. I am just hoping for much more interactions with the world, more role playing aspects especially.

Well, hopefully something can be done. What you say are definitely concerns and the raiding is quite annoying so something to help with that would be great, but that wasn't really what I was saying. I am just hoping for much more interactions with the world, more role playing aspects especially.
+1

@mexxico , please do give it some thinking time + suggest something .... anything would be good! Thank you for your work, (as always !)

I would steal from viking conquest. Although that ran into the same problem that fief upgrades have now, which is after so long every project is finished. Maybe villages could have a selection of daily defaults like towns that could give small bonuses to either production, militia, or hearth. Let the player/ai choose which one they want?

Back
Top Bottom