Big nerf of archers

Users who are viewing this thread

I still can't help but think that the game needs some form of anti-archer mechanic (Hence my earlier thread about adding super armor not unlike what is seen in some fighting games). As i've mentioned earlier, games can be won a bit too easily simply by having more archer than the other guys, which ends up forcing the other team to pick archers too unless their peasant unit costs 100 rather than 90 or 80.

Well of TW has to try lots of different things, because the archers the nerf was supposed to hit - the ones in Div A obviously - still shoot above and below your - by the way far to small - shields. Overall this patch buffed them, so saying they got nurfed is kinda weird.
#Inflivesmatter

I still can't help but think that the game needs some form of anti-archer mechanic (Hence my earlier thread about adding super armor not unlike what is seen in some fighting games). As i've mentioned earlier, games can be won a bit too easily simply by having more archer than the other guys, which ends up forcing the other team to pick archers too unless their peasant unit costs 100 rather than 90 or 80.
Warband had an anti-archer mechanic. It was shields. Now in bannerlord TW decided to make things 'realistic' so people can shoot the legs of shield bearers easily. So now the only counter to archers is more archers.

Yeah well archers are still very strong is you ask me, not even talking about the vlandian xbows..

Increasing skill requirements just makes the game more balanced so it was a good choice imo

lol cry us a river :smile:
they deserve nerfing, they kill very fast and run very fast and they have modern sniper level accuracy.
Hahaha, sweet tears of archers. Divine nectar.
+
Just saying, it's a rework and archers still are strong and they can kite now without problems since infantry can't throw at them anymore.

The only class which is borderline OP again is cavalry now and we will see how it develops.
Shield infantry got the biggest nerf, just saying.

Back
Top Bottom