Beta Patch Notes e1.5.5

Users who are viewing this thread

I would think they could do something based on lvl + armor in battle. Higher lvl and more armor less chance of death. Like a sliding scale. Just a thought.
I am thinking of course your clan, all you get for the first abut 6 years 2 people to take over, your big brother and your wife, You don't get your little sister until yeah 1089 that is a long time into the game around 500 days in, so 3 deaths within 500 days and your game is done, of course the death people will probably say you die 4 times in 500 days you should end your game.

We don't know how often people are defeated in battle, but for me, i think we will run into a problem that Lords will die faster than they can get heirs to replace them, even though they can have 4 or 5 clan members to take over first. 10% to 2% is a great move, but I can't wait to test, I think it will need to be adjusted again
They likely will need another pass at starting clan families and implement a lot more children so that we get a steady supply of new members and not a massive influx 18 years into a playthrough (when all the newborn children come of age)

My guess is 2% will be too low, but then again the number of members doesn't matter honestly (except when clans have less than 3 members). The biggest difference in the game with an overpopulation of nobles is most cities with actually have a governor. So really too many members isn't a problem as clans are gated to 3 parties on the map max.

By definition at least half the lords in a close battle will get wounded (defeated). If they fight 50 losing battles before their heirs reach 18, which is ~3 losing battles per year, they, on average, will die before they become adults, so if we believe they will fight 50 losing battles in 18 game years, which to be honest, it is pretty likely, we will end up with no lords in no time as younger people will take time to marry and have children themselves... (or at least no lords on losing factions, which will tend to get outnumbered and killed in battles as lords die and armies become smaller)

50 battles * 2% dying change = 100% chance of dying (on average)

By the way, I think there is no children/adolescents, they should add that to smooth that transition...

By definition at least half the lords in a close battle will get wounded (defeated). If they fight 50 losing battles before their heirs reach 18, which is ~3 losing battles per year, they, on average, will die before they become adults, so if we believe they will fight 50 losing battles in 18 game years, which to be honest, it is pretty likely, we will end up with no lords in no time as younger people will take time to marry and have children themselves... (or at least no lords on losing factions, which will tend to get outnumbered and killed in battles as lords die and armies become smaller)

By the way, I think there is no children/adolescents, they should add that to smooth that transition...
i don't understand probabilities myself so here's a calculator
they have 36% chance of staying alive

There are actually quite a bit of below 18 year olds at the start of the game, but it seems half finished as some clans have fleshed out families and others just have a few adults. We have clans that start with 10 members (adults and kids) and even one that starts with 1 member (poor Maneolis clan from WE), balancing of those low member clans will likely be needed.

There are actually quite a bit of below 18 year olds at the start of the game, but it seems half finished as some clans have fleshed out families and others just have a few adults. We have clans that start with 10 members (adults and kids) and even one that starts with 1 member (poor Maneolis clan from WE), balancing of those low member clans will likely be needed.
i kinda feel though some clans should die out eventually since it would be cool i think

i kinda feel though some clans should die out eventually since it would be cool i think
Trust me i want some to die out, especially with rebellions creating brand new clans we are going to need some to die out over time. But maybe not within the first year or two to help with snowballing, as the number of clans in a faction is the most influential to their potential strength.

I'm far from a programmer, is changing a 10 to a 2 in a line of code difficult?

Yes, it (reducing probability) is something very basic and easy. Problem is I am far to these parts, first I need to find owner of code & design and second after this is changed (reduce to 2%) and dying is added to simulations also I need to do several tests if it is breaking something new (snowballing tests, counting lords) in long term 20-30 year tests. Anyway we can use this mechanic (npcs dying also at simulations) to slow down lord / clan inflation also. So it will be something good for game's balance because now we are creating new clans with rebellion feature.

These are nothing delaying 1.5.6 by the way. 1.5.6 is currently being tested by test team. These changes are already added, these small code changes are already done. Probably there will be questions about date, unfortunately I have no information about 1.5.6 date. If I get any info I will share.

Also we did several works / tests / calculations with @Blood Gryphon one week ago about war & peace, I gave him data and he helped me analsysed it and prepaired very useful tables. I will share their results soon. One new good news is I suggested showing reasons of war / peace votings to player and it is approved. So we will be showing why a voting is started by a clan about war / peace probably 2 patches later. It will be something like "We should declare war aganist X because we have stronger armies compared to them and we can enlarge our territories" or "We should make peace aganist X because currently we are at war aganist several enemies". Of course there will be 4-5 different war & peace reasons with better wording & grammer.

Last edited:
Yes, it (reducing probability) is something very basic and easy. Problem is I am far to these parts, first I need to find owner of code & design and second after this is changed (reduce to 2%) and dying is added to simulations also I need to do several tests if it is breaking something new (snowballing tests, counting lords) in long term 20-30 year tests. Anyway we can use this mechanic (npcs dying also at simulations) to slow down lord / clan inflation also. So it will be something good for game's balance because now we are creating new clans with rebellion feature.

These are nothing delaying 1.5.6 by the way. 1.5.6 is currently being tested by test team. These changes are already added, these small code changes are already done. Probably there will be questions about date, unfortunately I have no information about 1.5.6 date. If I get any info I will share.

Also we did several works / tests / calculations with @Blood Gryphon one week ago about war & peace, I gave him data and he helped me analsysed it and prepaired very useful tables. I will share their results soon. One new good news is I suggested showing reasons of war / peace votings to player and it is approved. So we will be showing why a voting is started by a clan about war / peace probably 2 patches later. It will be something like "We should declare war aganist X because we have stronger armies compared to them and we can enlarge our territories" or "We should make peace aganist X because currently we are at war aganist several enemies". Of course there will be 4-5 different war & peace reasons with better wording & grammer.
Thanks a lot for the info.
And OMG the warband war dialogues are coming back. Thank you mexxico!

Wow can't thank you enough for suggesting that!

Wow can't thank you enough for suggesting that!

It will be something I need to spend about 1 week (probably at January) to find out most suitable reason but I think it will add so much sense to game. So spending 1 man's 1 week is not big deal for that feature. Also probably one UI guy's 2-3 days also for showing these reasons at voting menu (not sure if this will be selected as final decision but seems best for now imo).

Also at January I will also work on micro management for your clan members.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom