Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I have 3 workshops (2 breweries 1 wine) and 2 caravans and can barely maintain an army of 35 with a mixture of high and low tier troops. We waited a month for this? Come on......

I spammed workshops and found that I was able to stay cost neutral or even positive with full armies. First time in a LONG TIME that I have seen that. Selling junk is farm more profitable, though, and caravans might as well not be in the game.

The memory leak should be an embarrassment, though. How do you go through weeks of testing and not notice that? I noticed within a few hours.

So a new Object is generated everytime the item list is loaded and the old object is not freed?

Any idea what Datastructure is used to store the items internally?

Haven't looked and don't plan to, right now I am looking for a way to fix the damn shield wall, faster troops are moving in first and dying because they get isolated. It may not even be the item references themselves, but other checks that are made, like average prices in towns and such, somewhere along there are instances staying alive.

What's wrong with the troops never closing their fists bug? This was not a thing when the game released at first and it's been like this already for a few months. Don't you plan to fix this, @Callum?
3800ffae29be02fe4f4050bf449e7f47.jpg

It happens when you reach a distance away from the character. I would say this is related to performance, just like other games have rendering distance or lower resolution textures that are used for things that are further away.

Crashing all the time in larger battles. Cannot play. Sent crash dumps. Hoping for fix.

edit: No Mods. Never used any mods. Latest drivers.

Last edited:
I spammed workshops and found that I was able to stay cost neutral or even positive with full armies. First time in a LONG TIME that I have seen that. Selling junk is farm more profitable, though, and caravans might as well not be in the game.

The memory leak should be an embarrassment, though. How do you go through weeks of testing and not notice that? I noticed within a few hours.
How many workshops can you make?

I made a winery, it's making 20 per day lol. My smithy is at 0 lol. This is just absurd.
I made a jewelry shop, it does okay 130-170. I just wonder cuz he said spammed them and I don't recall being able to have more then 4 or 5 in the past.
If you could buy them all like in warband..... well.... I would just buy them all :razz:

I made a jewelry shop, it does okay 130-170. I just wonder cuz he said spammed them and I don't recall being able to have more then 4 or 5 in the past.
If you could buy them all like in warband..... well.... I would just buy them all :razz:

Maybe he has Bannerlord Tweaks or some other mode that allows him to change number you could own. AFAIK 6 is maximum at lvl 6 clan.

Tho I've stopped bothering with workshops long time ago. Poor investment that can take literal year or two of in-game time just to pay off. And even when taking the best option for any given town max I've seen is about 200-250 denars of profit on a good day (well there was that bug with tanneries in previous patch). Take into consideration raiding and hordes of bandits in later game that disrupt supply chain and it makes you change shop type on practically weekly basis.

Caravans I won't even talk about...

Maybe he has Bannerlord Tweaks or some other mode that allows him to change number you could own. AFAIK 6 is maximum at lvl 6 clan.

Tho I've stopped bothering with workshops long time ago. Poor investment that can take literal year or two of in-game time just to pay off. And even when taking the best option for any given town max I've seen is about 200-250 denars of profit on a good day (well there was that bug with tanneries in previous patch). Take into consideration raiding and hordes of bandits in later game that disrupt supply chain and it makes you change shop type on practically weekly basis.

Caravans I won't even talk about...
I agree, at best workshops are just win more, useless if you really need 50-150 more day, but why not if you're sitting on a million+ and just want to admire your daily balance. Caravans require a companion, so no deal. Now if there where perk to use caravan for offensive purposes(extra field power).... then I'd be in business. The Jewelry shop is in my town with 5-6k prosperity and has a silver village, so I though might as Well. But the pay is not what I though, could be there's to low of prosperity in the world overall to fuel jewelry consumption, or just the town.

You have to be really careful about which workshops you buy. A tannery in Sibir for example is decent because it's always full of hides, but a smithy in Balgard will often stay at 0. Of course each game is different since it's tied to wars and prosperity to some extend, but there are tendencies.
It's more of an issue with caravans and the way they buy / sell stuff than workshops I think.

Last edited:
I really don't understand where I have to build my workshops. I just look in the trade menu and if the input e. g. Silverore is cheap and jewelry is average/expensive I plant a silversmith in that town. Making 250 a day, it's OK.

Problem right now is that my 2 castles lose prosperity and I can't do anything against it. The laws of the aseri seems to set in Stone with - 1.7 prosperity a day. Even arwa can only reduce it to - 0.7 a day.

Regarding that problem and a 150 tier 5,6 party I choose the battle way to make money. Raiding villages, pursue villagers, fighting lords to start new wars and now I'm nearly hitting 1M denars with a daily negative income of - 3000 denars a day

Choosing the city to buy workshops is important, you ought to choose cities with less battles around. Villagers around the city have to make it to the city fast and secure. Also there should be no raiding threat.

Galend is a good example for this. Villages are quite close to the city so villagers are able to get there without being attacked by bandits and it is deep in the lands of Vlandia, so enemies do not prefer to raid those villages.

Choosing the city to buy workshops is important, you ought to choose cities with less battles around. Villagers around the city have to make it to the city fast and secure. Also there should be no raiding threat.

Galend is a good example for this. Villages are quite close to the city so villagers are able to get there without being attacked by bandits and it is deep in the lands of Vlandia, so enemies do not prefer to raid those villages.

Cities visited by a lot of caravans are also good cause You can open a workshop producing goods that are needed in the city and expensive. The only downside is You will rely on trade and this can fluctuate. It's good if You open a workshop using raw materials that are available in other cities of the same faction. This way You can reduce the impact of wars on trade cause You will have caravans of the same faction bringing goods.

Workshops need work bad, with the new economy in 1.5.6 that has changed pricing bad so if you make 100 early game be happy which is sad since it takes around almost 2 years just to turn a profit, but there are some that can make decent money. Some need work really bad, wood workshops, smithy, tannery, are just a couple that are just awful. I feel workshops will be a terrible mechanic for all of early access, Heck right now it is so bad I am trying to work with mexxico to get caravans working right as I am averaging only 200 a day for a caravan compared to 400 in 1.5.5 so we just have to deal wild returns each branch till they get it right and stable

Does everyone experience this memory leak problem? I'd like to play but hesitant to start a campaign if that's definitely going to start happening.

everyone is. play 1.5.5 or wait for 1.5.7.
sigh

I was going to start one on 1.5.5 until I saw this in the 1.5.6 patch notes:

• Fixed a bug that prevented children of Calradia from spawning when they became 18 years old.
  • Fixed a bug that didn't allow the player to pick his/her child as their heir and also didn't allow children to have a party after becoming 18 years old.
I thought this had been fixed in 1.5.5. Without these fixes any campaign will come to the same inevitable dead end. Just want a version I can stick to and play a long campaign with multiple generations. Also want the rebellions. I guess I'll have to wait.

Player is able to take everything from NPC when proposing his sister/daughter to marry NPC or his son. I made Derthert bankrupt by marrying my sister to one of his clan. I took all the gold (300k) and items (lot of horses) he had.

sigh

I was going to start one on 1.5.5 until I saw this in the 1.5.6 patch notes:

• Fixed a bug that prevented children of Calradia from spawning when they became 18 years old.
  • Fixed a bug that didn't allow the player to pick his/her child as their heir and also didn't allow children to have a party after becoming 18 years old.
I thought this had been fixed in 1.5.5. Without these fixes any campaign will come to the same inevitable dead end. Just want a version I can stick to and play a long campaign with multiple generations. Also want the rebellions. I guess I'll have to wait.
We still don't have education in 1.5.6, so your kids still end up useless at 18.

Back
Top Bottom