[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm testing whether I get achievements in a new save by getting captured 10 times.
Maybe I'm over reading that part but he may have missed the fact that achievements are checked every two days and simply assumed that there was an issue by not having the achievement instantly unlocking after the 10th capture.

@Huillam Thanks, that's probably it, it didn't come to my head :wink:

P.S.: Poor guy shouldn't have deleted all his progress just because of seemingly not getting achievements. At least not without creating backups...

I'm running into a bug on 3.9.5. where units like Plaguewardens that have both blunt weapons and ranged will not fire their ranged weapons. This also happens on throw weapons, where my CKO have maces and thrown weapons.

They'll default to their blunt weapon, even if I manually reset to "Use weapon at will" and "fire at will". Units will fire maybe once, then swap back to their blunt weapon. No matter how many times I ask units to fire at will, they will swap back to their default blunt weapon

I've tried deleting the PoP folder and downloading a clean version from ModDB and installing it again.

This is off the updated Steam version of the game

The strange part is when I load an older saved file, this doesn't happen

Last edited:
The weekly budget report is not calculated correctly. The upkeep lists the same number as in party window, but the profit is couple of thousands short each week.
Senderfall + 3 villages + 17 enterprises: +16026
Upkeep: -10983
Net gain: -4804 (should be +5043)

Last edited:
hello all, installed latest pop version yesterday - found bug - random bandit camp appeared on map, i enter it and when killed all bandits got message on screen telling me that all they ill gained posesions are my now - and i just end up on world map after that message. bandit camp still on map ,i enter it one more time and have same message and back to world map again - not able to get into bandit camp inventory to take my rewards. and u can do that over and over again and nothing changes.
thanks in advance

hello again
hello all, installed latest pop version yesterday - found bug - random bandit camp appeared on map, i enter it and when killed all bandits got message on screen telling me that all they ill gained posesions are my now - and i just end up on world map after that message. bandit camp still on map ,i enter it one more time and have same message and back to world map again - not able to get into bandit camp inventory to take my rewards. and u can do that over and over again and nothing changes.
thanks in advance
reinstalled game , used earlyer save and all went like it should be, great mod ,the best :wink: i love it !!!!

Every Guildmaster, Lord, and lady with warband not pendor faces has the same damn face, and both are really ugly ones with the longest narrowest chins you have ever seen, they do not look human. I had just reinstalled the mod, its annoying as I got a game with silvermist rangers, ebon gauntlet, and radiant cross all spawning, I hope its just this game but I doubt it. I dunno what could of caused it, I did, tweak the loot drop being effected by kill order but thats the only tweak I have done, also used morgs to change equipement for some KO's, the KO that generally suck.

Figured it out, was stupid, when i made the back up file i put it in the wrong folder so its just that game that was filled with legions of the weird and ugly.

Last edited:
Warband has a memory leak if played for too long without restarting the game, try a restart of the game and see if it helps

Possible bug
In the POP options screen I have checked "Display a message on player kills" and turned off casulty resports in warband options. When killing a horse in melee, it displays that I killed its rider but I have seen them get up ie I didn't kill the rider only the horse.
I've seen it a couple of times mostly with heretic worshiper's, the player kill counter is unaffected.

It happens all the time(now that I notice it) when I kill a horse with melee or ranged.

Can riderless horses get kills by running into people? Im sure I have seen people on low health knocked out by being run into by riderless horses which would make sense, I know for a fact a horse does not a need a rider to injure or harm you, and sometimes it is intentional lol.

Every Guildmaster, Lord, and lady with warband not pendor faces has the same damn face, and both are really ugly ones with the longest narrowest chins you have ever seen, they do not look human. I had just reinstalled the mod, its annoying as I got a game with silvermist rangers, ebon gauntlet, and radiant cross all spawning, I hope its just this game but I doubt it. I dunno what could of caused it, I did, tweak the loot drop being effected by kill order but thats the only tweak I have done, also used morgs to change equipement for some KO's, the KO that generally suck.

Figured it out, was stupid, when i made the back up file i put it in the wrong folder so its just that game that was filled with legions of the weird and ugly.
It is a corrupted savegame, you can't do anything to fix it once such magnitude of abominations happen. Delete it and quit the game to desktop before starting a new game. From that point onwards, play with unrealistic saving policy and save only inside scenes (tavern, village, streets, courtyard, "view your soldiers" camp menu, etc.) to prevent savegame corruptions from happening. Saving on the world map is prone to scripts getting interrupted, thus creating savegame corruptions.

Can riderless horses get kills by running into people? Im sure I have seen people on low health knocked out by being run into by riderless horses which would make sense, I know for a fact a horse does not a need a rider to injure or harm you, and sometimes it is intentional lol.
Yes, they can. Horse charges deal blunt damage. Regular troops and heroes will "fall unconscious" (that's the literal notification), units that cannot be knocked out such as undead will "fall dead". That's the literal notifications you get under such cases, without the offender getting named. You get the same notifications btw when troops fall from the wall/ladders in sieges and get taken out.

Last edited:
Looters from the guildmaster quest are still hostile to other factions.

Thats so annoying spend weeks trying to track those guys down, and they get taken out, and they travel so far, I got the quest from valonbray and tracked these guys down all the way to almost cez before a vassal took them out before I could get to them. Its one of the most annoying quests i think im just going to autofail those. It was annoying in native too.

It is a corrupted savegame, you can't do anything to fix it once such magnitude of abominations happen. Delete it and quit the game to desktop before starting a new game. From that point onwards, play with unrealistic saving policy and save only inside scenes (tavern, village, streets, courtyard, "view your soldiers" camp menu, etc.) to prevent savegame corruptions from happening. Saving on the world map is prone to scripts getting interrupted, thus creating savegame corruptions.

Yes, they can. Horse charges deal blunt damage. Regular troops and heroes will "fall unconscious" (that's the literal notification), units that cannot be knocked out such as undead will "fall dead". That's the literal notifications you get under such cases, without the offender getting named. You get the same notifications btw when troops fall from the wall/ladders in sieges and get taken out.
Thank you I will do that from now on, i did not know about saving in taverns. I guess its an abomination, in that game pendor had gone through 100s of years of inbreeding so everyone looked the same, and like extras from the hills have eyes or something lol. Game is such a blast to play, its weird how it can be so good compared to stuff that comes out these days with huge budgets but they bore me quickly.

Its not so bad because I was not so long into that game, i started another game and got to get the same KO to spawn so its fine.

Last edited:
Right after unhiding Elecrai I have a horrible lag on world map and in menus, but scenes are smooth. Its practically unplayable.
Played PoP hundreds of times and never seen this bug.
Anybody know how to fix it?

edit: Nvm... restarting pc helped, very strange

Last edited:
Thank you I will do that from now on, i did not know about saving in taverns. Game is such a blast to play, its weird how it can be so good compared to stuff that comes out these days with huge budgets but they bore me quickly.

Its not so bad because I was not so long into that game, i started another game and got to get the same KO to spawn so its fine.
Right after unhiding Elecrai I have a horrible lag on world map and in menus, but scenes are smooth. Its practically unplayable.
Played PoP hundreds of times and never seen this bug.
Anybody know how to fix it?

edit: Nvm... restarting pc helped, very strange

Restarting PC helps with a lot of things, especially lag in games, if the pc and game have been running for a while. I think it has something to do with memory leak?

Restarting PC helps with a lot of things, especially lag in games, if the pc and game have been running for a while. I think it has something to do with memory leak?
memory leak usually gets fixed by just restarting the game for me. and what I noticed its not the time the game has been running, but the amount of save/loads. If I dont save/load a lot, I can play whole day without problems, but if I reload lets say 30 times in 1 hour, the game needs to restart because lag

memory leak usually gets fixed by just restarting the game for me. and what I noticed its not the time the game has been running, but the amount of save/loads. If I dont save/load a lot, I can play whole day without problems, but if I reload lets say 30 times in 1 hour, the game needs to restart because lag
Precisely. Do you also mean that during all these years, Warband has never started to lag out of nowhere for you? Or you just didn't pay attention / didn't know what was going on until now? :eek:

Precisely. Do you also mean that during all these years, Warband has never started to lag out of nowhere for you? Or you just didn't pay attention / didn't know what was going on until now? :eek:
I knew the memory leak problem with game engine. But the world map lag was first time for me

Back
Top Bottom