Let's Talk About Editing Game Files

Users who are viewing this thread

There are multiple active members of the NA Bannerlord Community that exploit through editing their in-game files and changing their character sizes. This needs to be addressed, and has been brought up many times by other forum users but seems to be neglected. This is without a doubt exploiting and should be treated as such. Reports are overlooked on this matter.

I would like to know the following:

1. Is TaleWorlds aware of this exploit?

2. What steps will TaleWorlds take to ensure that it is countered?

Thank you, I look forward to hearing back from TaleWorlds on this matter.

Note: I expect many of the people responsible for abusing this exploit to post messages on this thread discrediting this claim, or attacking it's purpose. Regardless, it's an issue and I'm willing to take flack for being the one bringing it up if it means having it removed from Multiplayer.

you guys do know, that they just still havent reset the Beta-Charaktersizes that were way smaller then they are now. I doubt its about game files, since i believe its serversaved, but i have no real clue just a guess. Anyway the Beta-Characters needs to be reset in hight (as was promised several month ago)

We are not aware of any way players could edit their characters outside of the allowed value ranges If you can provide any video proof of that we are more than happy to investigate.
you guys do know, that they just still havent reset the Beta-Charaktersizes that were way smaller then they are now. I doubt its about game files, since i believe its serversaved, but i have no real clue just a guess. Anyway the Beta-Characters needs to be reset in hight (as was promised several month ago)
If you can provide any player body that is not normal we are happy to check our database and fix if there is an issue. Please PM me the details of these players if you can provide.

Last edited:
I don't even know how this is possible. If the character data is saved server-side, isn't it possible to write a procedure that changes the height to the intended cap or punishes those that went below it? How can this even be an issue.

I don't even know how this is possible. If the character data is saved server-side, isn't it possible to write a procedure that changes the height to the intended cap or punishes those that went below it? How can this even be an issue.
This is why you call it an exploit, it bypasses the server side check. It's how the first giant exploit was done in the beta, by modifying the game properties directly in the libraries. Bypassing any verification since you never actually send a verification when you tell the game models are x3 their normal height

This is why you call it an exploit, it bypasses the server side check. It's how the first giant exploit was done in the beta, by modifying the game properties directly in the libraries. Bypassing any verification since you never actually send a verification when you tell the game models are x3 their normal height
But how are you able to do this much with client side exploits? If the server simply didn't save height values below a certain threshold, it wouldn't at all matter what people do with their client code. I'm just a bit confused what kind of architecture even allows for such a thing.

But how are you able to do this much with client side exploits? If the server simply didn't save height values below a certain threshold, it wouldn't at all matter what people do with their client code. I'm just a bit confused what kind of architecture even allows for such a thing.
I am not sure honestly, i was surprised that i was able to modify the libraries freely and be able to change my height by simply saving the changes and just booting without having to do anything else.

While this has been fixed in the meantime, i don't think it would be insane to believe the exploit is something very simple. Also from my understanding the lobbyserver does most of the checking, once you're inside of a server it wouldn't surprise me that there isn't a check for height size.

Because we fixed the problems we know regarding this. IF you know any more methods that can affect the files, please let us know so we can fix them too.

Those that don't exploit, such as myself, wouldn't know how to tell you to fix it since we aren't in the business of exploiting so unless one of the people that edits their game files wants to come on this thread and give up the secret I doubt you'll get an answer to be honest.

Haven't played in a while but as of a couple months ago you could do this without touching any files. Literally all you had to do was create a character in singleplayer (which has a less restrictive height slider), use the built in copy/paste function on the character customization screen to grab the face-key, then paste it in to the multiplayer character customization screen. Maybe there is another method people are using because the one I just detailed has been brought up so many times it would be crazy if it still wasn't fixed. Another scenario would be if someone had a character they haven't changed since before the beta patch that restricted the slider, but it looks like that's been discussed already.

Last edited:
image.png

Back
Top Bottom