Can we have a debate about women without getting it locked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like medieval history, I happen to not be waging a culture war against it. This is the modern left. People did not do this 20 years ago.

What do you think about the modern right glorifying a bunch of incompetent, genocidal buffons and so called """Christian"""" politicians who get caught in a sex scandal each week? It's only fair to ask in return. At least your idea of "left" (only in your head) is honest about their ideas.

I would rather have a so-called "culture war" (it doesn't exist, get over it) against medieval history than a hypocrite "Christian" dictatorship. Why do you act like you're some kind of defender of medieval history? You're not a real historian
-snip-

Last edited by a moderator:
People somewhat was having a civil discussion which was only about their ideas. Then you post this:
Where are the damn mods? Sleeping? All threads like these should be shut down as a pre-caution: after all, this could turn to be much worse than a mud-slinging competition (like death threats). Even worse if the media catches wind of this.
And then this:
Which is a personal attack and is something that could get this thread near locked(or mods will only put on warning on you). So congrats you are in a path of achieving getting this thread locked which was in your first post in this thread.

What do you think about the modern right glorifying a bunch of incompetent, genocidal buffons and so called """Christian"""" politicians who get caught in a sex scandal each week? It's only fair to ask in return. At least your idea of "left" (only in your head) is honest about their ideas.

I would rather have a so-called "culture war" (it doesn't exist, get over it) against medieval history than a hypocrite "Christian" dictatorship. Why do you act like you're some kind of defender of medieval history? You're not a real historian -snip-
so right bad and left good what is this star wars lets not derail this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
People somewhat was having a civil discussion which was only about their ideas. Then you post this:

And then this:

Which is a personal attack and is something that could get this thread near locked(or mods will only put on warning on you). So congrats you are in a path of achieving getting this thread locked which was in your first post in this thread.

The mods don't give a damn about this thread, they didn't warn the people who were being hostile before, why would they warn me?

Also, good, just shut down this thread, I don't care how.

This is the histrionics that I am referring too. They can't have a debate, part of it is the emotive nature of this type of "genders are equal indoctrination" in modern academics. This stuff is everywhere, it dominates the political and cultural landscape.

I got news for you guys: Men and women are vastly different, no amount of 21 first century gender ideology is going to change that.

The mods don't give a damn about this thread, they didn't warn the people who were being hostile before, why would they warn me?

Also, good, just shut down this thread, I don't care how.
that's really your agenda to shut to a discussion that you don't like i think there has been some pretty good ideas by the community like the historical sexism option

I would rather have a so-called "culture war" (it doesn't exist, get over it) against medieval history than a hypocrite "Christian" dictatorship. Why do you act like you're some kind of defender of medieval history? You're not a real historian
-snip-

Your comments above have zero relevancy to this conversation. It's obvious you can't have a civil discussion like a few others in here.

that's really your agenda to shut to a discussion that you don't like i think there has been some pretty good ideas by the community like the historical sexism option

Like the devs listen either: as I said, there WILL be a mod to implement it, just ask someone to make it, maybe a few bribes and you will have your have mod made no problem. Now go and do it. Please do share the results and the mod file here, the community will be eagerly awaiting.

Also yes, that is exactly my agenda, my Sorosbucks haven't arrived yet though.

Your comments ihave zero relevancy to this conversation. It's obvious you can't have a civil discussion like a few others in here.

"Civil discussion" don't make me laugh. This thread was never about any kind of "discussion", it was only there to stoke the fires.

If you want to debate, go to the Steam forums.

Starting the game as an ablosute loser, but few years later you're a lord. How come this is "historical" or "logical" and woman leading parties is not? Just play the game for gods sake

This is the histrionics that I am referring too. They can't have a debate, part of it is the emotive nature of this type of "genders are equal indoctrination" in modern academics. This stuff is everywhere, it dominates the political and cultural landscape.

There wasn't a debate: you said (falsely) that my source was Wikipedia -- which means you didn't even bother checking. You made a claim, I posted evidence, you said that the evidence was a lie made recently when it was (again) over a thousand years ago.

Edit:
For everyone else, note that in this post (and others) things are attributed to me that I've never said or argued.

Last edited:
Exactly, this thread was an idiotic idea from the start.
I don't see the thread as idiotic because it came up with a solution a historical sexism option that would be added in to the native game and not a mod to have to download it's also supported by members of the community of both genders so it's not too offensive also even if the developers may not respond all the time they do read these discussions so these threads are a great way to see how the players a thinking about the state of the game

Last edited:
There wasn't a debate: you said (falsely) that my source was Wikipedia -- which means you didn't even bother checking. You made a claim, I posted evidence, you said that the evidence was a lie made recently when it was (again) over a thousand years ago. This is again something that is not true.

Edit:
For everyone else, note that in this post (and others) things are attributed to me that I've never said or argued.

There are extreme outlier examples, but as a rule women across human history almost never fought as combatants in any culture. Any idea in contradiction to this is modern gender ideology. Especially in Medieval Europe it was unheard of, non existent. Women in the Middle Ages did not share 21st century views about gender equality.

There are extreme outlier examples, but as a rule women across human history almost never fought as combatants in any culture. Any idea in contradiction to this is modern gender ideology. Especially in Medieval Europe it was unheard of, non existent. Women in the Middle Ages did not share 21st century views about gender equality.

The discussion here is a bit heated, but has its fair share of quality posts.
The mods don't give a damn about this thread
You know very well that's not true, as your posts here have been edited, snipped or merged after multi-posting, and you got an alert for all of it, alert only for now.
they didn't warn the people who were being hostile before, why would they warn me?
Next up, if personal attacks, derailing, flame/baits continue, you'll surely get the answer to this question.
A hint: some here might get their Christmas gift early :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom