Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.5
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Starting situation:
- Main questline progress - after 520 in-game days - is sitting at the 5-choices stage: 'Assemble the Dragon Banner', 'Create/Support an imperial faction', 'Create/support a non-imperial faction'.
- I started an imperial faction 300'is in-game days ago, but didn't talk to Istiana at that time to avoid triggering the 'Unify the Empire' quest THEN.
- After 520 in-game days, my faction now owns 31 out of 44 cities and castles (didn't do the villages count) with Imperial culture.

Problem:
- Around in-game day 524, I talked to Istiana about creating an imperial faction.
- The game then completes/fails the aforementioned 5 quests correctly, and issues the 'Unify the Empire' quest.
- I was expecting said quest to auto-complete as well, but it didn't.

Is this a bug, is my math wrong, or do I interpret the 'own 2/3 of imperial settlements' requirement wrong? If it's the last thing: what are the EXACT requirements to complete 'Unify the Empire'?

Thanks for the advice Tierre, but what do you mean by 'eliminated'?:
- Made it so they don't own any castles or cities?
- Executed their leader?
- Something else?

Option number 1 - got all their castles and towns.
However, I did not choose "unite the empire", but "eliminate the empire".
In my game, when all the cities and castles of the imperial faction were captured, the quest trigger for their surrender or destruction was triggered.

For example - there is no such trigger for Sturgia - and Sturgia continues to exist, despite the fact that it has no cities and castles.

Starting situation:
- Main questline progress - after 520 in-game days - is sitting at the 5-choices stage: 'Assemble the Dragon Banner', 'Create/Support an imperial faction', 'Create/support a non-imperial faction'.
- I started an imperial faction 300'is in-game days ago, but didn't talk to Istiana at that time to avoid triggering the 'Unify the Empire' quest THEN.
- After 520 in-game days, my faction now owns 31 out of 44 cities and castles (didn't do the villages count) with Imperial culture.

Problem:
- Around in-game day 524, I talked to Istiana about creating an imperial faction.
- The game then completes/fails the aforementioned 5 quests correctly, and issues the 'Unify the Empire' quest.
- I was expecting said quest to auto-complete as well, but it didn't.

Is this a bug, is my math wrong, or do I interpret the 'own 2/3 of imperial settlements' requirement wrong? If it's the last thing: what are the EXACT requirements to complete 'Unify the Empire'?
Does the quest logs report that you did not complete the quests within 10 years? This might be the issue, the main quest line fails if the player does not complete them within 10 in-game years. If this is not the issue, please upload your save file to upload.taleworlds.com. Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

Does the quest logs report that you did not complete the quests within 10 years? This might be the issue, the main quest line fails if the player does not complete them within 10 in-game years. If this is not the issue, please upload your save file to upload.taleworlds.com? Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.
Elyse, do you want a save file from BEFORE I talk to Istiana (with the 5 pre-Unify quests still active), or one AFTER I talk to Istiana (with the Unifiy the Empire quest active)?

P.S. The quest logs don't report me failing the quest after I talk to Istiana. That would be strange too, since - if I'm not mistaken - one in-game year equals 80 in-game days, and I'm only at 530'ish ing-game days right now.

If you still have the one before you spoke to Istiana, that would help better, if not, please upload your current one and I'll let you know if the QA team cannot reproduce the issue.

If you still have the one before you spoke to Istiana, that would help better, if not, please upload your current one and I'll let you know if the QA team cannot reproduce the issue.
Elyse, I have uploaded two save files, each time referencing this thread in the description:
  • 'Day 533 PreUnify.sav': saved on in-game day 533, prior tot talking to Istiana and activating the 'Unify the Empire' quest;
  • 'Day 533 Unify the Empire.sav': save on in-game day 533, after having talked to Istiana, and having the 'Unify the Empire' quest active.

UPDATE:
I continued the campaign, and managed to defeat both N, S and W Empire in such a way that:
  • They no longer held ANY castles or cities;
  • I held ALL cities and castles of Imperial culture, except 1 castle that was held by Sturgia.
At this point - which was by in-game day 605 - I went to Epicrotea and talked to Istiana about creating my Imperial faction. This time, the main questline seemed to progress normally:
  • It completed / failed the necessary quests out of the 5 quests preceding the 'Unify the Empire' quest;
  • It started the 'Unify the Empire' quest;
  • As soon as I left Epicrotea, it completed the 'Unify the Empire' quest and started a war between me and the three most powerful remaining factions.
This leads me to believe that maybe there isn't a bug, but the wording of the 'Unify the Empire' quest do NOT match its' completion conditions.

If so I HIGHLY recommend providing:
  • a better / clearer quest description for the 'Unify the Empire' quest;
  • a progress tracker (visible to the player, obviously) for said quest.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as resolved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom