Question for devs about update map.

Users who are viewing this thread

First of all i wanted to say thank you for all hard work, since i know it's hard to work on a game with so many people trying to put you down in forums and reviews, don't mind them keep working to the best of your abilities.
that being said i want to say i do not mind stop playing every once in a while to wait for update.
but i did recently started playing star citizen and they have a update roadmap where you see what each team is working on, and which parts of that specific thing they working on is completed and such, would it be so hard to implement something like that for Bannerlord? i do think if u put out something like that it would stop a lot of forums from keep asking what's coming/when/why aren't you doing anything other then fixes etc...

thank you for your work :smile:

If they themselves would have anything of the like I'm sure they'd be able to share it.
But Early Access in the eyes of TW isn't meant for the community to provide feedback in order to improve the basegame.
Its merely a testing ground to fix bugs. The community's feedback isn't desired for they themselves hold all the wisdom and know better than any plebeian player what the game should be.

First of all i wanted to say thank you for all hard work, since i know it's hard to work on a game with so many people trying to put you down in forums and reviews, don't mind them keep working to the best of your abilities.
that being said i want to say i do not mind stop playing every once in a while to wait for update.
but i did recently started playing star citizen and they have a update roadmap where you see what each team is working on, and which parts of that specific thing they working on is completed and such, would it be so hard to implement something like that for Bannerlord? i do think if u put out something like that it would stop a lot of forums from keep asking what's coming/when/why aren't you doing anything other then fixes etc...

thank you for your work :smile:

Good idea, any well organized and capable company would already have this internally so it shouldn't be hard for them to share

While I get what the OP is asking for and I agree. But unfortunately I don't think it's not going to happen. TW is about the most uncommunicative gaming company I've ever seen. People have begged for some kind of a road map or frequent updates or any kind of real communication but unfortunately the best we can get is a video diary and patch notes.
Sadly I think this is the best your ever going to get. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-plans-for-singleplayer-and-engine-ii.432628/

While I get what the OP is asking for and I agree. But unfortunately I don't think it's not going to happen. TW is about the most uncommunicative gaming company I've ever seen. People have begged for some kind of a road map or frequent updates or any kind of real communication but unfortunately the best we can get is a video diary and patch notes.
Sadly I think this is the best your ever going to get. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-plans-for-singleplayer-and-engine-ii.432628/

If that's true than it's frustrating the best the company is capable of is "this is some of the stuff we might do at some unknown point in time....maybe"

If that's true than it's frustrating the best the company is capable of is "this is some of the stuff we might do at some unknown point in time....maybe"
Welcome to the TW forums I've been here for years and it can be completely frustrating at times. Lack of communication from TW is probably the most reoccurring complaint on these forums. If you can get them to change their ways more power to you.

Welcome to the TW forums I've been here for years and it can be completely frustrating at times. Lack of communication from TW is probably the most reoccurring complaint on these forums. If you can get them to change their ways more power to you.

That sucks to hear, I've been on only for Bannerlord 2 and it's been extremely frustrating. Why do they even have the forums then, they clearly don't care what's posted or about their fan-base?

Lack of communication from TW is probably the most reoccurring complaint on these forums.
It has been a recurring point of dissatisfaction for a lot of forumites, yes, however
they clearly don't care what's posted or about their fan-base?
this isn't remotely accurate. There's a number of developers that actively engage in discussion on this platform, even creating own threads to showcase what they work on etc. You can usually find those in the Citadel instead,
There's even a team of the developers actively competiting in one of the communities Skirmish tournaments and obviously the community managers are also involved in the forums. Hell, Dejan was a moderator not long ago before he entered a paid position at the company.

While not all of them, a lot of complaints regarding developer interaction on this forum are based on suggestions that don't get into the game or receive developer responses, the assumption that just because you have an idea it should be added is naive and suggests a false sense of entitlement.
Criticism is much appreciated and before someone pulls the "you just say that, because you're a moderator" I would like to point out that most of us have their fair share of issues with the game, or have suggested features and changes that have gotten no direct developer response.
But: We do know that developers check these threads and read them, which is why we have dedicated suggestion boards and collection threads to keep track of them here and here.

Would weekly patches be good? I reckon not, since I doubt there are enough meaningful additions and fixes made in a few days by the limited resources TW as a development studios has. It'd be great if they were to announce an estimate for the next patch though. The "roadmap" has already been linked, but I understand why a more detailed plan with estimated dates etc would be appreciated.

If they themselves would have anything of the like I'm sure they'd be able to share it.
But Early Access in the eyes of TW isn't meant for the community to provide feedback in order to improve the basegame.
Its merely a testing ground to fix bugs. The community's feedback isn't desired for they themselves hold all the wisdom and know better than any plebeian player what the game should be.
Hmmmm yes and no. There isn't that much official "you guys want chocolate or vanilla"? But there is a fair amount of Devs discussing certain issues and giving feedback and accepting advice.
Also I find most of the simple stuff I complain and request about gets into the game sooner or later. That doesn't mean it's because I posted about it though as many of these thing would be the obvious improvement to the porblem.

It has been a recurring point of dissatisfaction for a lot of forumites, yes, however

this isn't remotely accurate. There's a number of developers that actively engage in discussion on this platform, even creating own threads to showcase what they work on etc. You can usually find those in the Citadel instead,
There's even a team of the developers actively competiting in one of the communities Skirmish tournaments and obviously the community managers are also involved in the forums. Hell, Dejan was a moderator not long ago before he entered a paid position at the company.

While not all of them, a lot of complaints regarding developer interaction on this forum are based on suggestions that don't get into the game or receive developer responses, the assumption that just because you have an idea it should be added is naive and suggests a false sense of entitlement.
Criticism is much appreciated and before someone pulls the "you just say that, because you're a moderator" I would like to point out that most of us have their fair share of issues with the game, or have suggested features and changes that have gotten no direct developer response.
But: We do know that developers check these threads and read them, which is why we have dedicated suggestion boards and collection threads to keep track of them here and here.

Would weekly patches be good? I reckon not, since I doubt there are enough meaningful additions and fixes made in a few days by the limited resources TW as a development studios has. It'd be great if they were to announce an estimate for the next patch though. The "roadmap" has already been linked, but I understand why a more detailed plan with estimated dates etc would be appreciated.
i did not say i think anything bad about how the devs work and how long it takes for updates etc... and i'm not asking for dates on certain add-ons/fixes i would like to see what each team is working on, i don't care how long it would takes cause i would wait, just a map that shows who's working on what and what's their progress on that subject would be really nice to get some people at least to stop with the undeserve sometimes critz. again i took example from star citizen just cause of the way it looks on their website, i do suggest that if u never looked there, you might want to take a look at how they do their road maps.

i did not say i think anything bad about how the devs work and how long it takes for updates etc... and i'm not asking for dates on certain add-ons/fixes i would like to see what each team is working on, i don't care how long it would takes cause i would wait, just a map that shows who's working on what and what's their progress on that subject would be really nice to get some people at least to stop with the undeserve sometimes critz. again i took example from star citizen just cause of the way it looks on their website, i do suggest that if u never looked there, you might want to take a look at how they do their road maps.
Star citizen is a pretty miserable example given its track record.. pretty much how not to develop a game

Star citizen is a pretty miserable example given its track record.. pretty much how not to develop a game

You should be able to navigate the presented "Knows how to show a road map" with your other final judgement of the unfinished game. They do offer some fantastic roadmaps - i love their in depth writeups on the exact phases and projects they are working on for AI. Yes it may be endup a spectacular fail but their presented roadmaps are outstanding.

You should be able to navigate the presented "Knows how to show a road map" with your other final judgement of the unfinished game. They do offer some fantastic roadmaps - i love their in depth writeups on the exact phases and projects they are working on for AI. Yes it may be endup a spectacular fail but their presented roadmaps are outstanding.
The reason I don't separate those things is because they are related. "High quality" roadmaps set up expectations you can (and probably will) fail to meet

The reason I don't separate those things is because they are related. "High quality" roadmaps set up expectations you can (and probably will) fail to meet
But Star Citizen isnt done so the jury is still out. Nevertherless -i prefer long tech heavie reports of each aspect of the game -you dont, no sweat

whatever you might think of the game, i was talking specifically about the way they present their roadmap, i don't know how you got to the point that it's a miserable example. have you even looked at their roadmap?

actually it's a precourse to squadron 42, but again, u all talking **** about the game when i'm not even talking about the game, i'm talking about their roadmap!!!!
You have a good point with the roadmap. People are just grasping at straws and bringing up irrelevant aspects

>Looks up Star citizen
> Star Citizen is an in-development multiplayer
>multiplayer
All interest lost

As stated they are developing basically two games side by side concurrently with the same brand new engine (started as a heavily modified cryengine but wasnt up to the task). the scale of the game both single player Squadron 42 as well as the massive MultiVerse they are creating is utterly unseen with a level of feature creep never witnessed before by mankind. The ambition is huge as is their budget -we'll see how this longstanding promise of a game holds up if its ever released.

one thing is their roadmap and monthly/quarterly updates are extremely detailed and well polished -giving guestimates on literally every aspect of the game ie
AI soldier learning to look for dynamic cover and adjust stance by heightmap of nearby objects due by Q1 2022
-type stuff

Back
Top Bottom