Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Education system will be in 1.5.7.
giphy.gif

Player is able to take everything from NPC when proposing his sister/daughter to marry NPC or his son. I made Derthert bankrupt by marrying my sister to one of his clan. I took all the gold (300k) and items (lot of horses) he had.
Interesting. I had to pay 40K for my brother's wife. Haven't tried sister because I read that she leaves your Clan if she marries. I might try to check it out, but I want to keep her as a steward since she can easily reach the max.

I am running three caravans, they are making around 315-326. In 1.5.5 they were making over a thousand at times.

In 1.5.6 number of merchants in world is a bit increased because now number of merchants in town is related to prosperity value of town. If town has > 6000 prosperity there are 3 merchants if town has 3000-6000 prosperity town has 2 merchants and if town has < 3000 prosperity town has 1 merchant. I am not sure about numbers but it was something like this. This info is also useful for your playthroughs, if you can increase prosperity you will have more notables in your towns. In 1.5.5 this (number of notables / merchants) was totally random and after merchants die because of old age they were not replaced, only replacement was happening if there remained no merchant / gang leader in town this means there was at least 1 of each type in towns. Now every town need to have x number of merchants with x changing according to town prosperity. Gang leaders (lets say y) are same too (y increases with prosperity too) but their numbers were different I think.

This new system increased total number of merchants in world especially in late game because now after merchants die they are also replaced after a time to reach that x number. Every merchant have one caravan in map. So if game has 100 merhants there are 100 caravans. In 1.5.5 game was starting with 90 merchants and in late game number of merchants were going down to 70-80. Now at 1.5.6 game is starting with 100 merchants and in late game this number increases to 110-120s because of increase at total prosperity of towns.

Increase of caravan count in world results in items to distributed better among towns. So this reduces price differences because now items are distributed more homogenously. Assume there is only 10 caravans at map they will make huge profits. If number of caravans increases profit per caravan reduces. So if there are more caravans in map each caravan start to make less profit like in normal life, there be more competition. In 1.5.5 average caravan profit was about 400 / day at early game and 500 / day at late game, now it is 300 / day at early game and 200 / day at mid-late game. I will try to increase caravan profit to 300-350 / day again, not sure it will be solved at 1.5.7 but will try.

Last edited:
F1-3 will stay the same but I'm looking into ways to include one click orders on F4-10 on PC.

e.g. "Toggle Fire" will still be under the F3 list but players will be able to also give that command with one of the F4-10 keys.
@emrozdemir

1. Why does f1-3 need to remain the same? We had a perfectly functioning command structure for hotkeys prior to this update, what are your plans other than a console release that would possibly merit such a change? Since your focus has shifted to console, it would make much more sense from a design standpoint to separate these two command structures based on the platform people are playing. For example: PC players - Return to the old command structure. Console players: Use the new command structure that was designed for consoles. Why can't these be two optional settings? Why do they have to be identical on both platforms? This is like you taking the PC commands and simplifying them for a port to the Gameboy which has 2 buttons, you can see how this an incredibly limiting design, so why would you do it for console controllers? You already agreed that allowing players to select Radial vs Bar menu was a good thing ,so why can't we extend this line of thinking onto the command hotkeys as well?

2. Face enemy/direction - Your proposed solution by adding single click f4 - hold fire, f5 dismount, etc is a good start, however it doesn't tackle to core of the problem with commands such as face enemy. Face direction needs to return to a single 2-key combination. Right now it requires you to toggle from "Face enemy" -(The worst order in the game by the way.) to "Face direction" each and every single time you want to adjust the angle of your troops you must do this twice. I don't know how often you play Captain Mode or Singleplayer battles, but it is unreasonable and clunky to have to toggle this setting each and every single time you want to position your troops to the correct position. We had a perfectly good and functioning system before, can we not have to degrade our PC experience just so that Billy Nobody can enjoy his Xbox release?

Please refer to this thread as it provides valuable insight into just how people feel about this new command structure and specifically Face Direction.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/face-enemy-direction.436289/

Allow me to demonstrate hypothetically how easy this system can be to choose between: Settings -> Controls -> SELECT ONE: Legacy Commands [X], New Commands [ ]. ->Apply. The old commands still exist in the old code, just pick up that old code and bring it into 1.5.6 as "Legacy keys" option, and keep your new command structure for the people who actually want it. (Not me).

Here is an example of a game with a Legacy Key feature for long time players who had grown fond of the original hotkeys for the game. In DotA 2 the developers agreed that it would be best to allow players who preferred these older more complex hotkeys to be able to optionally switch to the Legacy Hotkey setup over their new "QWERTY" key set-up that was simplified for newer casual users. You can select "Legacy Keys" In the DotA 2 settings and all your hotkeys will be switched, you can change these settings at any time if you prefer to use the different simplified hotkey system. https://dota2.gamepedia.com/Hotkeys

If the goal of this command structure was NOT for a console release: Please elaborate as to why the system was changed at all.
Are you planning on adding more formations for players to use? Are you going to be giving us additional commands and tools within that system?
If not: Please give us the option to return to our old system.

Last edited:
In 1.5.6 number of merchants in world is a bit increased because now number of merchants in town is related to prosperity value of town. If town has > 6000 prosperity there are 3 merchants if town has 3000-6000 prosperity town has 2 merchants and if town has < 3000 prosperity town has 1 merchant. I am not sure about numbers but it was something like this. This info is also useful for your playthroughs, if you can increase prosperity you will have more notables in your towns. In 1.5.5 this (number of notables / merchants) was totally random and after merchants die because of old age they were not replaced, only replacement was happening if there remained no merchant / gang leader in town this means there was at least 1 of each type in towns. Now every town need to have x number of merchants with x changing according to town prosperity. Gang leaders (lets say y) are same too (y increases with prosperity too) but their numbers were different I think.

This new system increased total number of merchants in world especially in late game because now after merchants die they are also replaced after a time to reach that x number. Every merchant have one caravan in map. So if game has 100 merhants there are 100 caravans. In 1.5.5 game was starting with 90 merchants and in late game number of merchants were going down to 70-80. Now at 1.5.6 game is starting with 100 merchants and in late game this number increases to 110-120s because of increase at total prosperity of towns.

Increase of caravan count in world results in items to distributed better among towns. So this reduces price differences because now items are distributed more homogenously. Assume there is only 10 caravans at map they will make huge profits. If number of caravans increases profit per caravan reduces. So if there are more caravans in map each caravan start to make less profit like in normal life, there be more competition. In 1.5.5 average caravan profit was about 400 / day at early game and 500 / day at late game, now it is 300 / day at early game and 200 / day at mid-late game. I will try to increase caravan profit to 300-350 / day again, not sure it will be solved at 1.5.7 but will try.
Does this mean if we wreck a kingdom with pillaging, they can recruit less due to less notables? (i.e. do notables disappear on threshold, or stay till death after reaching new thresh holds..?)

PS: if the latter, would be interesting to have quests for player / players NPC to move out some notables in settlements/villages for the purpose of inhibiting recruit availabilities

PPS: Thank you & the other mods for the great help through this journey

Last edited:

So this basically means that with new feature castles got another reason to be useless. They already have no purpose except for being village owner marker and now they are getting debuffs caused by mechanics that don't even do anything to them.

So this basically means that with new feature castles got another reason to be useless. They already have no purpose except for being village owner marker and now they are getting debuffs caused by mechanics that don't even do anything to them.

I do not understand your point. What is relationship with that feature and castles? Castles already do not have notables before that feature and it has no connection with this feature. I accept castles are a bit useless currently except their villages but this has no onnection with this new addition.

Does this mean if we wreck a kingdom with pillaging, they can recruit less due to less notables? (i.e. do notables disappear on threshold, or stay till death after reaching new thresh holds..?)

They do not disappear even town prospertiy go below thresholds. After they die they will not replaced if prosperity go below limits.

Last edited:

Thanks for the detailed response.

So with March gettig closer and closer, I assume (and hope) that the initial stated of goal of being in beta for about a year will not be met?

Very good idea to link notables and merchants to prosperity! I think that the most important is caravan are valuable investment, they are not suppose to be gold mines.

I do not understand your point. What is relationship with that feature and castles? Castles already do not have notables before that feature and it has no connection with this feature. I accept castles are a bit useless currently except their villages but this has no onnection with this new addition.

What i meant is that they gain less income with lower loyalty while there's no benefit of having it high. Right now they already give less income than the upkeep of the basic garrison. Correct me if i'm wrong but it wasn't working like that before changes to loyalty.

What i meant is that they gain less income with lower loyalty while there's no benefit of having it high. Right now they already give less income than the upkeep of the basic garrison. Correct me if i'm wrong but it wasn't working like that before changes to loyalty.
Yes but the post you quoted doesn't mention loyalty at all.
So if they do not die ( if you disable death/birth)
Once a new notable is gained it will stay forever ?
They still can get lost due to low power I think.

I do not understand your point. What is relationship with that feature and castles? Castles already do not have notables before that feature and it has no connection with this feature. I accept castles are a bit useless currently except their villages but this has no connection with this new addition.

As we're on castles now, I'd suggest a thing to make them more useful. Historically, castles were administrative and power centers which were meant to secure and rule the land around them. In the game, you may enable the castle militia or the garrison to intervene in village raids. In order to prevent big raiding parties from depleting your castle army, it would only act when the odds and very favorable for the garrison. That would essentially mean that the issue of villages being constantly raided by small parties would be solved.

Edit: Also, smithies to repair or upgrade your equipment; stables which train and sell war horses for your army. There are many little things that castles may have as exclusives.

- cavalry can hit the broad side of the barn
- "advance" command does not work in hideouts
- self-medication perk should be personal, it doesn't work on companions.
- again, huge performance drops for menus >_>
- tier of the clan grows faster than possible income, i can recruit as it now ~ 130 troops, yet i can only support around 40 without going negative by income with 4 running workshops. no caravans, i can't afford them >_> and what is more important i highly doubt they would pay off. as a short-term goal, they might help with income, but only until i join some kingdom (threat of being raided by minor clans)

speaking of which... gotta go and start a war with a minor clan... for slaves and trinkets.

Yes castles need to server a good purpose, they should be harder to siege and capture and maybe higher garrison cap because they are military types and need an advantage since towns are wanted. They need to be just as important to a kingdom as a town is. Some military type advantage, higher garrison cap, double or triple the training rate of troops, they need something to be desirable

Back
Top Bottom