Party wages are too high in 1.5.6 beta

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm well aware that castles weren't finacial centers historically speaking but game mechanics wise having them be inferior to towns in every way makes zero sense. Buffing castle finances slightly or greatly reducing garrison cost would be a temporary fix. In the perfect world, towns would have rather smaller weaker garrisons while castles would have stronger larger garrisons. Castles would also provide superior troops in the surrounding villages compared to just recruits at the town to represent the increase military focus of a castle.

Also there is no defensive advantage of a castle over a town. You can build tier 3 walls on each as far as im aware.

My suggestion is increase quality of recruits around castle villages by a new building chain.. Maybe a barracks or training field building that will increase the amount of higher tier troops spawning In castle villages besides the current exp per day to garrison structures. Also a building to reduce garrison cost would be nice. At the same time, reduce the amount of garrison cap a town can have per level of walls. Maybe add notables to the castles that have noble troops or something. Lots of stuff they could do
It's one thing that's definitely seemed to be missing, the barracks thing. I swore you could build barracks in warband...

I also feel the income from workshop is too little, currently I have 5 workshop, all in pretty good prosperity cities, and I build each workshop based on the nearby village materials, olive => olive oil, silver => jewelry. but still each workshop only produce 100-200 gold per day, so 5 workshop only output 600-800. 800 gold barely cover for my troops wages

and the equipment (armor and weapon) price is also ridiculous expensive.
so15000+ gold just for one good armor, also 15000+ to open a workshop, so a armor is worth of a workshop???
I almost never buy any armor, because I can't afford it
I only equip with the looted armor and weapon
after playing 200+ days. This is pathetic.
You think it’s odd armor cost as much as a workshop? That was a medieval standard. A good suit of armor or sword did, in fact, cost that much as an equivalence.

the idea to make the castles more meaningful.
add NPCs to the castle, from which it will be possible to recruit units from secondary factions

the idea to make the castles more meaningful.
add NPCs to the castle, from which it will be possible to recruit units from secondary factions

Would love to see notables added to castles. Maybe we could pay denar to have a secondary faction representative come and stay at our castle for a while and train troops. I think Floris mod from warband had something like this. Oh the potential.

first of all I want to thank the devs for this game.It managed to keep me above the line with some personal life problems.second of all sorry for some misspelled words I am romanian(greatest firends and enemys to turkey :grin:).I know the game will be great at his launch and I am having a lot of fun with this games since launched in ea.For the castels it will be nice if you leave soldiers in the castel garrison it would be nice for the devs to take a note from total war medieval 2 and have a upkeep reduction.For buildings castels should have thinks like smiths and the baracks + a range units building should let you recruit better units.For defence you could actualy ad a castelan in the castel and order him to build for the villages to build a wooden palisade and watch towers for them to be more like some small burgs from anglo saxon england in early medieval.So in this way the viliges of castels can have an economical purpose and viliges from towns to have more of a production purpose.the castel viliges should have veteran militia since you know castels are a military structure.

I made it to mid game in my current playthrough. Im starting to notice its very difficult to maintain my own party and my companion party due to high wages recruitment cost and food cost.

Due note I currently have 3 castles with only 1 of them properly garrisoned my main fief. The others are relying on milita in order to keep garrison cost down. I also have four workshops making around 500 per day total. The castles and their villages maybe make another 500 denar per day so total income 1000 per day.

I have two party slots right now, one filled by my brother nogan the other by 'the brave' archetype wanderer. These are the real money drains. As soon as you tell them to make a party they seem to go and spend about 3k to 4 k denar on food. You can tell when they spawn in a city on the world map immediately dump 3k denar and proceed to slowly move to the nearest village to recruit at 1.0 map speed most likely due to being overencumbered. Hope a bandit doesn't intercept them during this time or bye bye 3k worth of food. Then they will spend another 2k or so just getting their troops replenished at the villages. Before its all over your 10k in the hole. Not to mention my own party is costing about 500 denar per day alot of that due to how overpriced companions are with many of them costing around 50 denar per day. Side note why does my family and brother cost gold per day the same as a tier 6 unit wtf. Early game your better off leaving your brother in tbe tavern because he cost to much to bring along in your party.

With bringing in 1000 per day and having 2 other parties active I found unable to sustain unless constantly winning big battles where battle loot essentially funded everything. And sooner or later my parties got wiped and I wiped and now I'm rebuilding and its just really really a pain. Is it possible passive income can be boosted just a little?
Well THE PRICING of some of the troops realy needed to go HIGHER WHY well in Bannerlord unlike what was in Warband you LITTERALY can earn 100k-200k in a matter of several hours of play unlike in Warband where you could hardly earn 50k and even that you can acieve that (when having party/army) in several days of play.So in my oppinion there deffinetly should be some balance in troop price bcs in Bannerlord you get troops like they are some action figurinese and you litteraly earn 100k so easly that is ridiculous how easy it is especialy now when you can littealy hire higher tier troops without needing to slowly train the troops up to higher lvl at all you just need good relations and boom can hire higher lvl troops.Almostv everything in Bannerlord is so easy even on so called realistic mode espiecaly earning money that you can easly recruit and easly earn money in like 3-5 hours of play you alredy are 100x times richer than what you would be in Warband.

So i dont know for MY way of play the price increase for certain troop tiers is DEFFINETLY NEEDED and companions SHOULD HAVE HIGH PRICE TAG especialy the more HIGHER LVL companions bcs unlike normal random soldiers companions have skills and can also be made into vassal so companions should DEFFINETLY HAVE HIGH PRICE TAG.I dont want some alredy easy lik mobile game to be EVEN MORE EASY.Its alredy easy enough doing certain things that its like baffling to see and you now want to be even more easy heck no.I want some challange here and there to stay in Bannerlord where you need to use some thinking for once and not just dont care and not needing to give some thoughts bcs you constantly have money and constantly can hire HIGH LVL/TIER troops without any problems or need to train.If you want it to be so easy then i suggest you to use some mods in future or you yourself go in code and tweek it to be easy for you but VANILA should stay at certain quality and have certain challnages remain and not constantly change bcs 5 people cant play an game (for now to me its realy easy 100x tiems easyer to play and finish than Warband) that turned so casual and so easy that its sad.

This is not a rant nor attack im just stating that for my play there should be some challanges in the game and not all be extremly watered down easy mobile like game/playthrou.

Except all the other AI clans of equal tier also can support multiple parties no problem. Clearly there is a balance problem somewhere.
They are done that way/coded that way BCS PLAYER HAVE SO SO MUCH OF BENEFITS,ADVANTAGES AND SO MUCH LEAWAYS that Ai would be crushed so so EASLY by the player WICH PLAYER CAN ALREY DO JUST NEEDS HIGER PARTY NUMBERS.I even watched so many PLAYERS/Youtubers that dont even care bcs its SO EASY TO BEAT NON SENSICAL AI (espeicaly in Sieges part of the game) that like 99% of players just do famous F1 F3 or just do auto resolve bcs its JUST THAT EASY.Bannerlords AI is litteraly copy paste of Warbands with almost no improvements at all so its extremly EASY EXPLOITABLE.In Footages from the past and interviews we were promised and given footage of AI lord commanding you and Ai commanders using ACTUAL Tactics and ACTUAL Formations BUT that is not in the game/this build for no (I HOPE WE GET THAT AND NOT JUST BEING A MARKET/PROMOTION SCEME).So to mitigate that and to lesser the players as ALMIGHTY GOD WHO KNOWS EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE alongside EASLY CAN F1 F3 EVERY SINGLE AI due to AI being so dumb they added some of the staff to help out AIs so that they can have atleast some small advantages over player bcs UNLIKE AI PLAYER CAN EASY DO EVERYTHING IT WANTS AND EXPLOIT EVERYTHING IT SEES WHILE AI CAN ONLY GO BY THE WAY GAME WAS CODED/DONE AI JUST FOLLOWS A SCRIPT WHILE PLAYER BY ALREDY BEING ABLE TO GO OFF SCRIPT ALREDY MAKES PLAYER ALL MIGHTY GOD IN THE GAME RIGHT FROM THE GETGO.

@Ragemaster9999 can you send your save game to [email protected]. I wonder how your 3 castles and their villages make total of 500 income per day. I will examine a bit.

Yes, your other clan parties spend so much on food and party wages. After adding clan party management things can be a bit easier for players.
I realy dont like the word easy bcs game is aredy way way to easy even on Realistic mode and player is alredy a God compared to games Ai due to Multiple reasons.I realy dont like even more easy for the player things bcs Player itself is aredy egtting a cake and eathing it right from the start.I personaly would prefer atleats when on Realistic dificutly that player needs to make a cake,then need to bake it,serve it and then eat it bcs now everything is given o a silver plate and player just straight out eating the cake from silver plate without even offering the cake to others.

Once workshops give 200-300 again and caravans around 500, plus the change for making t1,t2,t3 un keep cheaper in castles, I think we won’t have much problems with money.

People are habbituated (me included) to keep parties full of elites and see positive income every day, which is pretty OP for the player.
FACTS!!!!
Everyone wants a cake delivered on silver plate and eat it all then complain how the game is no fun bcs its so extremly easy bcs the game can be finished in a matter of 2-3 days (depending how someone plays it).BUT then when devs go and waste their time on making game longer then same people go back on forum and complain how they game is now suddenly hard bcs they cant earn 100k-200k in a matter of 2 hours of play and ho they cant have 100+ elite party so they cant go F1 F3 or auto resolve.
Devs cant win no matter what they do and players constantly shift their demands deppending on their modd on specific days.One time tey say its easy devs then go and waste time on trying to make it bit mroe non easy then same people next day go back adn say how its hard cbs they cant have elite tier troops and 100k in their pocket in 3-5h of play.

Because it has loyalty and security stats! :razz:
you're right. castles shouldn't have militia.
but they'd have to buff villages income so that you can put a decent garrison in them.
maybe have the villagers run to the castle when their villages are being raided so their hearths wouldn't drop as much as town bound villages do?

Because it has loyalty and security stats! :razz:

I think we should remove loyality and security variables from castles because they do not go rebellion. I said this last week to design team but these two variables have several more minor effects too (if security is less than 25% tax is decreased by 10%, which is not good design imo because alredy loyality effects tax and security effects loyality)

current situation :
loyality effects rebellion
loyality effects tax
loyality effects building speed
security effects tax
security effects loyality

If loyality and security is removed from castles production can always continue and tax (which is so low compared to towns) can always be collected. These will not create any problems.

Of course this is my preference it can change person to person. I prefer getting rid of nearly useless variables and reduce complexity if it does not add positives to gameplay. I am not aganist complexity but if we create complexity it should add something to gameplay.

Last edited:
I think we should remove loyality and security variables from castles because they do not go rebellion. I said this last week to design team but these two variables have several more minor effects too (if security is less than 25% tax is decreased by 10%, which is not good design imo because alredy loyality effects tax and security effects loyality)

current situation :
loyality effects tax
security effects tax

If loyality and security is removed from castles production can always continue and tax (which is so low compared to towns) can always be collected. These will not create any problems.

Of course this is my preference it can change person to person. I prefer getting rid of nearly useless variables and reduce complexity if it does not add positives to gameplay. I am not aganist complexity but if we create complexity it should add something to gameplay.
The other thing you guys can do Mexico is have bandit spans sync with security, so the lower the security of a castle or town, the more Bandits and Looters show up.

There are plenty of ways to utilize these stats, and I like how low security affects income. That is a nice touch??

The other thing you guys can do Mexico is have bandit spans sync with security, so the lower the security of a castle or town, the more Bandits and Looters show up.

There are plenty of ways to utilize these stats, and I like how low security affects income. That is a nice touch??
100% agree with this.

Why should they? A castle was a staging ground for Lords to maintain and oversee their lands, versus the major cities which were economic centers, and places with far more political intrigue

current situation :
loyality effects tax
security effects tax

Okay the real reason: So I can kick the rebels out and easily take more free property! :smile: When I see a rebellion I race to attack them before their old faction does! If I could collect the castles too it would the perfect plan! There may be a day when there are too many rebel clans that hate me though lol

But I agree if the stats are unused it might as well be simplified

Okay the real reason: So I can kick the rebels out and easily take more free property! :smile: When I see a rebellion I race to attack them before their old faction does! If I could collect the castles too it would the perfect plan! There may be a day when there are too many rebel clans that hate me though lol

But I agree if the stats are unused it might as well be simplified

While implementing rebellion we discussed with @lottendill and @SadShogun (who implemented that feature) this (players to capture rebel towns) will be the common case in future. I think its good to have this because otherwise player need to attack kingdoms which are generally stronger than rebels to take their initial fiefs which can cause problems for them, when player take a fief from a kingdom kingdoms come back with strong armies to take it back. So rebellions are good for players especially starting their kingdoms to get a new property without being enemy to kingdoms. When you do this you do not be enemy to old owner of that town but actually that kingdom lose a town to player. Maybe player can lose relation with king of old kingdom in this scenario but this case is not enough for starting a war.

Also in another post one player mentioned he want to recruit rebel clans which lost their initial town and waiting in a castle player owned. I think this can be a good feature too. We need to think this.

About security to effect tax income, I dont like we have a direct 10% penalty when security is lower than 25%, its already very low effect and make things directly effecting each other, already security effects loyality and loyality effects tax, I think having a third direct effect : security effect tax is much. I prefer an indirect effect of security on tax something like @Earth Dragon suggested. Only loyality should be direct effect on tax imo.

Last edited:
While implementing rebellion we discussed with @lottendill and @SadShogun (who implemented that feature) this (players to capture rebel towns) will be the common case in future. I think its good to have this because otherwise player need to attack kingdoms which are generally stronger than rebels to take their initial fiefs which can cause problems for them, when player take a fief from a kingdom kingdoms come back with strong armies to take it back. So rebellions are good for players especially starting their kingdoms to get a new property without being enemy to kingdoms. When you do this you do not be enemy to old owner of that town but actually that kingdom lose a town to player. Maybe player can lose relation with king of old kingdom in this scenario but this case is not enough for starting a war.

Also in another post one player mentioned he want to recruit rebel clans which lost their initial town and waiting in a castle player owned. I think this can be a good feature too. We need to think this.

About security to effect tax income, I dont like we have a direct 10% penalty when security is lower than 25%, its already very low effect and make things directly effecting each other, already security effects loyality and loyality effects tax, I think having a third direct effect : security effect tax is much. I prefer an indirect effect of security on tax something like @Earth Dragon suggested. Only loyality should be direct effect on tax imo.
I'm glad it's an intended ability to take them! I was also worried about if the old faction might eventually attack me. I don't think war can be declared on an independent player Clan in 1.5.6 still. I've been independent at war with 1 faction for a good while now and I think somebody would have attacked me if it was possible. I did notice that the minor faction embers of the flame made peace with me on their own, which I had never seen happen before.

I like the way that sounds. Hopefully you will end up implementing both, it would be another hole in the ice where to fish.

@Ragemaster9999 can you send your save game to [email protected]. I wonder how your 3 castles and their villages make total of 500 income per day. I will examine a bit.

Yes, your other clan parties spend so much on food and party wages. After adding clan party management things can be a bit easier for players.
Hello,

I sent some savegames to the same e-mail, with descriptions. I am also having the same issue, as well as some others.

Also -
Ragemaster9999 said:
Except for there is nothing better about a castle over a town. If it is more military focused as you say, then its village should provide better troops whether higher tier or more noble troops than the towns, but even a town has way more recruits avaiable then the castle, because the castle itself does not have any notables, where most towns have four. My suggestion is to add a new building buildable only at castles that increases the quality of the recruits at the attached village or something similar. Give me a reason to want to own a castle, over a town, because currently there is none. There should be pros and cons to each feif type, not castle just being an inferior fief, as is currently the case.
Yes. This is one of the weakest point of Bannerlord’s design. Castles should provide owner clan and kingdom some military advantage. I was already thinking about solutions of this.

I have listed some creative ideas that can get you thinking about a solution in my signature (kreamys real warfare). Some ideas that will maybe be helpful to start thinking from..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom