Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Where people can die and have kids??? yet they have an option to turn it off. Also they had birth and old age death for months so having the option wouldn't take that much.
Honestly is it only a waste of time when it is something you don't want since I don't think it is and many others don't. I just get the feeling that anything you don't agree with is a waste of time.
Look at civ 6, how long has it been out, how many options do they have and they are still working on it. It's not a race. I am in favor on anything that offers more options for all whether I want it or not.
Or in that case why didn't we just keep old age death and birth only, since we had it for months. Why waste time now adding death in battles now they are dealing with a bug for simulated battles, and with lowering death rate from 10% to 2%. Seems like making death in battle is more a waste of time then just leaving it as old age.

Bannerlord added heirs to Mount and Blade. They did that for a reason: to make the game more detailed, in depth, with different layers of content.

Thats a new feature. They still need to figure out how it works.

Now you guys want them to waste time figuring out generational play, with warlords that can't die....so the game is constantly adding lords to the roster without taking any of them out of the game?

You cant see that as a waste of time: trying to figure out a new game feature WITH lords that can't die in battle, to please all four of you that want 100's of invincible lords in the late game.

Good luck with that.

:smile:

Don't they have a Carebear mod that does that already?

Bannerlord added heirs to Mount and Blade. They did that for a reason: to make the game more detailed, in depth, with different layers of content.

Thats a new feature. They still need to figure out how it works.

Now you guys want them to waste time figuring out generational play, with warlords that can't die....so the game is constantly adding lords to the roster without taking any of them out of the game?

You cant see that as a waste of time: trying to figure out a new game feature WITH lords that can't die in battle, to please all four of you that want 100's of invincible lords in the late game.

Good luck with that.

:smile:

Don't they have a Carebear mod that does that already?
Not sure why you get nasty but it did seem like your vision is the only one that matters and if people don't agree you get quite mad. And it is a lot more than 4, and no not 6. I would never go against someone wanting something to improve their gameplay.
I can't be as selfish as you, you have your hardcore mode be happy with it and move on

They could just add a option for no death but the PLAYER can have a few children. I guess that's what people want (like it was in early versions) but that was obviously a place holder for unfinished stuff.
I like death and birth and like 10% death chance, I'm kinda dreading if it goes down to 2% :sad:
Maybe 2% for simulated battlle and 10% for live to be more exciting for player. ANd disposing of husbandos.

Problem with doing that kind of stuff now would be having to balance the same campaign for multiple behaviors.

old age death was how we had it for 2 months and they just needed to add an option since it was already setup but also just because you want death doesn't mean devs shouldnt work on things because you don't like the option

Same could be said for wanting them to work on whatever you want. We didn't have death as we have now because other heroes wouldn't get married and have children on their own, so dying in battle would eventually kill clans. Going back to old age only would cause the hero population to grow too much over the years. This has also been mentioned in the decision to only keep the clans that "won" their rebellions instead of keeping all.

There is no "balance" required just as there isnt if a player plays on easy and recieves little damage...developers are not going around making the game harder because people are selecting 1/3rd damage lol.

How did it make sense to you that a combat setting would make a good comparison with a campaign mechanic setting?

What is going to happen when the 5 children a hero had become of age?
What is going to happen when those 5 start to have children of their own?
What happens when it is multiple clans outputting children like they were rabbits? Infinite parties?
Towns filled with nobles doing nothing because their clan reached a party cap?
Armies with thousands of troops roaming around?
Towns with no food because armies bought everything?
Mass starvation because towns can't produce enough?
What happens after a big battle?
Will the defeated have enough time to rebuild before the winner takes all their settlements?

You can't have death and birth separated without having to account for a totally different campaign.

I agree that having an ever-growing pool of immortal aristocrats would be non-fun. On the other hand, having my newly recruited siege experts, surgeons, and other totally inexperienced newbie companions repeatedly getting killed on their first battle is also non-fun (and pretty unrealistic--people like that would have been kept away from the the front lines in any historical situation). It was especially annoying since it was impossible, in game terms until yesterday. I started my campaign with "hero death" checked off, and lost three companions (with all their gear) before figuring out what was up.

There are solutions to this, I can assign companions to an unused troop slot, along with some tough troops to keep them out of trouble and send them to the back. This will probably work, and might even be arguably more "realistic" in some way (although I am not sure how they will make much progress that way). It will also be time-consuming and not at all fun. Dysentery and extreme body odor might seem more "realistic" for the period too, but I am not looking forward to the day they can be included in a game, either.

In the long term, having some way of culling an infinitely growing pool of nobles might be needed. In the short-term, having no better and less distracting way of keeping vital support NPCs alive than fiddling around with micro-managing their non-participation in a battle seems less than optimal.

Last edited:
Can somebody explain this better. Is it random check each hour or is it like a value that adds up over time (randomly on a unit each hour)?
Basically in early game prisoners were turning about as expected, but now that I have 50 good war prisoners nobody has turned?
Conformity adds up over time. Each hour a random prisoner troop is selected, and for that troop conformity gets generated. As you have more prisoners, this process will spread across troops, resulting in a slower recruitment process.

Will higher tier (4) units not turn until I have higher leadership?

Also, will tier 5 and 6 troops join now ?
You can recruit prisoner from every tier, but to recruit a tier 4 prisoner takes much more time than to recruit a tier 1 prisoner. So, if you don't have high leadership and related perks(such as Stout Defender or Fervent Attacker) you are going to wait longer.

Or will is conformity slowly building up and just taking long because of many troop types?
Yes, more troops means slower recruitment.

Conformity adds up over time. Each hour a random prisoner troop is selected, and for that troop conformity gets generated. As you have more prisoners, this process will spread across troops, resulting in a slower recruitment process.

You can recruit prisoner from every tier, but to recruit a tier 4 prisoner takes much more time than to recruit a tier 1 prisoner. So, if you don't have high leadership and related perks(such as Stout Defender or Fervent Attacker) you are going to wait longer.

Thank you so much! I just want to double check 1 thing: Is the conformity for just each type of troop or literally each individual prisoner troop? Like is having 15 Khuzait Horse archers the same a 15 different t4 units?

I got tier 5 unit for the first time too!

Thank you so much! I just want to double check 1 thing: Is the conformity for just each type of troop or literally each individual prisoner troop? Like is having 15 Khuzait Horse archers the same a 15 different t4 units?
You are welcome!
Conformity is for each type of troop. So, having 15 prisoners of one type would be different than having 15 different types.

I got tier 5 unit for the first time too!
Congrats! :smile:

more cloth varity in each type will give feel more units

Is there a way to play 1.5.6 on geforce now?

and f6 doesnt work for me.
I've noticed it's no longer necessary to f6 in siege to make units obey you, but I think that's in 1.5.5 too. Haven't tried in feild battle, because I'm control freak lol
If geforce now is the game streaming service they may have delay in updating their game, don't know for sure.

Heroes and lords dying doesn't shock me at all in a world you can play on many generation, and if it was an important companion to you just reaload! I think there is new heroes and lords generated through game right? Important companion will have better gear so will be harder to kill. And at a point you can keep your important companions in castles and use random low level companions as captains for your armies. But sometimes there is some bloodbath battles with like 4 lords and 2 companions dying: Pyrrhic victory!

on the current PT in my first army on army battle, Zheneva died in battle, soon after this clash we faced an army of Niphon. I killed archon of the Southern Empire with a javelin in the neck, so Zheneva would not go to Valhalla alone. RP over 9000

You are welcome!
Conformity is for each type of troop. So, having 15 prisoners of one type would be different than having 15 different types.

Congrats! :smile:
TY for the info, I really like the changes. It was way too easy to recruit prisoners beforehand.

giphy.gif

Hallelujah!!!! This IS Christmas !!! Yes it is !!!!

Obviously I should prefer if the death in battle was optional and even the death rate. Let's make the player decide whether it is 10 or 2 % ... why not ?

Creating separate sets of rules requires developers to waste time balancing and

I already shot down these ideas. You are repeating without refuting anything I posted and are saying things like hand grenades because you do not actually have an argument to make.

If you cannot refute my points, my points stand.

1. What is going to happen when the 5 children a hero had become of age?
2. What is going to happen when those 5 start to have children of their own?
3. What happens when it is multiple clans outputting children like they were rabbits? Infinite parties?
4. Towns filled with nobles doing nothing because their clan reached a party cap?
5. Armies with thousands of troops roaming around?
6. Towns with no food because armies bought everything?
7. Mass starvation because towns can't produce enough?
8. What happens after a big battle?
9. Will the defeated have enough time to rebuild before the winner takes all their settlements?

10. You can't have death and birth separated without having to account for a totally different campaign.

Added numbers to your points...

1. We will have more lords.
2. We will have more lords.
3. We will have more lords.
4. They will have replacement lords when I chop off their parents/brothers/cousins heads because that is still possible with Combat/Age deaths disabled and all while removing one of the biggest complaints about the later games...there not being enough lords.
5. More fun.
6. More fun as it causes different economic issues. Issues CHOSEN by the PLAYER who CHOSE to have more lords.
7. Realism.
8. Same as will with different settings and every single thing you have already experienced in the game...
9. You mean, realism? Your army gets smashed in real life, you better damn well get an another one before your enemy comes. Also, if there is a shortage due to more lords, it means youll have other lords already with an army oh snap.

10. Yes we can, via OPTIONS that YOU can chose NOT to set it to. CHOICE. Dont like it? Dont chose it.

I answered all your questions...I doubt you will refute any of mine since you havent already. Not one single person will be capable of giving any legitimate reason to not allow a player to CHOOSE how they wish to play. Not one. Because NOTHING is being taken away from YOU having that choice, because you can still choose to turn off both, or have both on, or one on and off. All anyone is going to see from your arguments is that you do not want people to be able to play differently than you do AND want to make things more difficult for some modders to make the mods they want to make.

Back
Top Bottom