Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Are these related to the main story only or we can find them in a sandbox too?
They and the destroy raider quests are directly related to the conspiracy progression. I.e. they do not appear outside of the main storyline.

Anyone able to start a new campaign? My game always CTD's before culture choice. Validated the files, but no joy.
Are you prompted to submit the dump crash files? If yes, please make sure to do so. This helps us to understand and prioritize such issues.

They and the destroy raider quests are directly related to the conspiracy progression. I.e. they do not appear outside of the main storyline.

Are you prompted to submit the dump crash files? If yes, please make sure to do so. This helps us to understand and prioritize such issues.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not prompted to submit dump crash files. I retried using save mode, same result.
I made a CTD report here:

if the player breaks truce now his clan's aggressiveness increases and it will be a bit harder / more expensive to make new peace. The player now also loses relation with the rival king if he breaks the truce.
A truce? I haven't seen a truce information in 1.5.4. At least I could attack pretty much soon enough the faction I signed a peace deal for a week or two before and suffer no visable penalties.

This is awesome! But please fix the Vlandian basic Cavalry using sumpter horses. Even the Vlandian Vanguard use Sumpter Horses!

Cataphracts got their old helmet back!

Ads-z.png

"Barbers are now visible while pressing the "ALT" key in towns."

This is the most important feature of all no questions asked, and who says different is trolling. Now give me sheep location when pressing the "ALT" key and I'm golden, best game 10/10.

In all seriousness, this was a really big update, took me a long while to read. Everything looks great, nothing that really seems like a downgrade from first sight.

Quest ideas: I read "Added a new quest - Village needs tools." as "village needs fools" and an idea for a quest popped up in my head, what if there was a "village fool trouble" that was causing trouble in a village and you have to either beat him up to teach him a lesson (evil), or talk with him and persuade him to understand his mistakes, or more things like this. Just an idea for a funny little out-of-character quest maybe. Maybe it's not the best idea, but it could add a little more flavor. Also, finding thieves, or murderers/kidnappers also sounds good, since we have that find daughter quest but she is not actually kidnapped (there could be a chance she WAS actually kidnapped and you save her, and it gives you bigger relation reward), things like this. Also for "protect brother" quest (was it brother?), there could be a roguery sided quest as well where you actually go to kill that person that usually you're supposed to protect. A certain evil vs good type of morality within quests, the yin and the yang. I think that would be really great. Instead of giving grain, how about poisoning a village's food supplies or burning their grain crops? Or to raid an enemy village. Just brainstorming, don't mind me too much.

" When "Train Troops for X" is resolved, all "Borrowed Troops" turn into regular troops. " - what does this mean exactly? Instead of sending the troops to the village, do you keep the troops? That wouldn't make much sense for the quest, but maybe I understood incorrectly.

I also appreciate that the grain quest gives relation instead of money now, it makes way more sense. More fine tunes like this that make sense and this game will turn out amazingly good. To me, relationship points are way more valuable than gold. Quest gold is good only at the start of the game, and there certainly should be certain quests that are there to give you money and not relationship, but there should be quests for relationships and also quests to give skill points (roguery etc), I think that's the best approach to questing, having different quests for different purposes, maybe even make the Exclamation Mark instead of blue, other colors (red for evil quests, gray for neutral, and blue or green for "good-natured quests".

All in all, perks/leveling system still needs work/rework, but this update feels significant enough that it renewed my patience for those problems to be fixed, it all looks very good and am looking forward to the next update! Thank you for your work.

Back
Top Bottom