In the new year TaleWorlds should put out a revised update about their plans and timings for the game

Users who are viewing this thread

what skill did they require? After playing the game for 6-7 hours you could take a castle easily, even on the hardest settings

source: I did
The skill to shoot enough defenders when attacking, while not getting shot, then join the push up the ladders and survive that too. Also the skill to defend when seriously outnumbered. Although I played mostly PoP, which is more difficult because troops have higher skills, but the same can be seen in vanilla if garrisons are given enough time to upgrade so many of their troops are top tier.

They weren't this buggy but they were much more repetitive
And good god i never imagined that i'll miss the siege"ladders" aka ramps but damn now it's hard to fight by myself from the top of a ladder.
The skill to shoot enough defenders when attacking, while not getting shot, then join the push up the ladders and survive that too. Also the skill to defend when seriously outnumbered. Although I played mostly PoP, which is more difficult because troops have higher skills, but the same can be seen in vanilla if garrisons are given enough time to upgrade so many of their troops are top tier.
Doesn't BL require the same skills(if not more) regarding shooting defenders, not getting shot etc etc. I find them cooler, as now we have barricades and gates and so on.

I mean, if a beginner can take a castle after playing 6-7 hours it doesn't require that much skill. And it isn't only me, my friend who never played a mount & blade game before could take castles really easily on hard settings after I told him what he should do. The only thing you need to do is find enough men for starting the siege, even if all of your men die before you enter the castle you could still take that castle. The way that AI moved was way too obvious, you only need to kill the archers first with the god sword (a mere two-handed sword)

PS Regarding sieges, here is my personal opinion:
They should be layered in 4 parts:
1st: The Field. You bring your siege towers, ladders, ram and catapult into position. Lots of casualties on your side.
2nd: The Wall. You try to capture the walls and or the gates. Again, lots of casualties on your site.
3rd: The Streets. You try to fight your way through the streets. If it's a castle you are still in the outer ward, so enemy archers are shooting at you while you advance forth.
4th: The Keep. Close quarter battle until you finally face the enemy lord in his halls.

I guess that's way better than slaughtering 300 idiots on the walls.

PS Regarding sieges, here is my personal opinion:
They should be layered in 4 parts:
1st: The Field. You bring your siege towers, ladders, ram and catapult into position. Lots of casualties on your side.
2nd: The Wall. You try to capture the walls and or the gates. Again, lots of casualties on your site.
3rd: The Streets. You try to fight your way through the streets. If it's a castle you are still in the outer ward, so enemy archers are shooting at you while you advance forth.
4th: The Keep. Close quarter battle until you finally face the enemy lord in his halls.

I guess that's way better than slaughtering 300 idiots on the walls.
With fire and sword flashbacks intensifies.
Yeah, i'm out, too tired at this point.

I've never ever failed a siege in Warband, I'm not saying I'm a professional Warband player. I'm a pretty casual player. What I'm trying to say is, sieges in Warband were good. Sieges in Bannerlord? They are not better, but they are much more fun to play

the things is, you sometimes literally can't play Bannerlord sieges because of the performance issues.

Wtf skill did it require? Sit behind the merlon and drop overhands onto the enemy heads until your finger gets tired? Figuring out the perfect position in the man-sandwich so you could time a jump that would crowdsurf over the defenders until you landed someplace you could actually swing your weapon?

In BL things are different, for me at least, as now i can't just 1v1 20 enemies without dying or them being distracted.
Thats not because Bannerlord has better Sieges, that's just because Bannerlord has more brutal combat system and armors have little effect on your health. Sieges still a huge pile of mess.

Also, what exactly this skill talk is all about? Do you really all think Bannerlord sieges require skills? AI isn't even properly attacking and defending. When you somehow end up at the walls, you can go down and see pile of men waiting behind doors and not even bothering change their state after realizing that you are shooting them from behind.
As Andrei said, you need to fight more careful in Bannerlord because you can die easily. That's it. Not related to Sieges. You can also die in 1 vs 10 looter combat with your top tier armor and top tier weapons. So according to this, Bannerlord requires skill in everything since your character is a lil snowflake. If they "fix" that logic, it will be the same. And I'm fine with it. It's a Singleplayer game. You have your own "skills" tab for that stuff in your character screen. You don't need to be pro player as long as you develop your character.

Warband sieges, good old times. Like in the video, there were times I took castles, cities without setting a foot on the wall. Anyone tried this in Bannerlord, I avoid sieges very often.

Oh I 100% agree devs need to be paid for their work. I'm a developer and generally always champion gaming companies having further income opportunities (not outright cash grabs) to keep a game alive and growing. The issue arises when a company accepts payment upfront (early access) then consistently fails at delivering. Made 10000% worse when they do not care enough to communicate properly with their customers.

If they can first turn the game around (and add a good amount more than a "little" more content) I'm all for DLC in the future and would gladly buy it. My response was to a comment saying they would only do a little bit more (mostly QOL) then "release" it and soon after start releasing paid DLC.

Ah I see. I don't expect them to not add enough content honestly. I am sure the base game will be worthy. I expect by 1.6 the game to be in more than a playable state. Siege AI fixed, perks implemented, level progression balanced, rebellions (with new clans spawning), maybe alliances, better tournaments (with proper combatants instead of easy-mode peasants, and also I hope for equal armor for everyone - at each stage there is a certain armor set), more polished quests and small activities (minigames etc). If they do those few things, and also take into consideration some other easily-implementable suggestions that people make, it's honestly worth the money. Then modders can do more creative stuff, we will have steam workshop and everything. I do hope they will keep working in 2021 on the game still, and maybe do a full release in 2022, because I just wish for more content but it might just be greedy thinking. If they do those few-few things, to me it's well worth the buy, but I do hope for more before DLCs as you have mentioned as well

Thats not because Bannerlord has better Sieges, that's just because Bannerlord has more brutal combat system and armors have little effect on your health. Sieges still a huge pile of mess.

Also, what exactly this skill talk is all about? Do you really all think Bannerlord sieges require skills? AI isn't even properly attacking and defending. When you somehow end up at the walls, you can go down and see pile of men waiting behind doors and not even bothering change their state after realizing that you are shooting them from behind.
As Andrei said, you need to fight more careful in Bannerlord because you can die easily. That's it. Not related to Sieges. You can also die in 1 vs 10 looter combat with your top tier armor and top tier weapons. So according to this, Bannerlord requires skill in everything since your character is a lil snowflake. If they "fix" that logic, it will be the same. And I'm fine with it. It's a Singleplayer game. You have your own "skills" tab for that stuff in your character screen. You don't need to be pro player as long as you develop your character.
I didn't meant that BL sieges are better, hell, i agree with you more. The difference between WB sieges and BL sieges is, as you said, the fact that you're not almost invincible anymore and just another struggling man. However, my point for BL sieges requiring more skills oversees the fact that BL fiefs are much better structured so there's more places for you to get stuck and then mauled to death. Or even getting pushed over by the AI over the walls. But i still have to agree that BL sieges are still more clunky than the WB ones.

However, my point for BL sieges requiring more skills oversees the fact that BL fiefs are much better structured so there's more places for you to get stuck and then mauled to death.
I know what you are saying but you have more or less the same in Bannerlord as well. It's even worst sometimes since the enemy can jump off and die. Also, they can "climb" ladder accidentally and get wrecked by your soldiers because they are unable to go down or up.

You perhaps don't feel that "chokehold" because AI doesn't have awareness of what is going on in the siege and they are still waiting behind doors or towers even though you already breached the walls. If they would be able to move it's soldiers to your main breach location, it would make much more sense in terms of siege but also would still create that come-and-get style. I personally don't see any problem with this by the way. This is how you would siege in real life as well. If you don't have ranged units, simply pile to ladders or siege tower so that they can not pass. And this wait-on style also can be seen in Multiplayer by normal human players.

What I don't like about AI is that, they are not even bothering to use siege weapons, or defend the strategic positions. It's just, defenders are spawning in pre-set positions and that's all. If you would move the spawn point for gatekeepers to back, the wouldn't bother to go behind doors again. They would stay in there until they are completely surrounded. They are not shifting based on the situation or even making and logical decisions.
Same goes for attackers. They are not using siege engines properly and once they magically do, they are acting super weird like using only one ladder on siege tower etc. Most of the time it's even splitting your troops into pieces without your order and such and acting like they are in frenzy. Its really annoying to see that your T4-T5 units get rekt by a bunch of militia because they were so retarded to use ladders.

If they would fix the AI, like @Bloc said they would be much better then in Warband. One great thing in Bannerolrd is. that NPC can't just push you around. So if they fix AI and ladders and stuff....

I'd like to see some limited formations like this one : look a direction, hold shield till it broke, dont tüm around if any enemy come from other directions, dont fight just block that position in direction till die.. > a single limited/special order

I know what you are saying but you have more or less the same in Bannerlord as well. It's even worst sometimes since the enemy can jump off and die. Also, they can "climb" ladder accidentally and get wrecked by your soldiers because they are unable to go down or up.

You perhaps don't feel that "chokehold" because AI doesn't have awareness of what is going on in the siege and they are still waiting behind doors or towers even though you already breached the walls. If they would be able to move it's soldiers to your main breach location, it would make much more sense in terms of siege but also would still create that come-and-get style. I personally don't see any problem with this by the way. This is how you would siege in real life as well. If you don't have ranged units, simply pile to ladders or siege tower so that they can not pass. And this wait-on style also can be seen in Multiplayer by normal human players.

What I don't like about AI is that, they are not even bothering to use siege weapons, or defend the strategic positions. It's just, defenders are spawning in pre-set positions and that's all. If you would move the spawn point for gatekeepers to back, the wouldn't bother to go behind doors again. They would stay in there until they are completely surrounded. They are not shifting based on the situation or even making and logical decisions.
Same goes for attackers. They are not using siege engines properly and once they magically do, they are acting super weird like using only one ladder on siege tower etc. Most of the time it's even splitting your troops into pieces without your order and such and acting like they are in frenzy. Its really annoying to see that your T4-T5 units get rekt by a bunch of militia because they were so retarded to use ladders.
Yeah, this is a much better explaining and it really shows.. We need to get a better siege AI.
Also this:
Is exactly the opposite as i have seen in sieges, the defenders go to the siege engines no matter what, even ignoring the attackers that kill them.

Is exactly the opposite as i have seen in sieges, the defenders go to the siege engines no matter what, even ignoring the attackers that kill them.
They are probably the ones that spawned later. Once you kill the first spawned units, the rest of the soldiers spawns behind the walls and takes "position" even though that position no longer exists and populated by attackers. And other spawned but not dead units - let's say the ones on the other wall - isn't bothering to assist breached wall but simply waits for attackers to move across wall and attack them.

That being said, I do have high hopes that TW gonna fix the AI and performance issues about sieges. Once that bugshow goes away, we can see prettier sieges. They kinda promised to give chance to attack the camps and close-quarter fights once retreated anyway. Not sure when we will see it though, with this pace, it can take a lot of time.

That being said, I do have high hopes that TW gonna fix the AI and performance issues about sieges. Once that bugshow goes away, we can see prettier sieges. They kinda promised to give chance to attack the camps and close-quarter fights once retreated anyway. Not sure when we will see it though, with this pace, it can take a lot of time.
I still trust them for that feature. That being said i usually don't experience bad performance in sieges, only in the battanian cities/castles.

Back
Top Bottom